Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#151 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
I'll accept animals, only if we can CAS them, and have spotted (I typed spooted xD), lime green cats, and rainbow puppies.

And breasts sliders.
Advertisement
Banned
#152 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 10:20 PM
Stfu about woohooing and tits already. Cripes.
Test Subject
#153 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modswat
I think having a ranch/farm would be awesome!
I miss my pets from TS1 and TS2!
I dont think we should have mystical creatures though...
Sims is supposed to be life like right?

modswat

dunno about life like, i mean, there are gnomes running about...
Theorist
#154 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 10:37 PM
I'll accept animals, only if we can CAS them, and have spotted (I typed spooted xD), lime green cats, and rainbow puppies.

I agree I would love to CAS my pets..
Have the basic sliders, such as nose, eyes, mouth, whiskers (if dog or cat) etc...I hope we can do height on them too or have breeds because I would want a tiny short cat and a super big dog. Maybe they can have ages as well, Toddler, Child, Adult, Young Adult, Senior but in like pet form I guess. Maybe there could be clothes for them as well And you could change the type of hair hey have according to breed.. So many endless options..I hope we can train them, take them on walks, feed them and see them eat, potty train them as well. :P
#155 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 10:53 PM
Stfu about woohooing and tits already. Cripes.

Would you rather discuss shiny white behinds?
Theorist
#156 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WoohooAndTheCity
Would you rather discuss shiny white behinds?
Are you that low and lonely that you need to see pixilated animals woohoo? And see a detailed behind? And breast? That's sick dude..
Inventor
#157 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 11:39 PM
Stop arguring (even though i'm enjoying reading it )

I really don't like pets in the sims,its not as fun as in real life...Plus in sims 2 pets,even though you treat the pets good they rip up,pee and sleep on your sofas .I tried to kill it but an animal person came
Forum Resident
#158 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 1:53 AM
When they do make a pets EP, I hope they draw more inspiration from Unleashed than from Pets. Pet shows, not pet jobs, please.

As for animals themselves, beyond the obvious cats and dogs, I liked how UL offered 2 sizes of birdcage: the big fancy one, and the little classic Tweety-bird-esque one. I really missed the latter in TS2. Hopefully there'd be a big bird cage as well, but nicer-- more like an aviary, and you could have multiple small birds or just one large one inside. And again like UL, I wish there'd be more atypical pets like turtles and snakes-- tarantula was a good idea I saw upthread. Hedgehogs might be cute but too hamster-like for game purposes.

I personally have 0 interest in zoos for Sims or otherwise having exotic wildlife, but I would like to see the more normal wild animals. Fewer strays, more birds and squirrels and raccoons or something. Remember the mice from UL that cats could catch? Things like that. I'm on the fence about farm animals, but I can see how they might be fun. Chickens at least seem like they wouldn't be too complicated. Ooh, ooh, and bring back the bee hives! Beeeeees.

Quote: Originally posted by gabrielorie
Plus in sims 2 pets,even though you treat the pets good they rip up,pee and sleep on your sofas

Sounds just like my real-life pets sometimes.
#159 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Are you that low and lonely that you need to see pixilated animals woohoo? And see a detailed behind? And breast? That's sick dude..

No, I just wanna see you in a French maid outfit.
Test Subject
#160 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 2:07 AM Last edited by jrpthepixie : 20th Sep 2010 at 2:22 AM. Reason: more writing
Instead of sims3 pets it should be sims3 barnyard can grow more plants like corn, wheat, big tractors, barns that type thing then it could sorda be like sims2 past time with people making thier own clothing, i really enjoyed ts2 pets even the dogs running lose reminds me of my nieghborhood and how my own dog (can jump our 5 ft fence and take herself for a walk)
Id love to see horses that you can ride, cows you can milk, dogs that can protect your property or kill the unsepecting chicken, cats that hunt mice, birds that steal your raseberry crop, snakes you can catch or get bite by and hedgehogs to cool (better then gerbils) with realistic attitudes like if the snake excapes the cage say johnny didnt close the lid tight enough and you forget to put the bird away..... well you get the picture. i didnt like the job part much for the cats and dogs unless say your breeding them. also wish they would make bunk beds
Inventor
#161 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 2:45 AM Last edited by gabrielorie : 20th Sep 2010 at 3:33 AM.
@Tempscire

