Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 5:07 AM
Default Does Sims 2: Ultimate Collection have every expansion and stuff pack?
I was wondering if it has the Ikea stuff pack.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 5:08 AM
Yes, all EPs and SPs, patched.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 5:09 AM
It does, including the mini Holiday SPs.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 12:44 AM
Yes also is the most compatible with Windows 10
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
Yes also is the most compatible with Windows 10

How so?
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
How so?

I think there was small update for UC in 2019 or 2018 which was supposed to do that.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 5:39 PM
UC does work quite well with Windows 10; there was some updates; one in particular made it easier for Wndows 10 to read the longer names of files in your cc.
I remember at the time looking at the game after the update and could not notice any difference - until I wanted to buy a new bed, and my buy catalog had some beds in that never showed before.
Securom has also been removed from the UC.

I started using the UC when it came out on Win 7 (I happened to break my BG disk shortly before that) and moved it over to Win 10 when Win 10 came out. No regrets

You will probably have to change the graphic card, though - but I don't think that is limited to Windows 10.
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:08 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 25th Jan 2020 at 8:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
How so?

With the latest patch EA got rid of the (finally) pesky copy protection which was delivered (not for everybody, though) with the copy of the game and did not work well, or not at all with the Win10. This patch has made Win10 victims' life much easier obviously.
However they also infected the executable with mandatory Origin service. Just one trojan replaced by another. But if you're happy W10 user, you probably do not care anyway.

"there is always good time to screw our customers".

//EDIT: my wonderful grammar

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Alchemist
#9 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
It does, including the mini Holiday SPs.

Although some of the holiday outfits are missing, but there is a fix.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 5:03 PM
Is there anywhere you can get that now? I've been using my old cd-roms and no cd cracks for years and they worked until I got my current pc. They refuse to work on this one and it's driving me crazy. I was also wondering if I'll be able to use the Sims 2 folder from my documents with the UC. How do I keep my neighborhoods, sims, etc?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 5:11 PM
Fokusia, not sure about how to get the UC, but for the files you should be able to swap the contents in the The Sims 2 folder in Documents from your old game to the same folder in the UC game (delete/remove files after installing the game, then copy over yours - don't let them overwrite!). Basically how you'd restore a backup.

I did have some issues with this, but I think it's just a matter of me having a somewhat borked neighborhood that worked fine on one computer but refuses to work on all others (lots crash when I try to visit them). Could even be CC-related (I did some Downloads folder sorting before the UC install). In theory it should work fine without any issues.
Alchemist
#12 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fouksia
Is there anywhere you can get that now? I've been using my old cd-roms and no cd cracks for years and they worked until I got my current pc. They refuse to work on this one and it's driving me crazy. I was also wondering if I'll be able to use the Sims 2 folder from my documents with the UC. How do I keep my neighborhoods, sims, etc?

You cannot legally get UC anymore. EA doesn't sell it, and they stopped giving it away for free about a year ago.