Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#1276 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 2:46 PM Last edited by Kathwynn : 1st Sep 2012 at 12:27 AM.
The sim I am currently playing has broke the low end shower now for the third time.. With two different women. I do not know what they are doing in that shower.. But the shower sure can not seem to handle the... activity.... He can not afford to buy a better shower right at the moment.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1277 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
It's a mildly dismissive slang term for a baby or child, perhaps vaguely equivalent to something like "brat." If it seems obscure, blame my nationality- when I first used it for the character I didn't realise it was a specifically British term that might be unfamiliar to people from outside the UK. My mistake.

Oh, don't apologize for that. Even not knowing what it meant, I knew what it meant, if you know what I mean? It's one of those evocative words.
Test Subject
#1278 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:12 AM
OMG, this one time my sim teen was taking a stroll with her toddler sister, and I was watching the mother read her child to sleep, when the teen comes home withOUT the baby because she'd gotten arrested for throwing eggs at someone's house.. I was like "Oh Great, now I gotta deal with a social worker because my teen is an idiot." I didn't even know they did that autonomous. Or maybe it was a glitch. . idk. . .but yeah. .the Social worker didn't come, I just sent mommy sim to go pick her up. -_-
Top Secret Researcher
#1279 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fightanECLIPSE
OMG, this one time my sim teen was taking a stroll with her toddler sister, and I was watching the mother read her child to sleep, when the teen comes home withOUT the baby because she'd gotten arrested for throwing eggs at someone's house..

This must be one of the funniest incidents I have read about.
Top Secret Researcher
#1280 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fightanECLIPSE
OMG, this one time my sim teen was taking a stroll with her toddler sister, and I was watching the mother read her child to sleep, when the teen comes home withOUT the baby because she'd gotten arrested for throwing eggs at someone's house.. I was like "Oh Great, now I gotta deal with a social worker because my teen is an idiot." I didn't even know they did that autonomous. Or maybe it was a glitch. . idk. . .but yeah. .the Social worker didn't come, I just sent mommy sim to go pick her up. -_-

Unless their needs are critically low at the time, there's no need to worry about the social worker coming when babies and toddlers are ditched in strange places on the map. Happens all the time, at most you'll get a prompt making you send someone to recover them or witness them automatically being teleported back to the home lot. And that's if the game even notices at all.

Basically, if there's one thing you can count on in this game, it's sims being mind-bogglingly incompetent parents when left to their own devices. Hence a lot of my posts including a sarcastic running gag about QUALITY PARENTING. You can't resist making fun of it after a while.
Field Researcher
#1281 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 1:04 AM
One time my sim couple were at a party on a community lot and had called a babysitter to take care of the baby. I switched to the baby about three sim-hours later only to find out the babysitter had left and the baby's needs were critically low.
Field Researcher
#1282 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
One time my sim couple were at a party on a community lot and had called a babysitter to take care of the baby. I switched to the baby about three sim-hours later only to find out the babysitter had left and the baby's needs were critically low.

That's not even funny. Poor baby! (and in RL I'm not particularly fond of kids :P)
Field Researcher
#1283 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 3:23 AM
Babysitters in the game have always been negligent for me. That's why I try to avoid them as much as possible now and if both the parents have work, I make sure there's enough time for one of them to rush home in case of an emergency.
Forum Resident
#1284 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerbu
Babysitters in the game have always been negligent for me. That's why I try to avoid them as much as possible now and if both the parents have work, I make sure there's enough time for one of them to rush home in case of an emergency.

Ughhh I hate that. I wish there was some way you could scold them or something for their poor job, or do SOMETHING. One time I hired a babysitter while my parent Sims were at work, and the babysitter put my toddler in his high chair while he was very hungry, so I assumed he was going to feed him. Nope. Babysitter walked outside and stood outside the entire time and just left the toddler in the high chair, screaming and crying. By the time the parent Sims got home, my toddler was nearing starvation, had wet his diaper, was desperately lonely, and was exhausted. Then that idiot babysitter had the nerve to take my money and say, "I'm done here, that'll be $50," and leaves before I can talk to him.

