Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Mod Switch

by jwofles Posted 15th Jun 2019 at 8:45 PM - Updated 5th Sep 2022 at 2:01 AM by jwofles

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 9:00 AM
Quick question, it still tells me I need to restart to see changes when toggling? Do I just ignore that or?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 7:12 AM
Worked like a charm, thank you ♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DownloadBlocking
Quick question, it still tells me I need to restart to see changes when toggling? Do I just ignore that or?

Just ignore that :P
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 11:09 AM
Default Finding The Game Bin
Quote: Originally posted by black_queen
I don't even have a game/bin location? I'm not sure what I'm looking for at this point. Help

Go the PROGRAM FILES x86, ORIGIN GAMES, THE SIMS 4, GA,E. BIN. After that i guess you save the whole bin, since i do not see the srg or sgr file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 11:10 AM
thanks, but I am still trying to find that file, before putting it into my game...
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Dokecls : 25th Mar 2020 at 10:46 PM.
is this mod all-in-one?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 26th May 2020 at 5:59 AM
I'd love to do this, but seems like *a lot* of effort.
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th May 2020 at 3:57 PM
I see some people are tagging this mod on tumblr for the sims 3 too so...is this usable on ts3 too?
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th May 2020 at 6:11 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie texture mod creator and I have a doubt about HQ. If I create an HQ texture, will it work for *both* HQ and NON-HQ games?
My computer is a bit old, its graphic card's outdated and I got low disc space, it's already lagging to load sims 4, so I didn't wanna add this mod until I can upgrade (as it might completely crash the game), so I wouldn't be able to test it out. Yet, I want my creations to look good for those who have HQ!
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dokecls
is this mod all-in-one?

No. You need the HQ game files from alf-si, and/or HQ-compatible cc.

Quote: Originally posted by stefanya87
I see some people are tagging this mod on tumblr for the sims 3 too so...is this usable on ts3 too?

No.

Quote: Originally posted by thaisherrera
Hi, I'm a newbie texture mod creator and I have a doubt about HQ. If I create an HQ texture, will it work for *both* HQ and NON-HQ games?
My computer is a bit old, its graphic card's outdated and I got low disc space, it's already lagging to load sims 4, so I didn't wanna add this mod until I can upgrade (as it might completely crash the game), so I wouldn't be able to test it out. Yet, I want my creations to look good for those who have HQ!
Thanks!

Yes, HQ cc works on non-HQ games fine. The only downside is the file size is bigger.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 2:18 AM
Okay so I deleted my last comment to make sure I covered all bases before reporting an issue. With the new patch I'm experiencing various visual bugs when enabling the HQ mod. Their skin texture overlaps everything they're wearing, I can't change their eye colours, eyebrows are missing, etc. Is this an issue with the new patch? I've re-done all my HQ game file folders and replaced the .sgr again, all that good stuff, and it still happens. Would just love to know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's being experienced by others too. Cheers
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pink_Pwincess
Okay so I deleted my last comment to make sure I covered all bases before reporting an issue. With the new patch I'm experiencing various visual bugs when enabling the HQ mod. Their skin texture overlaps everything they're wearing, I can't change their eye colours, eyebrows are missing, etc. Is this an issue with the new patch? I've re-done all my HQ game file folders and replaced the .sgr again, all that good stuff, and it still happens. Would just love to know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's being experienced by others too. Cheers

The new patch broke default eyes and possibly eyebrows.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
The new patch broke default eyes and possibly eyebrows.

I removed all cc and it still happened, unfortunately, so I guess I'll have to just wait. Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 5:24 PM
Thank you so much for this Mod! I love it and have been using it ever since I started playing The Sims 4 (I started this year only) LOL. I can confirm that this still works with the new June 03, 2020 Eco Living Patch alongside with the Small June 04, 2020 Update. Hope to see more of your work soon. Stay safe and keep being awesome!
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 2:00 AM
I'm not sure what I have done wrong, so any suggestions will help, but after installing (yes, correctly) and converting my mods to 4k.. my stupid game wont boot.

The only thing I can think is that not ALL CAS mods would have been converted (because I am a sadist with 200gb+ mods which the majority of are mixed) and during the conversion I definitely would have accidentally converted any buildmode/ misc mods that I have in wrong folders.

Is this something which would cause it to not launch?? I reallllyy want this mod.. I HATE the graphics and want 4k.
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 6:31 AM
Downloaded and did everything as said, noticed some of my sims were blacked out so decided to uninstall because couldnt be bothered converting all cc to HQ. Also put my .srg file back where it belonged But my sims are still blacked out? do i need to reinstall my game? help!!!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 6:53 PM
so i'm not the only one with a problem here? i mean i remember this mod working perfectly months ago, but after at least two re-installs of the HQ mod i wondered if it was me, this mod, or the game.
does anyone know of a fix yet to this HQ mod problem?

"Do you think that God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he has created?" - a quote from spy kids 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 4:40 AM
Sorry for the late reply but if anyone is having the above issues you need to get fixed eye and eyebrow defaults.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 8:04 PM
So grateful for the update and the explanation. It helped so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 1:28 AM
Thank you for updating!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 11:14 PM
hey i was wondering if there was a way to get it to use more of my cpu? currently it's only using 20% and it's crawling thru my clothing files because they all have at least 100-200 textures (and i've got 979 files in there). it's a great program and such a lifesaver however!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 1:09 AM
Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 11:00 AM
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded alf -si new files for HQ mod, the updates one... but then, even with only HQmod in my mod folder, sims are all black (base game sims). I'm seriously going mad trying to find where is the mistake.
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th May 2021 at 6:57 PM
Default Read the Install notes
Quote: Originally posted by LadyUzu
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I downloaded alf -si new files for HQ mod, the updates one... but then, even with only HQmod in my mod folder, sims are all black (base game sims). I'm seriously going mad trying to find where is the mistake.

The install notes say that anything not HQ will turn black.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 4:35 PM
love it
Page 2 of 3