Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed ears as CAS sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM by CmarNYC : updated information

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 12
Test Subject
#176 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Strange... what operating system are you using? Where do you have your mods installed? (Old Program Files location or new Documents location) Which sliders have you tried? Do they not show up in CAS at all, or do they show but not work?

I put them in the new documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/mods/packages, all my framework is good. I've tried Delphy, Jonha, and pcfreak's sliders, and yours of course, and none have worked. They don't show up at all, oddly enough, all my other mods work. I don't know what you mean by operating system, but I have a MacBook Pro laptop, if that helps. I put my Resource.cfg file in my mods folder. Did I do something wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#177 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 11:44 PM
@dogstarrb: The Points Back slider may make ears bigger depending on what other sliders it's combined with. Try making them smaller with the Ear Size slider, and don't use the Points Up one.

@ilostmypassword: If you're using a Macbook, chances are you're running OSX. I'm not aware of any particular problems with using sliders on a Mac, but I don't have one myself and can't be of much help. It's very odd that only sliders would not work, though. Do you possibly have them in a subfolder and your Resource.cfg doesn't point to subfolders?? That's all I can think of, and it seems unlikely. I suggest you post in the Help forum here on MTS (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551) - maybe someone who knows Mac can help you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#178 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:36 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:19 PM
Does this mod work with patches from LN and onward?

IndigoKarin ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 3:15 AM
LN and Patch = not working. CAS sliders are there but the sliders have no effect what so ever. i have no other CAS mods so it isn't a conflicting file.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#181 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silentlord
LN and Patch = not working. CAS sliders are there but the sliders have no effect what so ever. i have no other CAS mods so it isn't a conflicting file.

They work fine with LN. Please check that you have a core mod to increase the number of CAS sliders the game can use as mentioned in the description, and whether other custom sliders work in your game.
Test Subject
#182 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:56 AM
I have LN and this works for me.
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 11:03 AM
Is there any way to make the ears thinner? I'll try to explain what I'm talking about.

When you use your ear sliders, at some point they begin looking like donkey ears. That would be fine if I were making donkey sims. Is there a means in which we can slim the elongated ears some to make them less donkey? The easiest thing I could compare for the results I'm looking for are like the ears on World of Warcraft Night Elves.

With that said, OMG! I love this sliders! They have allowed me to do so many neat sims. Thank you!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#184 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 2:15 PM
dogstarrb also brought this up, and you're both right although I didn't realize it at the time. With the ears back especially the ears get very wide. The only ways to fix it would be to either do new versions of the existing sliders, which I don't think would be a good idea, or to do one or more additional sliders. I'll have to experiment a little.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#185 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:13 PM
Thank you for the quick reply.

I do hope these experiments aren't too tiresome on you. I know you do this for fun and for free. Your efforts and consideration are deeply appreciated. I do wish you the best of luck and thank you so much for entertaining the idea.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#186 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for your comments, much appreciated! While you're absolutely right that this is a hobby and I don't have infinite time, I like to do what I can for reasonable requests like this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 5:46 PM
I love it, this is an amazing addition to my gameplay!

It would be even more perfect if indeed big ears would be a bit more thin so they don't start to look a bit donkeyish ;-)

Thanks a lot for this upload.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 1:54 PM
Huge thanks for theses. I loved to create sims with elf ears in the sims 2 and I'm happy to see it come back as a great slider. Also, for your information, I have the sims 3 Late Night, Ambitions and Fast Lane Stuff on the newest Steam version and these works.
Test Subject
#189 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 11:52 PM
where do I install them, this is my first mod like this

Sarah
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#190 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah83185
where do I install them, this is my first mod like this

Sarah

Install them the same as any other mod.
Instructor
#191 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 5:15 PM
Since I never posted in here before, I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your mods, especially these ear sliders. In Sims 2, I had a lot of elfy sims, and you have made it possible for me to do so in Sims 3. Your creations are wonderful, and I am really glad I found them, have been using them for a long time now.

Thanks so much for all your hard work!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#192 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 7:13 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#193 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 7:50 AM
This is an incredible mod and I'm thankful for it. Nearly all of the pointed ear mods I've found just look silly, and/or never match the skin tone well enough, but these are great.

My only complaint is my sims seem to be making wide-eyed duck faces now. XD Mind you, I've only tried it on one family (I had this family made and into a house, discovered the mod, binned, and remade 'em.) Everyone in the family had the sliders used on them and everyone's making the duck face.

It may have nothing to do with the mod.. but that's the only changes I've made. Who knows.. Still a great mod to me, as I build more than play, I just wanted an moon elf family for my elven house.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#194 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM
Weird - could you post a picture? I've never seen a change in the rest of the face when using the ear sliders, and never heard of one. The only thing I can think of is that you don't have a mod that increases the number of facial sliders the game uses, and adding these sliders has disabled some of the game sliders and somehow had the duck face effect.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#195 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 1:10 PM
Woohoo, i love the ear slider so much! *-* Now i have perfect elven sims =D Thanks for this amazing slider!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#196 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 3:00 PM
sooo awesome, I really wanted to make some elves so Yay. and thank you so much for making this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
Thanks heaps, I've been looking for elf ears for TS3 for ages!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 5:54 PM
Thank you so very much took me ages to find this!

I love the new sliders (the elves will be invading Barnacle Bay tonight!)

I've tried out the pointy ears sliders ,they work perfectly

Again thank you for uploading and taking the time to make and share this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:17 AM
Another great mod, thank you Cmar.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 5:31 PM
You are spoiling me with this!
Page 8 of 12