I would like to see small pets like more fishes,turtles,dolphins (one can dream )and other aquatic animals but i don't really like seeing dogs and cats in the game,they seem to everydayish but thats just my opinion

And no offence WoohooAndTheCity but you seem really desperate,mabye you should go on some adult dating website and meet people like you...
Field Researcher
#162 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
When they do make a pets EP, I hope they draw more inspiration from Unleashed than from Pets. Pet shows, not pet jobs, please.

QFT. I loved having pets in TS2, but the pet jobs were teh stoopid. I didn't let any of my pets work. I, mean, seriously?

Quote:
Ooh, ooh, and bring back the bee hives! Beeeeees.

Bees and a beekeeping skill could actually be pretty cool. Especially if the bees sometimes go postal and chase the sims around.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Banned
#163 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 3:39 PM
There should also be an option for the playet to start their own pet store, that ISN'T a rabbit hole. I think that'd be a fairly nice addition. Also, remember The Urbz? At Skyline Beach, the job there was to pack up ferrets, so maybe that could be a mini-side quest, too, but not just with ferrets. Then, people could have moodlets like, saw cute animals at the petstore, or bought a cute new [insert animal name here]. The moodlets could have higher values for littler kids.
#164 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 7:10 PM
There should also be an option for the playet to start their own pet store, that ISN'T a rabbit hole. I think that'd be a fairly nice addition. Also, remember The Urbz? At Skyline Beach, the job there was to pack up ferrets, so maybe that could be a mini-side quest, too, but not just with ferrets. Then, people could have moodlets like, saw cute animals at the petstore, or bought a cute new [insert animal name here]. The moodlets could have higher values for littler kids.

And 2 new traits:

-Likes Animals (gets a positive moodlet when around pets)
-Dislikes Animals (gets a negative moodlet when around pets)

Also, I think Paris Hilton's chihuahua should feature in the EP.
Inventor
#165 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 8:32 PM
Lol @ Paris Hilton's chihuahua
Test Subject
#166 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 11:41 AM
Basics are essentials, of course.
As for playable pets I would love
- cats
- dogs
- parrots

And I really want those breed;
- English bull terrier ( my dog, of course )
- (Eng&Fr)bulldogs/every breed that evolves around the "bull" family.
- Chihuahua for the lols.
- Corgis
- Chow Chow

I could live with the other pets to be just like the hamster in sims 2.
BUT I do want these;
Interactive pets + could get out of their cages/terrariums. Imagine a cute ferret running like mad in the house ahah.
- Snake&Tarantula + We could have Aracnophobia and.. phobia of snakes.
- Ferrets&rabbits&rats awe<3
- turtles/more fishes.
- Iguana

And I want Skunks&Mices&Racoons as indesirable animals that come to your lot and mess with it. Like the Racoon eats in your trashcan, the skunk arosed(dunno the right word for it but you get it) you with the cute little animations with the tail up in the air ^^ and mice's holes.

Animated decor animals if I can say like swan and ducks in ponds, and SQUIRRELS, omg. I just had a mental image of what sism 3 squirrel in the town park would look. So cute. ( sorry, I'm that girly )

Also I would really LOOOOOOVE a shelter. I would build my own urban/poor/grunge one.

I have another idea that could be awesome but I don't think they could include it.
Losing your pet, with the whole new open world, it would sound interesting but if EA add more options aroung the control of pet.. Well you would know where it is. But it would be so cute to add it and your little kids will be sad. You will post it on the computer and posters in community lots.

But I would really not like to have horses. I love real life horses but in the game I think it would just... well sucks. But the Idea of cows and chickens just as animated decor would be cool. M2c.

