Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#176 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:39 AM
EA's decision making never ceases to interest me. They whip the masses up into a frenzy about the announcement, then push it back to April 5. The facebook wall explodes in fury. I can't figure out the logic behind it.
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#177 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:42 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8715078&theater

EA just revealed bunk beds in a Facebook pic.

(Also clear shots of the spiral staircase and stroller)

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#178 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:57 AM
Yay for spiral staircases \o/
Theorist
#179 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 5:10 AM
Well, this pretty much confirms that at least Generations will be announced on the 5th. Kind of a cool way to hint at it! Yay for bunk beds! Hopefully there's a few different models aside from that castle one too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 5:28 AM
and more than 1 style of spiral staircase. :p

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#181 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:35 AM
Wow, finally, after how many years they give us bunk beds.
Retired
retired moderator
#182 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Are you sure? It's the same as the one featured in the bachelor party on the trailer, I just checked. Where was the second one?

Scholar
#183 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Are you sure? It's the same as the one featured in the bachelor party on the trailer, I just checked. Where was the second one?

Read it again. Captain THPS4 said "Hopefully..."

But different styles shouldn't be the problem. As long as we got the basic interactions and animations, we can expect the community to be able to make hundreds of styles for spiral stairs and bunkbeds. But I don't think we will only get one style.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 7:52 AM
Yep Jonha, waiting to see what the creators come up with once this EP comes out. That is what I am most excited about. I tried to bring this up at the official forums, but the idea of third party CC doesn't move them.

Thinking about it makes my gaming head explode! stuff = :lovestruc

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#185 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:02 AM
Spiral staircases and strollers? Yes! Well, strollers aren't that important, since usually my Sim toddlers are basically on house arrest until they become children.

Bunk beds I don't care about that much. In real life I never saw very many. Usually children have their own rooms. Although it's still nice to have the option.

I'm most excited about the spiral staircases, since it allows for more flexibility in lot building.

What I'm most interested in, is what additional lot types this EP will introduce. I'm in the process of building a world, and one goal of mine is to include at least one of every type of lot.

The new occult, whatever it may be, would be interesting as well. Though I'm not sure what occult would fit the theme of what Generations is supposed to be about.

World Adventures - Mummies fit the theme perfectly.

Ambitions - Sim-bots fit well, though it requires maxing out Inventing skill and completing an opportunity chain that can be difficult without cheats.

Late Night - Vampires kind of fit, though they could have fit in other themes as well. This by far is my most favorite occult. The positives far outweigh the negatives, in my opinion anyway.

Generations - What occult could fit this theme? I really don't know.

Zombies? But that doesn't relate to "living each life stage to the fullest." Zombies are reanimated dead. Not exactly "living life to the fullest."

PlantSims? Not sure how that would fit the theme either.

Aliens maybe?
Mad Poster
#186 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 8:29 AM
I was an only child, so I had my own room. My family is insanely large and many of my aunts and uncles had large families in small homes. Bunkbeds were staple there. Six kids in a small three bedroom house, meant two bunkbed sets in each of the kids rooms. That was so cool to me when I visited, those beds were our jungle gyms. Fighting for top bunk was brutal and sometimes result in a little blood letting, but it was good times. Nobody wants to sleep on the bottom, that's where the losers go and you can't sleep for fear of the top bed crushing you. We laugh about it now, but it was serious business at that time.

So when I play a bustling family that want more kids, but the house is too small for more beds and the family is too poor for a larger house, bunkbeds are the way to go. If it wasn't for the CC creators whom beat EA to it, both in Sims2 and 3, my poor families would never have more than two kids. Enhances my gameplay and bring up memories of growing up with my cousins.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#187 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I was an only child, so I had my own room. My family is insanely large and many of my aunts and uncles had large families in small homes. Bunkbeds were staple there. Six kids in a small three bedroom house, meant two bunkbed sets in each of the kids rooms. That was so cool to me when I visited, those beds were our jungle gyms. Fighting for top bunk was brutal and sometimes result in a little blood letting, but it was good times. Nobody wants to sleep on the bottom, that's where the losers go and you can't sleep for fear of the top bed crushing you. We laugh about it now, but it was serious business at that time.

So when I play a bustling family that want more kids, but the house is too small for more beds and the family is too poor for a larger house, bunkbeds are the way to go. If it wasn't for the CC creators whom beat EA to it, both in Sims2 and 3, my poor families would never have more than two kids. Enhances my gameplay and bring up memories of growing up with my cousins.

Was that in response to my post, when I expressed a mostly lackadaisical opinion about bunk beds? I'm assuming so, since it was the only one on this page that didn't express excitement.

