Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@thefaerie No, the site for SimPE is gone, and the database with it. There is still an attempt to keep track of things though- see this thread, and post there when you claim a block.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392

Thanks for the clarification!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 7:45 PM
Default Error when installing SimPe 0.75.69.32
Hello! Sorry to revive a thread that hasn't had a reply in a fair while, but I have a new laptop, running Windows 10, just installed The Sims 2 UC, and ran into a problem installing SimPE from this thread (thanks, by the way, for keeping this resource up!)

I tried to install SimPE 0.75.69.32 and it gave the following error: "0011\F7\simpe.scenegraph.resources.dll. There was a problem installing this file. The installation will be cancelled.
I've attached a screenshot:

I got the same error 7 times in a row; the files don't get deleted at the end of the install, either.
I get the same error with SimPE 0.75.68.

I'm now running SimPE 0.72.01c, with the a manual install of all the UC paths, and it works just fine, but I don't know if anyone else has experienced the same issue and can tell me what I've done wrong?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#128 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 12:01 AM
For anyone having the issue above, try the non-installer version.
Archived versions for anyone who doesn't want the naked lady on the settings panel:
75.68.21 Non-installer
75.68.21 Installer
75.69.17 Non-installer
75.69.17 Installer
Inventor
#129 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 2:57 PM
@Fayriesakura I had exactly this problem too!
Test Subject
#130 Old 13th Feb 2022 at 9:10 PM
Thanks @simsample for the reply!
I eventually managed to fix the problem by installing SimPE 0.72.01c, and then copy/pasting the non-installer files over it. I do have the naked ladies on the panels, that was quite a surprise :')

I hope that works for you too, @Softlism!
Inventor
#131 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 8:12 PM
@simsample I've downloaded the non-installer of 75.68.21, but it doesn't include the Ident plug-in, which I would like to have for creating CC recolors. But which link includes version 75.69.32? And where can I find Chris Hatch' version of HoodChecker? (I can live with the NSFW artwork)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#132 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 9:24 PM
@Softlism This is the link for 75.69.32 although the source code is an older version by the look of it:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/
No idea about Hood Checker sorry- I didn't even know he did a version!
Test Subject
#133 Old 20th May 2022 at 10:18 PM
Is this a good thread to chat about the preservation of the guid database
Mad Poster
#134 Old 20th May 2022 at 10:28 PM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#135 Old 20th May 2022 at 10:58 PM
Test Subject
#136 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 7:32 AM Last edited by int21h : 14th Oct 2022 at 7:45 AM.
This may be not the right place to post because I've choosed another way to investigate. My initial plan was to make a sim tracker like based on game files, you save your game, launch a program that analyse your hood and adjust your "progression". In order to achieve this goal, I've built some pieces of code in C++, why C++, simply because it is my best mastered language. I already have a piece of framework, far (less) from that SimPE can do. It can handle any package file in read mode (write mode is very experimental), I've developped ressources handlers (in read mode) for several resssources (Thanks to many contributors, from here and elsewere), mainly these was intersting to my goal. The whole source code is written in C/C++ using Qt and boost C++ libraries. If you're interested, let me know (My code is for "my eyes only' it must be cleaned) .

PS: For Mac users, my code is written in C++ in a strict normative conforming way (C++17, I guess) , that means that you could compile my programs, and they could work. I can't give any warranty that it is true, because I've no Mac to test, but the compiler and the framwork, I use are said to be Mac compatible, so if it works on Windows, it could work on Mac...
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 4:07 PM
How can I tweak the settings interface?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#138 Old 28th May 2023 at 7:37 AM
Sooo uh.... why "SettingManager.exe" has a woman in lusty poses?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#139 Old 28th May 2023 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rain671
Sooo uh.... why "SettingManager.exe" has a woman in lusty poses?

Because the person updating the program chose to put it there.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 28th May 2023 at 1:22 PM
@Burinis and @Rain671 - Scroll up the page a bit to reply #128

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#141 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 11:25 PM
There is a problem with new version 0.77.69.7. Sims Surgery Tool looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/WOyyUPq.png
"Export" button doesn't work, so you just can't export the Sim. Does anyone have a contact for Chris Hatch to let him know about this?
And if anyone needed, here is version 0.77.69.3 which doesn't have this issue:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/42yf..._77_69.rar/file
Test Subject
#142 Old 1st Aug 2023 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenna9
There is a problem with new version 0.77.69.7. Sims Surgery Tool looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/WOyyUPq.png
"Export" button doesn't work, so you just can't export the Sim. Does anyone have a contact for Chris Hatch to let him know about this?
And if anyone needed, here is version 0.77.69.3 which doesn't have this issue:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/42yf..._77_69.rar/file

Where is version 0.77.69.7? I can't find it so I'm not able to compare.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 1st Aug 2023 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M*A*R*I*N*A
Where is version 0.77.69.7? I can't find it so I'm not able to compare.