And they should definitely change the puppy shape. Kittens look almost the same whatever breed it is ( I said ALMOST ) so it doesn'T bother me but puppy ? At least for the most common breeds. A pug puppy and a poodle puppy doesn't look the same so I would really appreciate to be like that in the game.

So I would add those traits to the game too ( I'm sorry if I'm going a little off topic )
Allergic to pets ( and not just not liking them, I really mean being allergic to it )
Phobias of specific pets. I don't care about phobias of dogs and cats but if they add snakes/tarantula THIS IS A NEED.
The rest of my ideas already have been discuss here.

Be kind please, my english sucks.
Forum Resident
#167 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 2:28 PM
I hope they still have jobs for cats and dogs. It was fun in Sims2 having my Sims teach their cats and dogs tricks so they could advance. It was cute seeing them trot off to the car every morning to go to work. Although it was kind of disturbing when they would get out of the car and curl up in the middle of the street to take a nap. Of course, it wasn't exactly like anyone in the Sims games can get hit by cars, but still...

What would be great is having jobs where you have to take you pet with you, like a cop in the K9 unit, or nurse who uses cats to cheer up patients. Or a cop who patrols on a horse. Or a sidekick for an evil boss who likes fluffy white cats... or hairless cats....

There is something in code about a rodent infestation. I'm pretty sure I've seen it while poking around to do tuning files. I wonder if this could have something to do cats? Nothing happens when you turn it on so its disabled somewhere else in the code. So maybe they're planning on adding a rodent infestation that will require you to call a rat catcher (could be a cat or a dog.) Knowing EA they would have the pet catch the rodent, hand it over to a human who puts it in a small cage and then releases into the countryside for a good "humane to animals" moodlet.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 4:09 PM
i think rather than just having a pets EP, they could have a life on the land ep and throw pets in that way.

horses, pigs, sheep, cows, chickens.
cats, dogs, rabbits, mice, birds, lizards, snakes, pet rocks.

i dunno. i always feel like something is missing when i create sims and i can't add a pet to the family.
Top Secret Researcher
#169 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 4:30 PM
I'd love to see the pet shows make a return from Unleashed

One sort of "pet" I'd like is more insects or reptiles to keep in jars or cages like mantises, lizards, snakes (not just small ones), spiders, other bugs as well.
Also would like rabbits that could run around the houses or birds like parrots. It would be cool if it could bring mice to settle down and make holes in the wall and then cats would be able to catch them. Ducks and stuff in ponds would be quite cute. As well as birds landing so you could feed them crumbles. More in depth aquariums would be nice.

More cagey animals in general though.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Theorist
#170 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 9:00 AM
Everyone wants canines and felines. But this is EA's chance to fling it up to ten into the realm of the supernatural with epic pets. I would like to see, but they won't do it:

Flying Narwhal of Justice
It doesn't need a body of water, it hovers in air. Whenever its sim has a dispute the narwhal will determine the guilty party, who must pay their due by their choice of penalty or atonement through servitude.

Prismatic Unicorn
No, not a gentle pony but a legendary beast of fortune, ripped with muscles. Not just for transportation but to bend the future to your sim's whim. This mythical equine serves as the crystal ball from TS2.

Technology Chupacabra
Busted mainframe? The Chupacabra will unbust it, upgrade it, hyper RAM it, and bust it again if it tries to Skynet. Pest animals must beware in your Chupacabra's territory or be snatched up and eaten.

Lion-Puta
Half lion, half Puta. Always the opposite gender of the owning sim, the Lion-Puta will turn your little garden into Sim Eden at your command. And if you want 'entertainment,' the Lion-Puta will provide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puta

Ware Wolf
You've got the material and talent, but who will sell your crafted items for the big simoleons? Answer: Ware Wolf. This awesome lycanthrope's sheer mastery of language and charm leaves no shelf occupied.
Instructor
#171 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 9:47 PM
My avatar speaks for itself, lol. I'm a cat mom!