I was so freaking mad that I invited him over to the house the next day and beat the crap out of him with my mother Sim. Three times.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Test Subject
#1285 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 4:43 AM
yeah, I try to avoid getting them to, because when ever I do, they leave the baby in the crib all day screaming and hollering. I honestly miss the Nanny, she was damned expensive, but she earned her keep. and they get random NPCs to babysit. I just have the Mommy stay home until she/he's a child then she can go out and work. . .(which is also why i like the set age sliders because they are only babies for about four days, and then they are children..

I think that ever sim town shoud have sim kids for our sim kids to communicate with, i feel like there are not enough sim kids or toddlers or teens. -_-
Alchemist
#1286 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 11:27 AM
That in my legacey in every gen my sim has to have 4 boys before she even gets a girl.
In my last legacy my sims had to have 7 boys before they got a girl,its ahhh annoying

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Field Researcher
#1287 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 3:34 PM
All kinds of group activities (groups, parties and dates) always end as terrible before I even get the chance to make it go well. I really hate that.
Theorist
#1288 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Unless their needs are critically low at the time, there's no need to worry about the social worker coming when babies and toddlers are ditched in strange places on the map. Happens all the time, at most you'll get a prompt making you send someone to recover them or witness them automatically being teleported back to the home lot. And that's if the game even notices at all.

Basically, if there's one thing you can count on in this game, it's sims being mind-bogglingly incompetent parents when left to their own devices. Hence a lot of my posts including a sarcastic running gag about QUALITY PARENTING. You can't resist making fun of it after a while.

I don't suppose EA knows anything about parenting. I had my Sim visit a dive bar earlier and saw this premade family came with their baby daughter. And they think it's a good idea t leave the kid on the floor to be trampled on by the dancing mob, while they pissed themselves with drinks.
Test Subject
#1289 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 3:00 PM
Default Loll
These are hilarious!!!
Theorist
#1290 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 3:24 PM
One of my Sim, after a long day of work, party and booze, came home dead tired with an almost empty energy gauge. Thankfully, I managed to get him to bed in time. But not 5 seconds later, he suddenly got up. Was it a burglar? A noisy intruder? A furniture suddenly combusting? Not at all. He simply got out of bed, walked a few steps and passed out. Yes, he is so tired that he could wake up from sleep to pass out. I suppose this is EA's way of saying "FUCK LOGIC!"
Scholar
#1291 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
One of my Sim, after a long day of work, party and booze, came home dead tired with an almost empty energy gauge. Thankfully, I managed to get him to bed in time. But not 5 seconds later, he suddenly got up. Was it a burglar? A noisy intruder? A furniture suddenly combusting? Not at all. He simply got out of bed, walked a few steps and passed out. Yes, he is so tired that he could wake up from sleep to pass out. I suppose this is EA's way of saying "FUCK LOGIC!"

That's like when they stand up from the toilet in order to wet themselves.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Top Secret Researcher
#1292 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 5:24 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:42 PM.
I don't suppose EA knows anything about parenting. I had my Sim visit a dive bar earlier and saw this premade family came with their baby daughter. And they think it's a good idea t leave the kid on the floor to be trampled on by the dancing mob, while they pissed themselves with drinks.

Time for more QUALITY PARENTING!

We rejoin the Scumthorpes on an average day in the life of SimNation's least psychologically healthy political family. Carrie's downstairs beating the crap out of her Imaginary Friend doll and trying to hide from Sprog, Lester's asleep on the sofa and still as much of a spindly mutant hellbaby as ever and Rick is growing increasingly concerned by the fact that he's in his late twenties and still digs graves for a living despite how influential, well-connected and powerful his father's become in recent years.

In the nursery, meanwhile, Lolita happily plays with a little xylophone. She's fairly good at it...

...Well, except for when she tries to eat the percussion mallet.

