Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2022 at 10:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Unable to Run The Sims 2 Without Crashing
Hello! So this is going to be long so I can describe everything I have done.

I was gifted sims 2 discs. Here are the discs I have:
Double Deluxe, University, Pets, Seasons, H&M, and Apartment Life.

I first started with installing double deluxe alone and I was able to load in and get into CAS but eventually crashed. So I knew about some trouble shooting that needed to be done but I decided to install all of the games first and then troubleshoot.

I installed in pack order as well, in case that mattered. I tried installing the 4GB patch to the Apartment Life (because its the latest pack I have) but no matter what pack I selected (I tried on every pack installer), I always was unable to get 4GB patch installed (I looked at the config logs to see if it had been properly installed but wasn't.) I am crashing in a variety of ways depending on how I troubleshoot, mostly being when I click on a world to play on and it either gets stuck on that loading screen after a few minutes, or crashes on that loading screen and takes me to my desktop after a few minutes.

I installed patches for each game pack that had a patch but even though Apartment Life was considered the latest pack, the game told me there was a later pack installed. I also noticed when trying to install the patch for University, it wasnt telling me "patch installed", it would just display the University logo for a bit and then be gone (I could end up continuing to "patch" University without being told it was up to date unlike the other packs that would say "game is up-to-date"). (I couldnt download the Nightlife patch because it wasnt reading Double Deluxe as being Nightlife alone)

I've tried moving my installer of Apartment Life that I patched with the 4GB patch to my CSBin from the TSBin but still nothing.

I dont know if I am install the 4GB patch to the wrong pack (since of Double Deluxe) or whats going on. If someone can give me some things to do, that would be appreciated as I really want to play! Im willing to reinstall if someone can give me a step by step on what to do as I cant seem to find a solution that directly relates to people with TSM2:DD, I think that might be why I am having trouble. Let me know if theres any other questions that I can answer to help!
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxedoutkim
Hello! So this is going to be long so I can describe everything I have done.

I was gifted sims 2 discs. Here are the discs I have:
Double Deluxe, University, Pets, Seasons, H&M, and Apartment Life.

I first started with installing double deluxe alone and I was able to load in and get into CAS but eventually crashed. So I knew about some trouble shooting that needed to be done but I decided to install all of the games first and then troubleshoot.

I installed in pack order as well, in case that mattered. I tried installing the 4GB patch to the Apartment Life (because its the latest pack I have) but no matter what pack I selected (I tried on every pack installer), I always was unable to get 4GB patch installed (I looked at the config logs to see if it had been properly installed but wasn't.) I am crashing in a variety of ways depending on how I troubleshoot, mostly being when I click on a world to play on and it either gets stuck on that loading screen after a few minutes, or crashes on that loading screen and takes me to my desktop after a few minutes.

I installed patches for each game pack that had a patch but even though Apartment Life was considered the latest pack, the game told me there was a later pack installed. I also noticed when trying to install the patch for University, it wasnt telling me "patch installed", it would just display the University logo for a bit and then be gone (I could end up continuing to "patch" University without being told it was up to date unlike the other packs that would say "game is up-to-date"). (I couldnt download the Nightlife patch because it wasnt reading Double Deluxe as being Nightlife alone)

I've tried moving my installer of Apartment Life that I patched with the 4GB patch to my CSBin from the TSBin but still nothing.

I dont know if I am install the 4GB patch to the wrong pack (since of Double Deluxe) or whats going on. If someone can give me some things to do, that would be appreciated as I really want to play! Im willing to reinstall if someone can give me a step by step on what to do as I cant seem to find a solution that directly relates to people with TSM2:DD, I think that might be why I am having trouble. Let me know if theres any other questions that I can answer to help!

First, I need to know if you have compatibility settings turning on. If you do, turn them off. Second, do you have GraphicsRuleMaker?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 2:27 AM
Are you able to open the game and play in whatever condition it is in now (crashes or no crashes)?

The 4GB patch should be applied to the "sims2EP8.EXE" file in your case. Don't start patching with this one until all the games and game patches are successfully installed. You don't need to do the 4GB patch on the other EXE files. Also make sure you're not starting your game from the launcher file, but from the EXE file.

If you're having difficulties installing either EPs/SPs or patches, try the Grumpy Loader: https://modthesims.info/t/500523 (how-to)