My nine babies: Luke, Angel, Hunter, Ranger, Micah, Castiel, Raven, Alexis and William.

...and I'll never forget Leia (R.I.P. Sweetheart)
Forum Resident
#172 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 10:58 PM
I'm of the "no pets at all" camp but I know that's like asking for it not to rain in the Amazon. You know it's coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

So I just hope it's more like Unleashed and less like Pets. I don't really give a rat's ass about uber-customizable animals and being able to create layers upon layers of different colored fur. I would like pets to actually contribute something to my game, not be so friggin' needy and be fun to play with.

Pets in Unleashed were actually pets. Dogs picked up the newspaper and brought it to your Sim, cats hunted mice and annoying garden pests. EA's idea of pet utility in TS2 was for them to get crappy jobs. Great, thanks. I'll wait here for 5 minutes as my computer seizes up to unlock some dumbass purple zebra-striped fur color because my stupid dog got a promotion and is now bringing home a whopping 35 simoleons. Pets were basically like a new stage between toddler and child. Cute, pretty useless and didn't need to be cleaned quite as much.

I would like for them to put more effort into something other than dogs and cats. I realize those are the two big pet staples but why not, after 2 EPs, try something different, work a little hard and give us something like a potbellied pig? Or a monkey that we can train to entertain on the streets or be our butler?

I'd also like to see the hamster/guinea pig get a little love. TS1 hamster was equivalent to the bubonic plague rat, TS2 was just an object with a few interactions and animations. I want a real hamster. They're small, portable and good for small families who don't have the time or patience for a dog or cat. They should be able to scurry around the house, get eaten by other pets, woohoo and breed like crazy. In fact, I would like an option of cage animals to include ferrets, chincillas and...whatever else, I'm blanking at the moment.

I also like the idea of a shelter, which can be a rabbit hole and also a place we can send strays to so they our neighborhood isn't plagued by them.

Also pet clothes. Yes, it's obnoxious and I would never do it to my pet in real life but in the game, hell yeah, I want a monogrammed doggie sweater.
Theorist
#173 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 12:58 AM
Pet clothes? The animals would need extra meshes, but this idea is marvelous. A doberman in a tuxedo, a pit bull in a bully outfit, a cat wearing a hat and monocles like Planters' Mr. Peanut.

Add to this hairstyles and... perhaps for adult pets... piercings with their consent. Your sim can ask the pet and they can approve or reject the idea.

This is extreme, but since you wanted pets to be useful: pets can work as butlers, gardeners, mechanics, body guards, firefighters, and gem detectors.
Forum Resident
#174 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Pet clothes? The animals would need extra meshes, but this idea is marvelous. A doberman in a tuxedo, a pit bull in a bully outfit, a cat wearing a hat and monocles like Planters' Mr. Peanut.

Add to this hairstyles and... perhaps for adult pets... piercings with their consent. Your sim can ask the pet and they can approve or reject the idea.

This is extreme, but since you wanted pets to be useful: pets can work as butlers, gardeners, mechanics, body guards, firefighters, and gem detectors.

I like where you're going with that. Dogs should be able to retrieve collectibles around town. And cats should be able to hunt bugs and try to kill butterflies.

If EA weren't lazy, they could definitely incorporate pets into the firefighter profession somehow. Maybe dogs can save Sims from burning buildings. They should also be able to swim.
Forum Resident
#175 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 6:50 AM
a zoo would nice, but it seems too Sims 1-ish. Even though it's something I would really like(and it would go great with a OFB expansion pack...),farm animals seem a little like something you would find in the sims 2. To fit the realism approach EA is going for, we will probably get dogs, cats and multiples of medium to small animals. Small animals would be like tiny hamsters, goldfish, ant farm, and sea monkeys while medium animals would be giant lizards, pet pigs, rabbits, etc

haha lol NO
none of that polka dot kitty crap.
Page 7 of 10