Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:51 PM
May read and learn the infos linked in "What you will need" and the tutorial sections
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Stealth_Stairs

In the former section, Numenor's tutorial introduced the basic concept of the cheat and guide you a few examples.
May get used to that first if not.

In the tutorial section, Ralphael showed how to use modular stairs to compress the level grid as well as making stealth stairs...
But making 3 consecutive sets of modular stairs on the same level grid layer, the walls right under the last stair lower end will be compressed down to 4-click-high/4-step-high/0.75.

May also learn how to use guide wall from Mikeinside's tutorial as well....
http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...airs/index.html

By using a guide wall/column, one can drag-control the wall height.

These linked are the basic techniques to learn how to work with the bp cfe cheat.

The another way to make walls <4-click/step-high is to HEX-mod the lot package file as linked in my signature.
what to try, you decide.

If more questions about those linked, may post at the build mode.
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

But if you have mor question about this tutorial in this thread, surely please ask here...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 10:54 PM
Thanks... I guess it will be much more helpful... Now all I need to do is try... =]

Damian Kroogle
Test Subject
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 8:24 AM
Thanks for this tutorial very much. but I have a question when I try to build two wall atop each other under 4 clicks level the wall under the other wall becomes 4 clicks level how can I improve this?..
Mad Poster
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Türkiye
Thanks for this tutorial very much. but I have a question when I try to build two wall atop each other under 4 clicks level the wall under the other wall becomes 4 clicks level how can I improve this?..

The technique in this tutorial can allow users to deform the wall less than 4-click/4-step/0.75 for once at a time.

using a build tool that can affect the elevation at the <4-click site vertically can undo the trick simply because a build tool will initiate at least a check for that limit.

In the case of the wall tools, it can be affected by the wall properties set in the script wall.txt
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106473
with both RequiresFlatBottom and RequiresFlatTop set to true, the wall tool can easily cause the game to enforce the 4-click limit.
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 6:45 PM
I'm sorry, I Know this is a stupid question, but could someone explain how you make a seamless basement? I've tried but I can't do it.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 5:39 PM
villhelm706,

if it's done by this trick, I hope such tutorial may come out soon.

if with custom objects to hide away the slant, may check out the wiki for custom objects. it should be in the build mode category for custom objects.
Test Subject
#57 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niol
villhelm706,

if it's done by this trick, I hope such tutorial may come out soon.

if with custom objects to hide away the slant, may check out the wiki for custom objects. it should be in the build mode category for custom objects.

No I want to know with this trick.
Haven't tried custom objects I'll check that out.
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:34 PM
If you have any succes with custom objects, please give us a heads up, because i would like to know this, too
Test Subject
#60 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:20 PM Last edited by gimbel92 : 17th Aug 2008 at 6:56 PM.
oh thx, but the problem is, the sims cant walk over it and it doesnt really look like the original MAXIS-Grass

But in the journal from V1ND1CARE stand, that she will make a tut for the "true sunken basement" I hope such tut come out soon
Mad Poster
#61 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 6:05 PM
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 12:36 AM
but when i downloaded this tutorial the pics wont show up so I dont understand the tutorial
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 5:20 PM
You must wait a few minutes...... Then, they should appear
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gimbel92
You must wait a few minutes...... Then, they should appear
But thats not the problem the problem is that the tutorial refuses to show the pics
Mad Poster
#65 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by landon
But thats not the problem the problem is that the tutorial refuses to show the pics

what progrmme are you trying to open the tutorial?
can it be a setting in the programme inhibiting the display of images?

maybe, you can try an office suite like open office (freeware, may google it if necessary) to open it.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:24 PM
thats genious, ive tried for so long making tiny walls, thank you so mush..

Kofforda<3
"""""""""""""""
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:28 PM
I understand that this thread is more than a year old, so this may seem like necroposting. However, in light of the recent release of The Sims 3, I was wondering if their was an alternative method to creating 0 click high walls or if the current method is still applicable. Perhaps someone with a little more building skill than myself could test it? I have yet to get the method to work myself but this may be cause I am doing something wrong. Again, sorry for reviving the thread but I feel that the knowledge may be useful.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:26 AM
Killa_Dilla,

Actually, this is a good idea...

I also wanna know if this can work in TS3, too.
Site Helper
#69 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:38 PM
The TS2GridAdjuster is an alternative to this technique for TS2. However, it has not been ported to TS3.
Page 3 of 3