Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
#101 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 10:29 PM
Are you talking about Microsoft .NET Framework? You can download it here
Advertisement
#102 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 10:41 PM
...nvm i found it! ^,^;; ummm i needed to dl the framework v1.1, god i feel stupid!
#103 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 9:33 PM
can some one PLEASE help!!! i cant bet it to work for some reason, i cant import it back into SimPE.
I Right-click on the image and Build DXT can not be slected.
what do i do? please could some one send me a message telling me how to fix this??
Part-time Hermit
#104 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 10:08 PM
If you're following Numenor's tutorial, he tells you that you need to download and install the nVidia DDS Utilities for this tutorial. See the first post (=the tutorial) in this thread for more information on that. When you have that correctly installed, the Build DXT option will show up.
#105 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 10:26 PM
so is this a way to like recolour, the DDS i mean, because all i used to do hair and stuff for body show was the *ikky* paint on my computer... and it looked all pixle-ish and it was blurry
Part-time Hermit
#106 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 10:30 PM
The DDS Utilities are just a better way to import your textures, you're still going to need a paint program, the DDS Utilities won't do that for you. The DDS is not obligatory, you can just right click on the texture image, choose Import, select your texture, then right-click on the imported image, select Update All Sizes and commit, but with Build DXT you will usually get better looking results.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 6:52 PM
Hey, great tutorial, but where do I download the 'Object Workshop'? o_O

I was a small time creator for TS2.
Just not talented enough yet to create for TS3 or TS4...
Part-time Hermit
#108 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:01 PM
Object Workshop comes with SimPE that you can download here.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
Object Workshop comes with SimPE that you can download here.
Oh, well I already have SimPE, so I should have the 'Object Workshop' then right?

((I'm a master with clothing, but totally cluless when it comes to objects))

Part-time Hermit
#110 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:14 PM
Yes, you should have it, then . Then see the tutorial for instructions on how to start it up.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
Yes, you should have it, then . Then see the tutorial for instructions on how to start it up.
OK, thnx. ^_~

Mad Poster
#112 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 6:44 AM Last edited by niol : 27th Jan 2006 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typos... :P
How to borrow other default textures already in-game?

Upddate after the following IgnorantBliss's post:

Thanks...
Part-time Hermit
#113 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
How to borrow other default textures already in-game?

You could follow the article on the repository technique, but instead of creating the custom repository object, clone the Maxis object you want to borrow the textures from with all of the cloning options unchecked (you only need it to get the filenames to link to, and this way you'll get the deafult filenames without the usual custom object codes).
Test Subject
#114 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 9:47 AM
Thank you Numenor! I'm brand new to this whole modding thing and your tutorial helped me greatly.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:40 AM
When I went to select Build DXT, it was all grey and I couldn't select it. What should I do now?

яαcћεℓℓε<3
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Part-time Hermit
#116 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FadedKisses
When I went to select Build DXT, it was all grey and I couldn't select it. What should I do now?

You will have to download and install the DDS Utilities. See the first post of this thread again for details on that.
Test Subject
#117 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 4:48 PM
hi
I tried the tutorial, and did everything (I was making posters) but when I got ingame, the recolours had the maxis texture. Maybe this has something to do with using the "import" button instead of "build DXT"? But the DXT option was garyed out. Aaah! *goes crazy*

(nvm about the DXT bit.... But is the Import button a problem, other than how it looks?)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 4:51 PM
If you use the Import button, you have to right-click on the image and choose "Update all sizes", to prevent the problem that you've described.

The "Update all sizes" is NOT necessary when you use the DXT function.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#119 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 5:11 PM
I just re-did it in dxt (I right clicked build DXT etc...) do I have to update all sizes? Or just make new files?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 5:13 PM
NO! If you import the image using the Build DXT, you should NEVER "Update all sizes": it would make your image look worse!

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#121 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 5:16 PM
k.. it still doesn't work, even if I made it dxt...
Should I make new files?
Test Subject
#122 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 7:44 PM
Great tutorial!

Got it to work first time, so trying my hand at a different object to recolor and have sumbled upon a problem.

If this has been answered previously I apologise I tried to do a search for my issue first but couldn't seem to find it, anyways here's the problem :

I'm recoloring the maxis wallmount phone, that beige type color ALL the time drives me nuts! (give me options!! heh). Did everything fine and went in to game to check the package. Nice red phone for the wall!!.... with a beige handset?? Have I missed something or is there a specific process needed for certain objects to be recolored such as this?

While I'm posting I'd also like to say thank you to all the people here that take the time to make these tutorials and to help out on the forum, without you people I'm positive I would never even dream of trying to make things in the Sims2 - So once again thank you all!!
Field Researcher
#123 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bkn1978
Great tutorial!

Got it to work first time, so trying my hand at a different object to recolor and have sumbled upon a problem.

If this has been answered previously I apologise I tried to do a search for my issue first but couldn't seem to find it, anyways here's the problem :

I'm recoloring the maxis wallmount phone, that beige type color ALL the time drives me nuts! (give me options!! heh). Did everything fine and went in to game to check the package. Nice red phone for the wall!!.... with a beige handset?? Have I missed something or is there a specific process needed for certain objects to be recolored such as this?

No, you're ok. Go back into the game. After you buy the new color phone (both wall and table phone have the new option) go into "live" mode for a moment. Then go back into "buy" mode and click on the handset with the "design" tool and you can choose the new color for the handset. The design tool is supposed to look like a ring of fabric samples, I think. It's under the "hand" and "eyedropper" tools.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k os girl
k.. it still doesn't work, even if I made it dxt...
Should I make new files?

I'm not sure to understand the problem, but yes, every time you can't fix a package no matter what you try, it's better to start a new package from scratch

Test Subject
#125 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 7:59 AM Last edited by lindawing : 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:36 AM.
Could you explain where to find this tutorial in .pdf form? The introduction says it's available, but I can't find it anywhere. Please help. :-)

EDIT--I found it! Also, I carefully went through the recoloring tutorial while online, and though I was frustrated from time to time due to my less-than-full knowledge of Paint-Shop-Pro, but the SimPE tutorial itself was excellent. Thank you.

Linda
Page 5 of 47