Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#9476 Old 17th May 2020 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I haven't played my medieval hood for a while but it is a lot of fun and the amount of cc available is just incredible. Talking of cc, since I started playing again in late March I've downloaded 130 items. That may not be much to you, but I never was a huge downloader. I can't seem to stop myself.

130 items is probably somewhere about my daily download amount . I think you are showing admirable restraint ! Damn you, all those pretty pooklet, Io, furbyq, TheRaven and others hair colors (just kidding, love 'em all, keep 'em coming !)

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Advertisement
Instructor
#9477 Old 17th May 2020 at 10:05 AM
I'm so bad at CC hunting. At least initially I had the foresight of picking just like 5 colors out of 25... Eventually I just didn't care anymore! Unfortunately this means that I'm stuck in a limbo with my Pleasantview - over the time I got to 12 GB of stuff and takes me ~30 minutes to load into an household.
I'd love to get it back but there's way too much CC, including the lots. I know I could extract and recreate the families but they're Maxis Descendants :/ but I I'm trying to build a new download folder, although my weakness is hair and clothes (I'm trying to obsess less about the object coinversions, but then stuff like RoM comes out and I HAVE to get those magic things into my game lol).
Inventor
#9478 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:23 PM
As if I don't have enough on my plate already, from recoloring 60+ eyebrow sets, retexturing hairs in my default system, and planning my legacy hood, I figured out how to add morphs to clothes tonight; halfway that is, still gotta figure out how to actually import the mesh to the main file. It's actually kinda fun using the meshing toolkit, it didn't take as long as I imagined

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#9479 Old 17th May 2020 at 2:15 PM
Yesterday I had a new years party for the first time. It's not THAT special, don't know why I dragged out on trying it for so long, lol.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#9480 Old 17th May 2020 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I've never been interested in creating a medieval hood until recently. It sounds different and like a lot of fun... such a huge project to undertake however. Making new rules, finding all the CC and having a separate downloads folder from my normal game, etc. Especially for someone who likes to make terrains & lots from scratch..
I can't stop thinking about it though.

If you search "medieval" in the downloads section you'll find gwrych, and another big multi-download project that I can't remember the name of. Those two and sunni's medieval roads defaults are most of the things you need.

Inventor
#9481 Old 18th May 2020 at 4:58 AM
Just to add to Pideli's helpful post , probably http://www.modthesims.info/d/232462...rk-project.html Lots of cool stuff there.

Totally unrelated ramble , I googled Sims 2 grungy urban hood today and the first , the fifth and the elebenth images that show up are all mine (there are more, but I can only count to eleben, I'm a katz yo) And to think when I left the cattery they said I'd never amount to nothin'. Also, whatever metrics google uses are obviously whack yo !

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#9482 Old 18th May 2020 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I haven't played my medieval hood for a while but it is a lot of fun and the amount of cc available is just incredible. Talking of cc, since I started playing again in late March I've downloaded 130 items. That may not be much to you, but I never was a huge downloader. I can't seem to stop myself.

I'm sure that you've been to PBK, but in case you haven't...http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...42ea25640857613

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#9483 Old 18th May 2020 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Just to add to Pideli's helpful post , probably http://www.modthesims.info/d/232462...rk-project.html Lots of cool stuff there.

Yes that was the other one I meant!
I was too lazy to find the link, I'm on mobile :P

Scholar
#9484 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:29 PM
Two of my weird interests that bore others and have reached the point of obsession nowadays -- near-term space colonization and TS2 neighbourhood aesthetics -- are surprisingly compatible for inspiration purposes. I'd been mulling over a marketing strategy for self-sufficient Lagrange point colonies; something along the lines of, "As beautiful as Earth, and less dangerous," because right now the inherent danger of living in space seems like a fair trade for living in a world specifically constructed to be under control, a world with a perfect climate and strict quarantines for anyone coming from the big mudball, a world where the timing of rain would be an issue for city council meetings... This is conflicting with the fact that I know a lot of people (including me) would miss having a sky above them rather than the upside-down landscape of an inverted sphere or cylinder or the painted clouds (which would be a needless strain on a shoestring budget anyway) of a torus' inner surface. And then...enter skyboxes. Not that it would be a short-term option because of the scale, but the luxury market might like it... Picture a massive torus colony composed of "neighbourhoods" (or towns, cities, and suburbs, realistically, which is what I see TS2 neighbourhoods as being) under domes onto which skies of the inhabitants' choosing are projected. The domes could be the flimsy aluminium mesh of a planetarium dome as long they're isolated from outside light, as the whole torus would be pressurised. Use the in-between space for agriculture, have the option of varying climates between neighbourhood bubbles, connect them by tunnels...