I was going off of my personal experiences and observations. I'm an only child, so I had my own room even though the house only had two bedrooms (it had three, but one was later converted into additional space for the living room).

Other children I met, as far as I knew, all had their own rooms. Larger families simply had larger houses. One boy I knew, had a queen size bed in his room, though it was all his own. At least he wasn't likely to roll off of his bed while he slept.

In case you're wondering, I did attend college, but never lived in a dorm environment. Actually, I've never shared a dwelling, except as a kid when I lived at my parents' house. Although I did meet someone who did live in a dorm environment. Even in that case, no bunk beds. They had two twin size beds.

I think I've only seen bunk beds once, and it was at some sort of camp. No, I didn't stay the night.

As for Sims, if a family can't afford a larger house, then I will simply deny their want for additional children.

Now that's another thing. I hope that Universities are brought back in TS3. But I also hope it will be possible for college students to live at their parents' house, or in their own dwelling (instead of dorms).
Retired
retired moderator
#188 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:06 AM
Oops, my bad there! Thanks jonha! ^_^

It sounds a bit silly, but I'd like to see a "Boogieman" supernatural Sim who could scare children at night. It would come out of large double-doored wardrobes or wall closets. But the idea was only ever very vague so I'm not sure how they could have worked or what they might look like.

The trailer give us what might be a hint toward witches, but nothing really seems to fit this theme.

Theorist
#189 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:19 AM
A prom, hmmm... I hope it is not just a rabbit hole event. I just saw Carrie.
Inventor
#190 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
A prom, hmmm... I hope it is not just a rabbit hole event. I just saw Carrie.

*LOLOL* yeppers thats pretty much why we have proms, so the kids can play Carrie
Forum Resident
#191 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:37 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8715078&theater

EA just revealed bunk beds in a Facebook pic.

(Also clear shots of the spiral staircase and stroller)

Oh, and they have bunk beds too. Hope there are some less-themed looking ones, though. But will that type of stroller hold a baby or will a baby need a carriage type stroller?

And does anyone else find it just a teensy bit odd that all the audience members are wearing hats? Nothing wrong with it, it's just that my sims so rarely wear hats.
Test Subject
#192 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
And does anyone else find it just a teensy bit odd that all the audience members are wearing hats? Nothing wrong with it, it's just that my sims so rarely wear hats.

EA does seem to have some weird fascination with hats and ugly sandals.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Retired
retired moderator
#193 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:08 PM
Of course, the one supernatural that does *sort of* fit is the Genie. But does anyone want the Genie back? :/

Test Subject
#194 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:26 PM
I hope Generations include the changing table for toddlers. I was disappointed that they hadn't included changing tables in Sims 3. But ugh, so excited for this EP. I've been cheering for strollers and bunk beds since I started playing Sims ten years ago. Just wish that there would be a stroller for babies too, not just toddlers. Basically, you can do nothing with the babies except feed them, hold them, hug them and put them to bed. I always force them to grow up the day after they're born. :/

~ merci pour le venin.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 2:58 PM
Of course, the one supernatural that does *sort of* fit is the Genie. But does anyone want the Genie back? :/

I miss my Genie. He kept flooding the house and stuff like that. Hours of fun in one lamp!
Mad Poster
#196 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
If we can replace the banister/railings and CASt the stairs then would it matter too much if they only had one style? Being able to change those things would give loads of different appearances.
Test Subject
#197 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:04 PM
Also, please bring back their MEMORIES! I miss them.

~ merci pour le venin.
Forum Resident
#198 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:08 PM
Memories and collections. Collections are in Medieval, so I am hoping beyond hope!!
Test Subject
#199 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 3:16 PM
Collections too, yes. Also the possibility to give your baby and toddler a bath.

~ merci pour le venin.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#200 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:13 PM

I meant I hope for more than 1. sorry for the confusion.

Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
If we can replace the banister/railings and CASt the stairs then would it matter too much if they only had one style? Being able to change those things would give loads of different appearances.

The same can be said about the stairs we have in the game now - which is around 12, I think, if you include store content. Sometimes, the style of the stairs aren't good enough to fit EVERY theme. In every game when we've received Spiral staircases, we got multiple styles. Wrought iron, Traditional Wood, Solid Stone, etc. The Spiral Stairs we have now do not fit many themes. It's pretty much modern, since the stair do not connect. If the stairs were solid, like in this picture, it could open up more design options by having something not so modern. It would suck having to force modern stair into a classic design, rather than having stairs that already match.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 8 of 73