Still, this is nonetheless a cute, endearing scene of early child development that regular, sane parents might well coo over, watch with pride and photograph far more than strictly necessary. Even the Scumthorpes couldn't possibly do anything to wreck a moment like this, surely-

-Oh, you have got to be kidding me. GODAMMIT, Larry!

SHUT UP AND LEARN WHEN TO QUIT, LOLITA, YOU FAIL AT XYLOPHONES

YOU ARE THE MOST TALENTLESS BABY EVER

THE VERY FACT THAT I'M YOUR FATHER FILLS ME WITH DISGUST AND SHAME

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my god that expression

i think i may have a new avatar

----------------------------------------------------

Also, a while back some of you expressed an interest in what the other Scumthorpe triplets will look like as adults after I posted CAS screenshots of future Lolita and adult Sprog. While I'm still trying to come up with a suitably unnerving look for adult Lester and may have to wait for some of the new makeup options in Supernatural, I do have this image of future Carrie.

And once again, it's... surprising.

Just as I said a couple of pages back, how the hell does Larry keep having pretty daughters? Even with visible burns and scars covering half her face, she's still more attractive than at least 90% of the entire human race. It makes no sense at all! Her father is objectively hideous, and her mother never looked that good!

(And if you're wondering how she got those scars, blame Sprog. Of course it's Sprog's fault)
Theorist
#1293 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 5:53 PM
Hey, I want those burn and scars. Where did you get it? :P
Top Secret Researcher
#1294 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 6:14 PM
Hey, I want those burn and scars. Where did you get it? :P

Half-burned skin is a LadyFrontBum one, look on her website. Can't quite remember where the facial scars were from, they might have been from TSR. Have a search on there and see if anything turns up. Failing that, try MySims3Blog, it's where I find most things that aren't on here.

(The skin definitely works with 1:38, by the way. I took that screenshot yesterday while testing the new patch with Twallan's updated mods)
Test Subject
#1295 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:57 PM
The last one that annoyed me was from a babysitter. Normally he leaves my toddler alone, and I'm fine with that. The only major thing he's needed for is for putting or removing the toddler from the crib. Problem is, he put a toddler whose energy bar was still half full in. So the babysitter pulled him out. Then he seemed to think the best course of action wasn't to put him on the floor, preferably by his toys, but to put him back in the crib. This action was repeated 14 times with the occasional "toss in air" or "attack with the claw". I finally couldn't take it anymore and reset the toddler and sent him to his toys. To make it worse, when the toddler did get tired finally, the babysitter did everything but put him in the crib.

I was annoyed when the babysitter on another town felt the need to heckle my infant twins 20 or so times before the parents got home, but at least he had enough sense to know not to put a toddler who isn't in anyway tired into a crib.
Theorist
#1296 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:38 AM Last edited by vhanster : 12th Sep 2012 at 11:04 AM.
The WTF moment isn't exactly from the game; but since it's still related, I'll post it here.

Last night, when I thought I'd kill off some annoying NPC using the "Mean..." interaction, I saw a "Sprog" option - which, when selected, spawned a Sprog Scumthorpe to stab the victim with poker.

It was during that moment I realized the whole sequence was a dream; to which I have to say:

MINGHAMSMITH! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???

Field Researcher
#1297 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:43 AM
I told my sim to potty train the toddler sitting next to him with the toddler toilet next to them. He and the toddler proceeded to walk across the lot before my sim finally picked up the toddler and took him to potty train.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Field Researcher
#1298 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
I told my sim to potty train the toddler sitting next to him with the toddler toilet next to them. He and the toddler proceeded to walk across the lot before my sim finally picked up the toddler and took him to potty train.

This happens to me too. Do you find it's a more recent problem? Coz I swear it hasn't always been that bad.

There's plenty of room for them to be picked up, but they choose to walk to other side of the house. It takes ages. And when you have triplets to potty train, it's frustrating as balls.
Field Researcher
#1299 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:15 PM
Just today one of my child sims got up at 1 am to take a shower. His energy wasn't even half full.
Field Researcher
#1300 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:36 PM

I must go. My planet needs me.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Page 52 of 321