Yes, I have too much time on my hands and panic on my mind.
Mad Poster
#9485 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:53 PM
EA/Maxis is soooo parochial. I'm just trying to build a cc free house in a high desert, like where I live! All I can use is prickly pear, sunflowers, and firs and pines. Nothing remotely resembles sage, and you know what I see out my window? Sage, tumbleweed, rabbit brush, junipers . . . (okay, I'm actually on a year-round creek, but even if I were to set my build on a creek, nothing in the game looks like the plants.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#9486 Old 18th May 2020 at 9:31 PM
I saw a Pokémon meme about Hoenn and got inspired to make one about the sims as well
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9487 Old 18th May 2020 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
EA/Maxis is soooo parochial. I'm just trying to build a cc free house in a high desert, like where I live! All I can use is prickly pear, sunflowers, and firs and pines. Nothing remotely resembles sage, and you know what I see out my window? Sage, tumbleweed, rabbit brush, junipers . . . (okay, I'm actually on a year-round creek, but even if I were to set my build on a creek, nothing in the game looks like the plants.)

I've encountered the same problem as well, and while I haven't found any perfect solution to deal with all of it, a few suggestions if I may- The full-size bonsai trees from BV actually look fairly similar to the kind of gnarled twisted shapes you get from pinon pine in the high deserts I'm familiar with, lots of the oleander shrubs placed together with quartertileplacement on can be made to look like scrubby juniper or maybe even sage (with a healthy bit of imagination), and a few of the potted houseplants can actually be made to look like native outdoor plants if you use rocks or other foliage to hide the pots at the base of the object (for that matter, adding lots of the rocks from the decorations tab can make a location feel more like the high deserts too- if yours is anything like mine, most small plants are kind of sheltered by at least a few rocks, and a mix of the two types from the catalog and a lot of careful terrain paint can really help!). Hardly a perfect fix, or even a good one, but it might at least give you some ideas to play around with...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#9488 Old 19th May 2020 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I saw a Pokémon meme about Hoenn and got inspired to make one about the sims as well

I saw one about Strangetown a while a go.
Theorist
#9489 Old 19th May 2020 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

Love it!

Though makes me kind of wonder who those people at Angela's birthday party are. The blond boy is probably child!Dustin. And maybe the timline works for the brown haired girl to be Lacy (I'm not sure about that...)
But the brown haired woman is a complete mystery.
Same with the Redheaded Guy who was Daniel's Best Man at his wedding.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#9490 Old 19th May 2020 at 5:19 AM
@zarathustra Thanks! I'll give those a try.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#9491 Old 19th May 2020 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm sure that you've been to PBK, but in case you haven't...http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...42ea25640857613

It wasn't me looking for medieval cc (I already have heaps) but perhaps @BeckyBoo8. But agree PBK is a huge resource for medieval cc, as well as https://themedievalsmithysims2.blogspot.com/
Theorist
#9492 Old 19th May 2020 at 6:51 AM
I was thinking of some things that I really wish they would have added to the Sims series at some point, mostly things that would make the gameplay a little bit more challenging and realistic:

1) Proper plumbing, with the player having to lay out the water pipes and buy a boiler.
2)Wirering in the player having to place cables in the walls and a fuse box.
3)Heating, with Sims freezing in unheated rooms during winter. Heating would add to the bills.

Forum Resident
#9493 Old 19th May 2020 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I was thinking of some things that I really wish they would have added to the Sims series at some point, mostly things that would make the gameplay a little bit more challenging and realistic:

1) Proper plumbing, with the player having to lay out the water pipes and buy a boiler.
2)Wirering in the player having to place cables in the walls and a fuse box.
3)Heating, with Sims freezing in unheated rooms during winter. Heating would add to the bills.

