Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#201 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 5:00 PM
i love the idea of usuable strollers in my game.
and bunkbeds! both will be well used.
this is looking very promising....cant wait to see what more will be revealed 5th of april!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#202 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 5:51 PM
It would be great to have the tea table in the game again. It was so cute to see the kids sitting down to drink tea and talk. I kind of doubt we'll see it again, though.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Forum Resident
#203 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
It would be great to have the tea table in the game again. It was so cute to see the kids sitting down to drink tea and talk. I kind of doubt we'll see it again, though.

I didnt know there was a tea table! Just looked it up and I'm totally surprised. I guess I didnt take too many trips in BV. What would really be cool is to have a tea pot and tray item that you can put on any table so you can enjoy it anywhere.
Inventor
#204 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
Spiral staircases and strollers? Yes! Well, strollers aren't that important, since usually my Sim toddlers are basically on house arrest until they become children.

Bunk beds I don't care about that much. In real life I never saw very many. Usually child

Strollers are stupid. They should have introduced slings for infants and toddlers.
Spiral staircases are a nice addition.
Bunkbeds are highly useful for saving space, especially in downtown apartments.
My children share a bunkbed because our house is small and they do NOT and may never have their own rooms. That's quite a western mindset to have one room per child.
Bunkbeds also make sleepovers more fun, converting the beds to a boat or fort with sheets strategically placed and their imagination goes wild, or at least that is what happened when I was a kid.
I never thought top or bottom was preferred, they both have their advantages.
Inventor
#205 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
It sounds a bit silly, but I'd like to see a "Boogieman" supernatural Sim who could scare children at night. It would come out of large double-doored wardrobes or wall closets. But the idea was only ever very vague so I'm not sure how they could have worked or what they might look like.

Monters, Inc.
Field Researcher
#206 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
They should have introduced slings for infants and toddlers.

I never thought of that. But it would be really great!

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Inventor
#207 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
I never thought of that. But it would be really great!

I've posted it before, but slings provide so many things, and would make having an infant in the game so much more fun. Slings would allow sim parents to carry their baby, keeping it's social bar high, while going about doing regular things like cooking, cleaning, painting, gardening, etc. Slings holding infants/toddlers by mom would also keep their hunger bar filled. Whichever parent is toting babe/toddler with them increases their bond/relationship with the baby/toddler. And, baby or toddler can sleep in the sling when tired regardless of what the parent is doing at the time. They could be held in a cradle position while sleeping, upright while awake and actively involved in observing the world the parent takes them to, or in a breastfeeding position when fulfilling their hunger needs, covered or not, but likely EA would smother the babies heads to keep the game T, although there is nothing inappropriate about feeding your baby the natural way.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
I've posted it before, but slings provide so many things, and would make having an infant in the game so much more fun. Slings would allow sim parents to carry their baby, keeping it's social bar high, while going about doing regular things like cooking, cleaning, painting, gardening, etc. Slings holding infants/toddlers by mom would also keep their hunger bar filled. Whichever parent is toting babe/toddler with them increases their bond/relationship with the baby/toddler.

Awesome.
But I don't think we will ever have it.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
Awesome.
But I don't think we will ever have it.

Maybe a mod? I mean, there's one for BBQ-ing your babies... this is probably/hopefully less difficult.
Mad Poster
#210 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 12:38 AM
Hopefully there is code in the game that will enable the modders to make a sling that keeps the infant close yet allowing the carrier to do other things. There are more EPs to come too.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
And does anyone else find it just a teensy bit odd that all the audience members are wearing hats? Nothing wrong with it, it's just that my sims so rarely wear hats.

That does seem odd. Maybe it could be a hint that hats will be an accessory now, instead of part of a hairstyle. I would love that. I hate when I like a hat but not the hairstyle that goes with it Or maybe it's a hint for a costume party and/or costume trunk, as it looks like their outfits sort of go with their hats. It's probably all just wishful thinking on my part, and it's simply that whoever snapped the screenshot just likes hats

I'm happy to see official bunk beds, but I always feel a tiny bit cheated with EAxis gives us stuff the community has already made (like the breast sliders, for example). I know not everyone plays with custom content, but it still irks me anyway.

Again the stroller is just sitting there not in use as in a previous screenshot. I know there's a framed pic in one of the screenshots that shows a woman actually pushing a toddler in the stroller, but that could be staged. I'm still really worried that it's not going to be fully functional. It would seem crazy to me to add a stroller that isn't fully functional, but this is EA we're talking about. I thought it was crazy we didn't get a changing table and that babies don't even leave dirty diapers after being changed. I don't like magical little pod babies...they bore me and offer no challenge
Forum Resident
#212 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:17 AM
if that stroller aint funtional then i will be playing with my voodoo dolls instead of the usual sim dolls.. makes for very sore asses
Scholar
#213 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:16 AM Last edited by aeval99 : 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:29 AM.
Quote:
Again the stroller is just sitting there not in use as in a previous screenshot. I know there's a framed pic in one of the screenshots that shows a woman actually pushing a toddler in the stroller, but that could be staged. I'm still really worried that it's not going to be fully functional. It would seem crazy to me to add a stroller that isn't fully functional, but this is EA we're talking about.
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I don't know that I will believe that it's a functional stroller until I see it in action.

