Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired
retired moderator
#26 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:45 PM
I want more than JUST pets in such an expansion. I want some fauna, even if you can't interact with them. Some bunny and deer spawners in CAW or something, so that animals appear in the world occasionally, wander about, and disappear.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:49 PM
Rabbits bouncing around town I'd have no issue with.

Owning htem just seems complicated and out of place, though. I also want the skunks back!
#28 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 8:55 PM
And Clair the Bear! I miss how she'd tip toe, mess with the trashcan and leave a mess...oh wait, I don't like that bit. But yeah, I miss the bear.
Theorist
#29 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:02 AM
I completely forgot about Claire the Bear! She was pretty funny...heck, I miss pretty much all the NPCs from The Sims 1!

Anyway, I'd want womrats, birds (you could have multiple small birds in one cage this time), turtles, lizards, and rabbits. Having the penguin as a pet would be cute, but it would only work if seasons were brought back in the same expansion. I agree about skunks being brought back too, a bit of urban wildlife would make the seamless neighborhood feel more alive.

About the aquarium, we're already getting one with High-End Loft Stuff. Maybe with a pets expansion they could include a really huge one? Judging from the High-End Loft Stuff trailer I think that aquarium holds around 5-10 fish.
Instructor
#30 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:13 AM
You, the open world of TS3 would be a perfect opportunity to implement wildlife spawners. Now, EA would probably mess something up and you'd have deer and bears parading through downtown Sunset Valley instead of mostly staying in the forest and wandering into the outskirts of town only occasioanlly...

And, of course, since it is a Sims game, Llamas should be included as wildlife. And they could add special animals in different vacation destinations, like Pandas in China, Camels in Egypt, and... ummm... well, France is known for food, not wildlife.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 8:51 AM
GutterQueen:

Also turtles next to eet. never had them to my memory. That little aquarium always took up the decoration space i could be using on my desk/counters/bedside tables/cross the unnecessary >_>

Astrognash: at France and bears in Sunset Valley. I guess France is famous for its frogs. In form of legs. Maybe they can have a giant frog swim in the river. Beautiful carriages and street cats come to mind when I think of France. maybe a horse carriage could be used as public transportation when in France? After all, it is country side to my understanding, so horse carriages will be very appropriate or a little cat running around in a beret seducing women would be pretty cute too :3
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 10:41 AM
I would like if we could take pets to pet show like we did in sims 1 - i didnt really like the pet jobs from sims 2.
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:07 PM
Default Fantasy
I love the cats and dogs. I'd like some fantasy animals though, unicorns,gryphons and dragons. I like the idea someone had for a zoo also. It could be a job and education
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:13 PM
KyleTheArtist, wow that brings back memories... O_O I forgot there were turtles and a lizard cage!

Personally I'd be happy with just basics, but oh man it'd be awesome if they added reptiles to the game, in the same form as fish/insects. Was talking to my fiance about the game and he said he'd love a terrarium you could design, for bugs or reptiles, in the same fashion as the aquarium (as in the High End Loft one!) I had to agree. I'd love a big, walk-in aviary for finches too.
Theorist
#35 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:13 PM
Pets won't cut it this time! It needs an Animals EP!
The community fully expects pigs, cows, horses, geese, bears and lizards this time too.
And tractors while we're at it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#36 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:35 PM Last edited by suzetter : 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:38 PM. Reason: include quote
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I completely forgot about Claire the Bear! She was pretty funny...heck, I miss pretty much all the NPCs from The Sims 1!

TS1 NPCs were the most entertaining of the entire sims series.

I'd like to see dogs and cats but no strays (too depressing) and no puppy mill vocation type wishes like raise 20/50 puppies/kittens.

For a new type of pet, a sim monkey would be cute and their behavior conducive to many humorous animations. (And they should have a wardrobe. LOL)

For a more exotic mixture of animals a sim zoo might be interesting.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Rabbits bouncing around town I'd have no issue with.

Owning htem just seems complicated and out of place, though. I also want the skunks back!