I agree that's why I downloaded Lamare's unfinished, in-testing utility mod It's buggy and throws me all kinds of errors, but the gameplay is so good. I love it. The telephone breaks, the lights go off, and a blackout breaks all electrical things, which you have to fix at the fuse box. I use it with ChristianLov's All-in-One-Nanny and Wallet Token so that the repairman that turns up is actually one of my sims, and he gets paid cash in hand, or a "cheque" is sent to him. Lamare hasn't yet included water, but I think that was the initial intention. The heating wiring thing I would love as well. All I got is Plumbobkeep, Cyclonsue (TSR), Raynuss and Simlogical making heating and cooling autonomous, with animated fans and fireplaces that you light with wood. Wish it would affect bills. I got CC wires, drains and pipes but again they don't do anything.
Mad Poster
#9494 Old 20th May 2020 at 12:24 AM
I recognize that it's there to keep people from getting away with things like not paying bills or dodging the social worker when she comes to take away kids from a bad household, but it always bugs me that Sims can't cast spells on those kinds of NPCs... Like, "yeah, this Sim's an immortal vampire criminal mastermind atrociously evil warlock, but sure, he won't cast dark spells on the repoman because 'he looks busy.'"

Hardly in character...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#9495 Old 20th May 2020 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I recognize that it's there to keep people from getting away with things like not paying bills or dodging the social worker when she comes to take away kids from a bad household, but it always bugs me that Sims can't cast spells on those kinds of NPCs... Like, "yeah, this Sim's an immortal vampire criminal mastermind atrociously evil warlock, but sure, he won't cast dark spells on the repoman because 'he looks busy.'"

Hardly in character...

I agree so much....it was always so awkward that my evil warlock couldn't banish the burglar from his home. All he could do is invite his friends over and banish them back to their houses "mwahahahahaha"

And really why shouldn't we be able to use magic to avoid bills, repo men and social workers? That's why it's magic, making it more integrated with the gameplay would have only improved that under developed feature.

Plus without a no-reagents mod, spells still require effort in creating all those reagents in advance, so it's not like it would be a complete cheat.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9496 Old 20th May 2020 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I agree so much....it was always so awkward that my evil warlock couldn't banish the burglar from his home. All he could do is invite his friends over and banish them back to their houses "mwahahahahaha"

And really why shouldn't we be able to use magic to avoid bills, repo men and social workers? That's why it's magic, making it more integrated with the gameplay would have only improved that under developed feature.

Plus without a no-reagents mod, spells still require effort in creating all those reagents in advance, so it's not like it would be a complete cheat.

Well you can pretend. Turn buy and build back on, delete the burglar with move objects then later teleport them back to the lot and cast spells on him/her.

I do avoid bills in certain cirmsistances, just ban the mail carier.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9497 Old 20th May 2020 at 11:59 AM
Idk about the social worker, but I was able to start fighting the burglar. I use reaper with no name's Anyone Fight Burglars and then I think it's pescado's interactwogreet that helps with the "can't cast spell, he/she looks busy" problem.

Installing mods that change the burglar chance kinda broke this, though, so beware if you have any of those. I've been fiddling with the load order to see if I can get everything to work right, but it's been a while since I saw a burglar so I can't 100% confirm, but I'd load reaper with no name's mod last.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#9498 Old 20th May 2020 at 2:12 PM
Just a random thought, but I think it's hilarious when a Sim decides to make a full turkey dinner for no apparent reason, especially as a midnight snack.
Mad Poster
#9499 Old 20th May 2020 at 6:53 PM
Yea, you reminded me recently one of my sim decided to make Lobster Thermidor when she and whole family was on 1/3 down in hunger and of course she burned it. So family ate it and everyone made retching noises. I decided to give her lesson and cancelled everyone's eating and she ate to the end and cleaned up half-eaten plates. I think she wasn't proud what she did.
Top Secret Researcher
#9500 Old 20th May 2020 at 9:52 PM
Irritating me is a crime punishable by death in my game. Too bad servos are basically indestructible.

Page 380 of 516