Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 4:27 PM
Default Simple jacket for simple guys - need feedback cause I'm a noob
First of all, I'm a total noob as far as meshing and textures are concerned. I need a lot of encouragement and feedback on my little [c]latest project[/c] project I started in 2017. I never uploaded it for a variety of reasons, mainly because I believe it's not good enough, so I need your expertise.

This is basically a retexture of one of EA meshes. I'm not sure if the textures are good enough or need any tweaking. I think the mesh is ok, but if anyone found out how to improve it, I'd be grateful.

Meet Jacek. He is a simple guy, so he usually wears a simple JACEKt. He likes being simple and so does his JACEKt.

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 9:19 PM
It looks pretty good to me. I see one really tiny "gap" or aberration on the back right collar. If that portion of the uv is curved, it might just be that you need to add a tiny bit extra on your texture at that edge? I mean it's very small thing and barely noticeable.

Beyond that, one thing I like to do is test it with white (not 255,255,255, but slightly off-white) just to make sure it is neither "blinding white" and loses all the details and is doesn't look grey. Also check that the overall color of the jacket matches the color you picked in the preset. All too often I see otherwise beautiful clothing that you have to pick a color that is WAY darker (or lighter) than you want before the item actually looks the right color. That is a sign that your multiplier is either too dark/light overall.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)