Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:55 PM Last edited by patul : 22nd Nov 2006 at 10:39 AM.
No pblem with pets ep

I dont use pets for building but perhaps a day...

No pblem when you are back to the lot

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 2:33 PM
Timmnuv2 – this technique does work with all of the SPs and EPs, Pets included. As Niol suggested, are you certain that you’re following all of the steps precisely? This trick requires that you undo and redo the steps exactly as the document outlines, or the maneuver won’t work. The same is to be said of when to turn the cheat on and off, as this will effect how and if the wall will be reduced.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:22 AM
I'm on an empty lot with one wall on top of the other. I turned on cFE just as in the tutorial but nothing is happening. I've gone up one level and clicked on top of the second wall and even clicked on the second floor invisible "tiles" and on the ground. Have I missed something? How does the wall shrink?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 4:25 AM
Rhinsmsi – I’m not sure that I understand exactly where you are in the steps and if you are reducing the top wall when you type that you are clicking on it. Clicking on the wall with the CFE turned on will not drop the wall height, if this is how you are attempting to do it.

Basically the wall’s height is drastically decreased by the action of first lowering the wall’s height, reducing terrain by x amount of clicks, undoing the actions with the CFE turned off to the point where the wall returns to its normal height of 16 clicks, and then hitting the redo button. Confusing, I know. But it’s this height lowering and undoing/redoing of the actions that tricks the game into shortening the walls thusly.

In my tutorial, I’ve skipped over steps where basic CFE knowledge is used in lowering the walls. Might this be where you are experiencing problems? Numenor and MikeInside have some wonderful tutorials that illustrate the basics of the CFE cheat, and they can be found here respectively at http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...&user_id=197655
and http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/tutorials.html .

Let me know if this helps or if your problem lies elsewhere in the steps.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 12:20 AM
Thank you, V1nd1care. I didn't realize that I turned on the cheat, lowered the wall, etc. That's what was confusing me. Thank you again. And keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 9:21 PM
AAARGH! The site won't let me download this tutorial. This is the one tutorial I need to read! I've got twenty million ideas that I need this cheat for!

But Delphy, in his infinite drunken wisdom, gives me this error message:

"You are not allowed to get this file. If you are a MTS2 supporter, or a Featured Artist, or a MooMoo winner, then you must log out of the site and log back in again to access these pages."

Now, I've seen boneheaded error text before, but this one eats the cake. If I'm not logged in, I can't download. If I log in, I can't either. Sounds like I need a fake ID or something.

Maybe I'll just go kill myself. I can't take this kind of frustration!

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 10:00 PM
en7en --
Just after the holidays I was getting this message on everything too. Ultimately I cleared my cache, erased all temp files, told it not to remember me, logged out, made sure I was good and logged out, told the disk cleaner utilitiy to get rid of all internet files (just in case there were some I was too ignorant to find), rebooted and Presto! when I logged back in, I was golden on downloads. T

There is a thread about it in site issues. I tried various '1-step' actions (e.g. logging out or clearing cache). That didn't seem to work. In an utter fit of temper, I tried everything that I found suggested on the thread all at once -- and it worked. Of course it probably doesn't really require all of those things, but I was getting desparate.

Ultimately, if that doesn't work, pm me with an email & I'll be glad to beam a copy over to you.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 11:31 PM
en7en -- Long time no see

Sorry, but I've never encountered that little error before. It must have something to do with the secondary downloads.

If you're still having download issues and bluetexas hasn't already sent you the file, just let me know.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 4:16 PM Last edited by niol : 31st Jan 2007 at 5:53 PM.
omg, we can't wait to see what will come out soon...

Just add some experiences of mine here.
I still couldn't figure out how to make >1 level of compressed levels. the previously made one reverts back due to 4-click/4-step limits.

it's interesting, the levelling tool wouldn't cause the <4-click phenomenon nor can it cause the compressed layers to revert back to 4-click-high in-between.

Only the raising and lowering tools can do both.

N, if an extra click of raising or lowering is accidentally made, it's safe to click undo during the whole process as long as the bp-cfe is set to false still.

