Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 3:11 PM
Default Legacy Heir
Hi! I'm sorry if there's already and thread like this but I was wondering when you play a legacy, how do you guys pick your heir?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 3:34 PM
I haven't played a legacy in a hot minute (though I've been meaning to lately, just having made my founder lol) and usually I pick heirs differently every time. Sometimes, I do a roll of the dice and that's who ends up being the heir. Others, I just pick my favorite, or I go by the youngest or oldest child ends up carrying on the family line. It all depends on the vibe I get from that legacy I guess.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 7:19 PM
Whichever child I like best becomes heir. If I can't choose between kids by the time the oldest becomes an adult/goes off to college, the youngest becomes heir by default.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 9:53 PM
I'm never consequent with how I pick the heirs - die rolls, oldest/youngest, my favourites, all depending on what I feel like at the moment. But I think in most of my legacies it came down to the story in the end. What the family were doing at the moment, what was happening around them, is probably what always affected my choice the most, even to the point that I would ignore what the dice said. It simply had to be the right personality in the right place and time.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 10:25 PM
It's likely that the youngest child of each Pleasantview Epic Challenge couple is likley to become hier to their family farm and that can also be their only child if they only had one child.This challenge is like a legacy for an entire town starting with the first colonial settlers arriving at the turn of the 17th century and continues on into the 21st century.The heirs of the playable townies don't matter as much as with legacy families as they ar to mostly fill in the background even though I play them like the other families with a little less care and less planning.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 12:09 AM
I've never really played a legacy, but I think I'd go with a rule of simple primogeniture (regardless of sex). The Capp family in Veronaville, in keeping with their matrilineal tradition, have a rule of female primogeniture, which is more or less the mirror image of the rule of male primogeniture practised by the British Royal Family until very recently. This is important as, in my game, Veronaville is a Grand Duchy and the Grand Duchess (currently Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp) is head of state. In theory Tybalt could inherit, but only if Juliette and Hermia both died without issue.

Of course it's all just a bit academic, as no Sim has died yet in my game. I like my Sims alive!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#7 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:30 AM
I never really did a Legacy in Sims 2, since I usually play multiple families, but I tried doing one in Sims 4 (I got to the 6th generation, I think) and there I simply made the oldest child that had the same gender as the founder the heir.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 4:57 AM
I haven't played the legacy challenge since 2009 but I still often have a family home to pass down. I do each one individually. Which child would like the home? Any? For the legacy challenge itself a lot of people would run an heir pole and let others vote, that was always fun. Or roll a dice and take whoever rolls up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 9:20 AM
I played one in sims 4 taking advantage of each expansion until I left the game years ago, I think I reached the fourth generation. In the sims 2 I play with all the families that the neighborhood has and I still haven't managed to get very far... I hope to do it soon. But now that I remember, when I was little I made a legacy and posted it on a forum.

About how I choose the heir... It depends, in some I prefer men and in others women, and sometimes I make an exception and change, I guess I focus on the most successful sim (or less), or on the one that has genetics that I want for the family.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 10:04 PM
I don't play legacies a lot but I just pick whoever looks fun to play . If you want a bigger challenge, you could come up with a rule, based on birth order or rolling a die, and stick to it.