Link is on the first page of the thread.
https://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/
Link Ninja
#144 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 4:50 AM
It's been brought to my attention the DDS Utilities link is no longer working correctly, it will go to the page but the download won't download. You can get this in the Internet Archive .

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#145 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For anyone having the issue above, try the non-installer version.
Archived versions for anyone who doesn't want the naked lady on the settings panel:
75.68.21 Non-installer
75.68.21 Installer
75.69.17 Non-installer
75.69.17 Installer

Are there any other differences besides the interesting addition to the settings panel? (I actually spat my drink because it wasn't expected.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#146 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 8:30 PM
Yes, but I don't think they are documented. I remember @HugeLunatic mentioning that there was something with content creation that couldn't be done in some versions.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#147 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 8:42 PM
Yea some of the newer versions have been enhanced. For sure the bhav function editor, but I think also updates for sim and hood editing.

For me I use either 73.44 or 75.69, but mostly the latter. And the latter does not have the pinup ladies. And I always use the no install and the install version doesn't read file paths correctly and just gets absent minded while you are trying to use it.
Inventor
#148 Old 12th Aug 2023 at 8:49 PM
What has been enhanced in the bhav editor? They rearranged the Special Buttons against muscle memory, such that when I want to press Insert via False, I press InitLinker instead and all flow gets erased.

I use 0.66 that I had for ages when I don't need compatibility with Apartments. It starts faster without loading so much stuff on startup. Often I need 2 or 3 copies open for comparison, and the loading time kills me.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 21st Aug 2023 at 6:09 PM
I'm having issues with 0.75 being unable to generate functional labels for a BCON (see picture below). Is that something someone has had and been able to fix? I still have 0.72 and I was able to generate them there, but it is kind of tedious to need to swap SimPE version in the middle of making something. I read the post by simmer22 mentioning UI issues, but like HL I do not quite understand what UI files she's referring to copying over so I'm not sure what to do with the information, and searching the thread I found nothing about BCONs, TRCNs or labels. Fingers crossed someone knows a solution
Screenshots

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#150 Old 21st Aug 2023 at 6:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Aug 2023 at 3:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm having issues with 0.75 being unable to generate functional labels for a BCON (see picture below). Is that something someone has had and been able to fix? I still have 0.72 and I was able to generate them there, but it is kind of tedious to need to swap SimPE version in the middle of making something. I read the post by simmer22 mentioning UI issues, but like HL I do not quite understand what UI files she's referring to copying over so I'm not sure what to do with the information, and searching the thread I found nothing about BCONs, TRCNs or labels. Fingers crossed someone knows a solution

I honestly don't remember - It's been 3-4 years since I messed around with the installation. I installed the 0.75f version (after installing the UC) after I had issues with the 0.73 version (which I'd been using with my CD version of the game) not recognizing the game paths at all. I vaguely remembered trying a bunch of stuff, and I think it was suggested to me to copy over the 0.73 UI files, which did work for some people. I can't remember if it did anything at all for me, or if I'd already installed the 0.75f version by then. I'm not sure which files, but I'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to find out for someone who is a little bit more familiar with the SimPE build than I am.

I can't remember if I had any other issues than the game paths at the time.

0.75f frequently has issues with the windows undocking or disappearing, and they really don't like being moved around, so I've just had to accept them being in stupid places. Click or drag the windows the "wrong" way, or simply accidentally click the wrong place, and suddenly everything just goes all wonky. I've become very familiar with the reset button...

(It seems worse than 0.73, which had the windows in more normal places - right now I've got the Resource Tree, Resource List and Object Workshop, plus Resource Actions and Filter Actions as tabs that also open up there if clicked on, all squeezed into the top window, instead of having the two first ones at the top, and everything neatly opening up in the Plugn View at the bottom when they're needed, like they used to in 0.73. It's infuriating at best... I've tried to move things around, but usually things just undock and/or refuse to go into the place I want them, or I end up with a completely white window that doesn't work, and I have to restart, only to find the Resource View has disappeared into a white void, which means it needs another reset back to the awful basic nightmare . I've learned to keep a backup of the UI files, just in case something gets completely messed up, or something crashes, because I've had a few cases where things went absolutely out of hand...).
Page 6 of 9