Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 7:07 PM
Default Is there a way to see file names of clothes in CAS? Can"t get bodyshopto open
Like the title says I can't get bodyshopto open. It either crashes or gives the message that a version of the sims is already running so I was wondering if there was a way to see file names of clothes in the game
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 8:13 PM
Sort of. If you turn boolprop on in neighbourhood view and load CAS, hitting Shift+N will get you in debug mode and then, if you hover over an item you'll see extra info, including tooltips. Most of the time, tooltips will be blank or useless, maybe they'll have the creator name if you're lucky. But! Cat's Tooltip Adder is a program that will make a filename the tooltip, so when you hover over a thing in CAS, it'll tell you the name, yay!

However, if I were you, I'd also want to sort out that Bodyshop problem, first by removing all the CC, deleting the cache files, and seeing if that fixes it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 8:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Apr 2022 at 8:33 PM.
Make sure you're running the right version of Bodyshop. You'll want the latest version, so if you have M&G, use the one that comes with that pack, and if you don't, use the one that comes with the latest EP you have (AL, according to your installed packs above?)

Also make sure you're not running the game, SimPE, Homecrafter, or any other sims programs in the background, since they're accessing the same files. That's usually when you get that message.

(You can run SimPE and Bodyshop/Homecrafter at the same time, as long as you open SimPE first. There's a few things you can't do in SimPE while Bodyshop is open - it lets you edit CC files, but you will get errors for some things that requires access to the game files. Probably a good idea to make sure you CAN open Bodyshop properly first before trying this, though).

Removing the cache files is the first thing you should try. The 4GB patch could be an idea if you're using Windows 10 (helps with stability).

Bad CC could also be an issue, but those usually cause crashes when Bodyshop is trying to either load the thumbnail or applying it to the sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 9:24 PM Last edited by medieval_simmer : 7th Apr 2022 at 10:04 PM.
I am running the right version and I have cleared the cache. The only thing I am running at the same time is I have Origin open in the background. Could that be it? The exact message I get is please make sure The sims 2 and any of its tools are not running before starting the application. Is it not OK to have the downloads folder open whilst loading it? I just took out my downloads folder and got the same message
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2022 at 10:26 PM
Could be Origin (but I doubt it - doesn't hurt to try without, though). Have you tested to see if Bodyshop works without it running?

You can have the Downloads folder up, that one doesn't influence Bodyshop.

You can check Task Manager to see if you can find anything running there. First close down anything Sims-related, then check in Task Manager if anything is still running.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 6:34 AM
I have done all of these things and still not working
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 7:29 PM
Forgive me if this is something you've already tried, but have you restarted your computer at all recently?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 10:12 PM
^ Probably a good idea (and maybe also a restart, and not just a shutdown/reboot. A restart clears away some extra junk that a regular shutdown doesn't do).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Sort of. If you turn boolprop on in neighbourhood view and load CAS, hitting Shift+N will get you in debug mode and then, if you hover over an item you'll see extra info, including tooltips. Most of the time, tooltips will be blank or useless, maybe they'll have the creator name if you're lucky. But! Cat's Tooltip Adder is a program that will make a filename the tooltip, so when you hover over a thing in CAS, it'll tell you the name, yay!

However, if I were you, I'd also want to sort out that Bodyshop problem, first by removing all the CC, deleting the cache files, and seeing if that fixes it.

How do you get her tooltip program to work? When I tried to download it I had a message saying there was something wrong with the file and I allowed it to download but when I open it, there is no way to add files to it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 3:36 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Apr 2022 at 3:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How do you get her tooltip program to work? When I tried to download it I had a message saying there was something wrong with the file and I allowed it to download but when I open it, there is no way to add files to it.

Click the "choose files" button, and find the folder you want to add files from (I usually copy the folder location and paste it in, that's often faster than looking it up).

There's three different choices for what to change the tooltips to. If there already are tooltips in the files but you want to change them, there's a tick box you can tick that will change the tooltips anyway ("Change existing tooltips").

If it still doesn't work, what kind of files are you trying to change? The program will only change tooltips for TS2 CAS recolors, and ignores any other files.

Do you see the same screen as shown on the download page (but perhaps with different buttons greyed out)?

(that one --v )
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 2:48 PM Last edited by medieval_simmer : 9th Apr 2022 at 3:29 PM.
I have also restarted my computer but it doesn't help
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 3:32 PM
Have you done any setup with your game to make it recognize your graphic card/chip, for instance with the GraphicRules? If you have, but didn't do the same to Bodyshop, it's possible that's what's needed. Another long shot, but sometimes the game works in weird ways...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Could be that your antivirus is eating part of it, try turning it off just to download and open the file (there's honesty nothing wrong with it) and see if that helps. Don't forget to turn the antivirus back on afterwards.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 5:35 AM
No, I haven't will do that and report back
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 11:19 AM
So I tried applying the fixes with the Graphics rules maker and it works now. Thanks everyone