Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pixie Forests

by Enayla Posted 20th Sep 2006 at 4:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2008 at 9:48 PM by fanseelamb : fixing thumbnail

204 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 200 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 9:30 AM
Iv tried downloading most of your skintones but they never show up in my game.Does anyone know what im doing wrong? I dont have a problem with anyone elses just your skintone and im desperate to get them in my game cos there so cool.
Test Subject
#127 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:50 AM
Your work literally takes me breath away. You've turned a mere computer game to works of art, thank you for sharing these.
Test Subject
#128 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 9:13 PM
Beautiful, as always =D
Test Subject
#129 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:03 AM
I am such a big fan of your work! I love all your skins! You're such a great artist!
Test Subject
#130 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 5:31 PM
Absoloutly stunning. Can't wait to try them out.
Test Subject
#131 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 6:06 PM
I love them! You make the best skins!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has died, been cured, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#132 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:19 PM
Thank you everyone; I'm thrilled the skins are so well liked :]

As for the people having problems with them; I don't know what to do to help you. Most people seem to have no issues with the skin and since I'm not exactly a computer genius, there's not a lot I can do to figure out what's wrong. First of all, I hope you've decompressed the file first – use a program like WinRAR to get them from the .rar archive. Secondly, copy all the files you get into your downloads folder. That's it. They should work. I haven't done anything but paint the skins in Bodyshop, there are no new meshes, nothing alien, nothing weird that ought to cause any kind of problem – they're just skins. If you still have problems, you'll have to ask someone who's tech savvy, because there's nothing else I can do to help.

Also, remember that there might be some problems with the actual downloading – try a few times, some people seem to have to download them several times because they're fairly big files, and then eventually they get them to work.

I've said as much a few times before, as well as in the .txt file at the bottom of my download page, I really can't help you if the files won't work. I have no clue what might be wrong, the only thing I know how to do is how to paint skins, anything more complicated than that and I'm totally clueless.

Best of luck, and thank you everyone once again, your comments are greatly appreciated

Oh, and thanks for the feature :D
Test Subject
#133 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:34 PM
These are so beautiful I wish I could give 6 stars. You have so much talent it's seeping from your pores. Lemme have some... just a little? Awwww.
Awesome work.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 10:22 PM
i love them sooo mucho!
g'job!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 11:14 PM
WOW!!

Thanx so much for sharing this

**No Requests**
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 3:26 PM
great work!
Forum Resident
#137 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 12:29 PM
awesome skin!you did amazing work! Thank you for creating,
Test Subject
#138 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:23 PM
Help?
I've downloaded the skins and moved them to the "Downloads" folder, just like everything else I download, but when I get into the character creation screen it doesn't show up under custom skins. Can someone help me? I tried restarting the game as well as my computer, and even installed the CEP and re-downloaded the files. Nothing is working!

I reeeeeeeallly want these skins to work.
Test Subject
#139 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:35 PM
***ATTENTION:*** If you're having trouble with these skins, I think I may know what the cause is.

With most downloads I just download the file onto my desktop, open the zip folder, and move the packages to the "Downloads" folder under My Documents/EA GAmes/The Sims 2. With this one, however, you need to use a program like WinRAR.

You can download WinRAR for free here: http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html
After it's downloaded, run the .exe file and install it. It took my computer a few seconds.

Now, download Enalaya's files off this page and open them in WinRAR. There should be two files in the list, the eyes and the skin. Move THOSE to the "Downloads" folder, and you're done!

Hope that helps some people. :D
Test Subject
#140 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 2:45 AM
With kind thanks to Enayla for permission these skins (and almost all of her others) have been made genetic (non-dominant, fitting into the darkness range just like the 'normal' EA skins) by me over at The Sims 2 Workshop http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?p=10290

I'm sorry I couldn't post them here at MTS2 but the moderators here refused to read my permission email

Private Sim @ Mod The Sims 2
Merlin's Nemesis @ The Sims 2 Workshop
Madame Mim @ More Awesome Than You (and in the newsgroups)
My Project To Geneticise Enayla's Skins
Instructor
#141 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 4:07 AM
Astounding pictures. Looking forward to seeing the skins in game though I doubt they will look as good for me as they do in the pics. With my low end graphic card, nothing ever does.

What graphic card do you use? It must be an awesome one. I need to get a new one and would love to get one that gives the results you have.

Question about how you get your pics: Do you get the backgrounds in game also? If so, how do you achieve the lighting? If not ingame how do you do them? I'm not asking for a tutorial, lol, just a sentence or two.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 10:00 AM
You are the BEST skin maker ever!!

See my art here.
Test Subject
#143 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 4:05 PM
absolutely stunning.

Well done!
Field Researcher
#144 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 11:18 AM
Fabulous, as usual!! Your attention to detail is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

"I feel better than a nice tub of good things"- Freakazoid!

Click here to play the most infectious online game ever. You'll never be the same. . . .
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:15 PM
i'm speechless. i mean like, how man? bah nevermind, you rock and so do your skins. thank you! they are all amazing!! :lovestruc

"old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, 'you're next.' they stopped after i started doing the same thing to them at funerals."
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:03 PM
Default Beautiful
Your skins are always so georgeous I downloaded these a few days ago but I'm glad they finally featured them!
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 2:01 AM
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you!

"Splaglio, Jagoof?"
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 6:29 AM
Beautiful as always ^_^ your skintones are breathtaking.

Dare to be loony - Visit my site - Cause sane sims just aren't fun..
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 9:36 AM
Waoh!!!!!!!!! It is the most beautifull work that I have ever seen! You are an artist, thank's to share with everybody.Bravo.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 7:20 AM
Wow, these are amazing!! Thank you so much.....they are so beautiful!
Page 6 of 9