Why? I have a pet rabbit.
I'd imagine in the Sims rabbits would be kinda like womrats.

I agree about the skunks, though..!
Instructor
#38 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM
Bats .. birds .. or small dragons
Flies with you where ever you go ..
like in the pictures

.. and to be more realistic .. animated .. and has it own
interactions ..
that would be so cool *o*

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:28 AM
I want my Newfoundlands... maybe they can make them just as annoying and attention hungry as they are in real life too.

In all reality, I wouldn't mind the basics, cats, dogs, birds, but I'd like them to be less maintenance.

Maybe if we want farm animals and that... make a whole farm ep, with expanded gardening and all.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:51 AM
Sugar gliders.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Field Researcher
#41 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Pets won't cut it this time! It needs an Animals EP!
The community fully expects pigs, cows, horses, geese, bears and lizards this time too.
And tractors while we're at it.

Yes! Farm!

But mainly, I think we need HORSES!!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
Sugar gliders.
Aw cute!

If they do a Pets EP then I would still obviously want dogs and cats, but would like to have better interactions with them, such as being able to take your sims' dog for a walk around the NH.

Also, whereas in TS2 we had lots of different breeds of dog and cat, with the other animals it was just 'wormrat' or 'parrot'. I think it would be good to have different types of bird or furries, like canaries, rabbits, guinea pigs etc.

I like the ideas about having less-conventional pets too. Amphibians, reptiles and insects would be funny. I also think it would be cool to have farmyard animals, especially for NHs like Riverview that are meant to be farming communities. A zoo would be great, even if you couldn't really interact with the animals much it would still be nice to be able to go and spend the day there, so long as it wouldn't be a rabbit hole.
Inventor
#43 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 9:46 PM
besides dogs and cats, farm animals would be awesome! I'd love to be able to have a real farm with horses and cows! :D

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Scholar
#44 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:44 PM
Horses would be cool if the sims could ride them.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:50 PM
I'd like farm animals too aslong as they didn't take too much time. Fauna spawners sounds great too but I wonder how they would go about that because while deer and rabbits would fit in to some locations in Australia they are feral pests and we are more likely to see a wallaby or possum, or a wombat would be cool he would bulldozer his way into your house and cause mayhem and distruction them go back to his burrow.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 11:07 PM
I have turtles, lizards, and frogs. They're awesome pets to add to the game (along with dogs & cats)...birds and critters would be good too :D

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Field Researcher
#47 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:28 AM
We already know cats and dogs are gonna be in it.It would be nice if horses and rabbits are added in aswell.
Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
But if I could pick any animal, I'd pick sheep.

I would also like a sheep for my single hopeless romantic Scots sim. :D
Field Researcher
#49 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Horses would be cool if the sims could ride them.

Yes, that would be awesome! They could be like another form of transportation :D
Instructor
#50 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 3:56 AM
Well seeing as it's a seamless world and bears apparently live in the catacombs of the graveyard, I'd think they could have bears and deer in the woods. They are more of a element of the game like the trees and birds. The bear could maybe eat out of the picnic basket if left unattended and the deer could graze on your gardens.
As for farm animals- they could be similar to the bear and deer, you'd have to have them in a fence or they could run amok and eat gardens and possibly scare the paranoid sims. They would have little interaction- harvest milk/wool from the cows, llama, and sheep, eggs from chickens. They all would be done in a pet friendly manner, much like the fishing and the cow plant from Sims 2 was done.
I love Pets from TS2, I liked how they kept things interesting. However I run my games with real life in mind, where you do have crazy dogs run into your yard and dig holes or growl at you. I always allowed the pets to sleep on the beds and counters and just run rampant. As for the little caged animals, I'd like to see ferretts, bunnies, hamsters and even some lizards. They all could have specific cages and foods that you could farm for or buy from the grocery. If you farmed for the food, it gave them added abilities like tricks, clean buff (keeps their cage clean longer) or even some that were debuffs of similar ideas. The terarium for the frogs and crocs is a awesome idea, and I hope we get one.
Page 2 of 10