And I have to wonder at what the heck is going on behind the scenes at EA. I have come to expect a certain level on incompetance from them, when it comes to QA, but one area they have always excelled at has been promotion. Not only do they keep delaying this announcement, they also can't seem to communitcate with their own employees.

~First a guru on the UK site posts a riddle that suggests the pack will be announced on the 25 of February. Then they say the announcement has been delayed.

~The Sims 3 US site puts up a page listing Generations as an expansion and gives a blurb "pranks, tree-houses, mid-life blah, blah". That page is taken down.

~The Aussie site posts two trailers for Generations and Unleashed (I'm assuming that is a working title) and then takes them down again.

~The Facebook page announces a "super seekrit suprise" and then cancels it and releases the same old first of the month store crap in its place, promising a "better surpise X2" at a later date.

It seems to me that there are two groups at work in this endeavour, and they are not playing well with each other. It's a good thing that the Sims is such an established franchise, because this PR campaign (such as it is) has turned into a farce.
Mad Poster
#214 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:33 AM
The set up from the picture on the Sims 3 facebook page is representive of an American game show, like Let's Make A Deal! or The Price is Right! The audience dress funny and try to be unique so they can get noticed and hopefully be called to play the game. Most of the audience wears hats.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#215 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:59 AM
Yeah, EA seems to really be stringing us along on a streak of disappointment and shady business. On top of the stuff aeval99 said, one of the daily deals last month even resulted in a light being twice the price instead of half. That's seriously messed up, and it was 33% sold by the time it ended. I can't imagine the transitioning in management from Rod Humble to whoever it is now being the entire excuse for the strangeness.

EA already gave us non-drinkable lemonade with OLS so I wouldn't put it past them to include decorative strollers. I guess all it would have took to stage that picture with the child was to have it already sitting on a chair at the same height and use moveobjects. If they truly are functional though, I'm glad we have at least two different models for those.
Retired
retired moderator
#216 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 1:08 PM
Quote:
Yeah, EA seems to really be stringing us along on a streak of disappointment and shady business. On top of the stuff aeval99 said, one of the daily deals last month even resulted in a light being twice the price instead of half. That's seriously messed up, and it was 33% sold by the time it ended. I can't imagine the transitioning in management from Rod Humble to whoever it is now being the entire excuse for the strangeness.

My guess is that they're grossly understaffed, but still profitable enough that way that they have no incentive yet to provide good service.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#217 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 4:49 PM
I just hope the spiral stairs come with the EP and are not something you have to buy at the store.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#218 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 5:23 PM
At least 2 spirals should come in the EP. Whatever they sell in the store... meh. It's like if you don't own LN or OLS, and you want a hot tub, you have to settle for that GOD AWFUL tub in the store. I hope if tey do have spirals, they don't get treated the same way = furniture that only fits a THEME not a STYLE. -_-

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#219 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4

The sad thing is that it was 33% sold at double the price, a profit with no work. Just by offering something in the daily deal, players bought it on pure general purpose without thinking.

I wonder if those people got anything back? At least a special offering. I doubt it.

Mad Poster
#220 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LollySims
That does seem odd. Maybe it could be a hint that hats will be an accessory now, instead of part of a hairstyle. I would love that. I hate when I like a hat but not the hairstyle that goes with it Or maybe it's a hint for a costume party and/or costume trunk, as it looks like their outfits sort of go with their hats. It's probably all just wishful thinking on my part, and it's simply that whoever snapped the screenshot just likes hats

Hats as an accessory would be great! At the moment all ingame hairs also have a version with a hat on, but most of the hats are ugly. Separate hats would be nice, considering the size of hair files in TS3.
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 9:30 PM
BUNKBEDS! I love that idea, I can cram more legacy kids in smaller rooms now :P

You gonna do something killer?
C'mon give it a try...
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 10:47 PM Last edited by Pax : 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by blubluedd
will generations have different seasons and weather? all these expansions are great but i have yet to see an expansion pack that REALISTICALLY simulates our REAL WORLD.

It won't have weather. Would EA miss the chance to make more money by including weather in a separate expansion? Does Santa Claus vacation in my second home in Prague with my boyfriend the Pope?

Spoiler: the 2nd is the true one.

It's teatime somewhere.
Retired
retired moderator
#223 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:26 PM
http://www.simprograms.com/29173/th...edish-coverart/

Well. I'm sold. I also notice it appears to include university to some degree. I imagine it'll add a College rabbithole.

Edit: Humbug. "High school graduation". But still...

The new memory system was hinted at strongly in the trailer, and sounds awesome. Although, it might involve a lot of micromanagement.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#224 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 6:58 PM
awwwwww memories! EA does listen <3
so it looks like the basic needs will be leveled....Finally!
and if all goes well we'll know more tomorrow.

*fingers crossed*
Field Researcher
#225 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:19 PM
The chemistry set is back!!! YAAAAAY!
Page 9 of 73