Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
There are:

Blue Topaz
Smoky Quartz
Ruby
Emerald
Diamond
Luminorous Gem
Yellow Sapphire
Tanzanite
Rainbow Gem
Pink Diamond

I think this is all of them. The only one I haven't found any of yet is the pink diamond, and I have only found 2 rainbow gems.

Awsome so the only one i have to find is the rainbow gem. I never find ANYTHING in the catacombs. I just keep gettin ripped up by bears lol.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:11 AM
One thing I really like is when my first sim saved enough lifetime points to get a collection helper (which by the way shows up in their inventory - took me FOREVER to find) they can pass it on before they die. I just dragged it out of their inventory, and moved it to another sim. And it's a good thing - my sims are too busy collecting their lifetime points for more important things - like "good looking" and "slacker" rewards.
Theorist
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:25 AM
One of my Sims got the collection organizer today. I already had all the hot spots for the gems figured out, though, but it's still very helpful because everything will now glow for the Sim with the organizer. I think this particular Sim had managed to find all the gems before ever getting the organizer and still needs one ore. Now I can wish the organizer actually said what kind of gems are out and about, not just where they are.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:10 PM
Thanks for this, the best I had ever gotten was a Pear Cut for something along the lines of a "Luminous" gem.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:54 PM
great information! thank man!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:51 PM
UGH!!!!!! 673 Rocks and Gems found and i STILLLLLLL dont have the special last gem... ***Cries***
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM
One thing I haven't been able to figure out is where to look to see which have been found and which I still need to find? Is there a way to do that? Even something that shows how close I am, etc? I have a bazillion different space rocks (big and small) and aside from printing out the list and checking each one off, I can't tell how close I am to finding all of them.
Theorist
#33 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tornado9495
One thing I haven't been able to figure out is where to look to see which have been found and which I still need to find? Is there a way to do that? Even something that shows how close I am, etc? I have a bazillion different space rocks (big and small) and aside from printing out the list and checking each one off, I can't tell how close I am to finding all of them.

Do you mean like a list of all the types of space rocks you can get in the game?

Try:

http://jennthesimmergirl.wordpress....-3-information/

It has plants, gems, space rocks, bugs, upgrades, fish etc., lists of all the types you can get. I haven't checked it or anything, but it looks pretty full.

Or if you mean to see how many you have left, go to your skill journal (go to skills and click on any skill, you have to have a bar in something, because the collector's skill isn't shown in your skills section because you don't actually gain skill in it). Then there are tabs for different skills at the top, just click on the butterfly icon. It tells you the percentage of different kinds of things you've found etc.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
Or if you mean to see how many you have left, go to your skill journal (go to skills and click on any skill, you have to have a bar in something, because the collector's skill isn't shown in your skills section because you don't actually gain skill in it). Then there are tabs for different skills at the top, just click on the butterfly icon. It tells you the percentage of different kinds of things you've found etc.

That's exactly what I meant. Guess I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of that! Thank you very much! :D
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:36 PM
Ive collected everything BUT the special gem.
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
Do you mean like a list of all the types of space rocks you can get in the game?

Try:

http://jennthesimmergirl.wordpress....-3-information/

It has plants, gems, space rocks, bugs, upgrades, fish etc., lists of all the types you can get. I haven't checked it or anything, but it looks pretty full.

Ohhh thanks very much for the mention!

These lists are compiled from my own game experience and I'm still working on the bugs.
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:35 AM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Collecting_%28The_Sims_3%29

That site sums up everything you need to know about all of collecting in The Sims 3.
Page 2 of 2