Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible magisplay tray recolor

by pfish Posted 7th Aug 2006 at 3:54 AM - Updated 16th Oct 2008 at 9:34 PM by Crazyfoolgaf

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:49 AM
I have CEP and OFB but it doesn't show up in my game either.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
I have CEP and OFB but it doesn't show up in my game either.

Try to download the latest cep.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:08 PM
do you know of anything like this for nightlife?

for more creations:
http://elaborate.wickedsims.com
Alchemist
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by byexlove
do you know of anything like this for nightlife?

I have seen a few requests for this for different expansions without open for business but nobody had not done it yet.

Check this link.

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...ad.php?t=241923

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
Really? What version of CEP did you download?

Edit: Did you unzip your download file?

I have also the same problem, I have open for buisiness and redownloaded it for several times and aklso unzipped it for several times but it just stays like the origional one.
What should I do?
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:19 PM
aurora_x, Sorry for the delay to answer your problem. I redownload this and it showed up finely in my game. I download the last CEP file-window manual zip. I took a picture of my download folder. Does my CEP download package look like your CEP download in your download folder?

Sorry I have the same problem and strangely enough I downloaded mine today but it doesn't work.
I tried everything that was posted before today in the messages in here but I simply can't find the downlaod like that.

Sorry for the trouble.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 6:21 PM
Another if the problem can't be solved in my game is there something else that I can download instead?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 5:09 AM Last edited by pfish : 14th Sep 2007 at 5:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by animelovr
Another if the problem can't be solved in my game is there something else that I can download instead?

Can you see your CEP package "EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" in your download folder? and enable your custom content in your game? A few minutes ago, I download the CEP windows zip (windows manual install) and put "EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" into my download folder then I downloaded my invisible magisplay tray and extracted it into my download folder. In my game, I clicked on the maxis shelf icon and clicked on the maxis magisplay tray and it pops up an invisible recolor with a custom star.

Edit: you can click on CEP automatic installer. You don't have to download the CEP windows manual installer.

Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:18 PM
[QUOTE=pfish]Can you see your CEP package "EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" in your download folder? and enable your custom content in your game? A few minutes ago, I download the CEP windows zip (windows manual install) and put "EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" into my download folder then I downloaded my invisible magisplay tray and extracted it into my download folder. In my game, I clicked on the maxis shelf icon and clicked on the maxis magisplay tray and it pops up an invisible recolor with a custom star.

Edit: you can click on CEP automatic installer. You don't have to download the CEP windows manual installer.[/QUOTE

Well I used Q-Xpress installer from modthesims2.com and installated it in my game like that.
I actually always use that tool and it works good enough for me.
But if I need to use another program then please tell me wich one.
Because I really dont see in my folder 'EnableColorOptionsGMND.package'

Thanks for helping me. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 7:14 AM
Hey
I have the same prob that every one else is having i redownloaded it 3 times and it still is not working i do NOT have the latest CEP but my brother dose not have it ether and it works in his game so could it be some thing else that is making it not work...?

Sorry for any typos

I wont go down by my self but I'll go down with my friends
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 10:18 PM
what does it do exactly?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#37 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xgreydovex
what does it do exactly?

This flexible display case is a flat mat that sits atop any surface or on the floor. It can handle a few small items or one medium-sized items such as a computer.

Edit: check this link for another use of this display case.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ing_on_Surfaces

Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 7:53 PM
This flexible display case is a flat mat that sits atop any surface or on the floor. It can handle a few small items or one medium-sized items such as a computer.

Edit: check this link for another use of this display case.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ing_on_Surfaces

ohhh okay.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 1:07 PM
Thanks for this pfish! I use it ALL the time. You are the RULER of invisible items and I am the Invisible Queen User!

BTW - Did you know this tray won't zip with Residential lots? I don't know about Commercial lots yet.

Take care and thanks for all your creations.
stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 6:49 AM
Whoa! I got a star for this invisible magisplay tray. Thank you very much for my star, Mod the sims 2. :lovestruc

Forum Resident
#41 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 5:46 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Alchemist
#42 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 1:23 PM
its happened to me too, but i will redownload and try it again
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:56 PM
Very useful, i love you!!

;
Test Subject
#44 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 7:57 PM
Well, well... It seems like many different people are having problems with this item. For me it started once I got newer expansions for the game. I know that this item does work, but I cannot seem to get it to work again. I believe it has something to do with the new expansions; like Bon Voyage...
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 12:23 AM
I had problems with it too, but now I just downloaded the newest CEP. Now I'll try in the game. If the recolour keeps not appearing, then I'll ask for help.
Thank you.
(Excuse my bad English ^^'')
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 11:35 PM
I used to have this, it's genius. But now, after Free Time and the latest stuff packs, I redownloaded it and it doesn't show up anymore in the game. My CEP is the latest one. What's wrong with me?? -.-
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:39 AM
I'm having the same problem, I have the newest CEP and OFB, I have all EPs up to Seasons. It doesn't show up, only the default Maxis one, with no options.
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 8:07 AM
Hey, cool object!

But is it true that if you leave the lot with a Sim sitting on the tray, the lot will lock up and freeze?

If it is...... then can I still leave normal objects on the tray when I leave the lot? I know, stupid question, but I was wondering....
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 3:49 PM
Thank you for this!
Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 1:45 AM
Hey could you explain what this is? I'm kind of confused.

Thanks
Page 2 of 4