It may be good to pre-tile the floor layers to help stronger fixation of the grid layers.

Since modular stairs can only work with no less than 2-steps, this technique allows split level low like 2 steps high.
May read here if not yet.

Yet, it's often to avoid bp-cfe-f with a level of 4-click-high unless a bounced extra click addition is wanted.
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 9:39 AM
Great tutorial V1nd1care.

I think there is a small error in method 'B', #4, which states:

"Turn off the CFE and raise the terrain beneath the wall’s base by 3 clicks."
when I think you mean
"Raise the terrain.....and then turn off CFE"

Not a big deal as anyone who can do the first method will figure out the second and third.

Thanks for the excellent expert building technique spelled out so clearly!
Inventor
#36 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:25 AM
Thank goodness - I'd tried this way back and that caused me problems - decided to give it another try and still had problems. Whee - I got it to work finally now!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:59 PM
Yikes -- thanks for pointing that error out, smacksim. Goes to show that one can never proof read a document enough.

Reyn – sorry about the confusion that this caused. I’m glad to read that you were able to get it working properly.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th May 2007 at 6:24 PM
I'm very curious, sometimes i can't believe that what you've build is possible, it will be nice to finally see who you did it LOL like a magician who reveals his magic. Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 1:00 AM Last edited by SimDominator : 4th Jun 2007 at 4:13 AM.
This is a great find ya got there but i cant seem to get B or C to work properly, after i folow all the steps i end up with a normal height base wall and a 4 high 2nd story wall, both lowered by 3 cliks as specified in the tutorial. The terrain under the base wall ends up lowered by 3 clicks when it should be level with the ground surrounding it, correct? I beleive i am messing up one of the steps to cause this but i am not sure which 1, please help.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 5:28 PM
Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:08 AM
I can't get the method to work. I think my problem lies in the initial lowering of the wall. I can't lower the second story wall to 4 clicks without either extending the wall by 2 segments (so I can do the necesary raising and flattening) or build an external structure to level from. How can I lower the second story with only one segment of wall as illustrated?
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 3:51 PM
Belay my last. I found out how to do it. It definately is an amazing trick! I am using it to augment my signiature double-staircase entrance. I am making progress with it, and it looks better now than it did without said trick, but I am still a bit fuzzy on the applications and it is frustrating that it undoes itself if you change the level of the wall again. I would like to read more tutorials on how to apply this to create some of those awesome structures (like the ship).
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 4:06 PM
Killa Dilla -- I'm glad that you got it to work for you. Yes, the applications can get a bit tricky but it'll become second nature for you the more that you play with it. Experimentation can be the best teacher.
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 4:07 AM
Is it theoretically possible to make negative height walls (such that the second floor is actually lower than the first) by doing the initial raise of the lower wall by more than 4 clicks? I want to try this and see what happens.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 4:37 AM
Having used the process myself in constructing lots like The Venture, negative height walls are completely feasible.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:38 AM
I did in fact read post 35 about the error but i think this is just too complicated for me. Im horrible with instructions unless some1s actualy helping me personally but thanks for this tutorial, great work!!
Mad Poster
#47 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 8:37 AM
Lol, all you need is
1. confidence to try out what's written in the tutorial and learn about how it works technically.
2. browse-through or even some play on some lots that apply this techniques... So, you may gain insight on how the technique can be used.
say,
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=228145
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=185113

3. application of all the you have learnt along with inspirations to your creations.
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 2:36 AM
Well, I really didn't understand the tutorial well... I dont even know how to do half of the things; I do not know how to reduce neither to grow the walls... I guess Ill never get to this stuff...

-- Damian Kroogle
Mad Poster
#49 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:14 AM
Lord Damian Kroogle,

lol, which section and which part did you start to get lost?
May consider it as 1. plan for the position --> 2. the procedure --> 3. the expected results.
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 11:00 AM
On the first step... I was already lost... I dont know how to do anything with the CFE... Only basic things, like changing roofs and stuff...
Page 2 of 3