Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 12:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Would TS2 run better if Windows 7 is installed as Dual Boot on a Win 10 laptop?
I've read here and there that TS2 is less crash-prone when run on (older) Win7 computers with good graphics. So I wonder, would this also apply if TS2 is run on Win7 through a Dual Boot on a Win10 laptop? I don't have Dual Boot installed, but I may or may not still have a Win7 CD somewhere.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 5:48 PM
Maybe? From personal experience I can say that the game has run well for me on Windows 10 since 2017 and, more recently, on Windows 11 since it came out. I would recommend trying to fix the game if possible on Windows 10, before you go to Windows 7, because there are hardware issues with TS2, not just OS-related things.
Instructor
#3 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 6:07 PM
I have that setup and it works wonders for me. I was able to disable the internet on win 7 and i can use win 10 to download CC for my game which is basically all i use 10 for. Ive also never had to use graphic rules on my game and i have had no problems installing the all the disks for it.