Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Foxtail - *updated*

by Atreya Posted 4th Oct 2005 at 11:04 PM - Updated 13th May 2010 at 6:42 PM by CatOfEvilGenius

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 1:37 AM
:jaw: Holy smokes! Now this is something amazing!

Dance little star! Dance!
Check out my uber cool site!!! http://xentariorpg.bravehost.com/
Not a sims 2 site ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 10:19 AM
I'm glad you all like this mesh.

Quote: Originally posted by aimlesscoyote
Hi there! I've been testing the foxtails in my game, and I must say they are great fun. I have two bits of feedback:

* The tails appear to be quite shiny, like plastic. Is there any way to make them more matte or furry-looking?

* The tails don't move very much. They -do- shift along with the pelvis, and that's awesome, but I was wondering if there's any way to make them behave more like hair? Like, sway when the Sims walk, or something. (Unfortunately, I don't know enough about modding Sims2 to know if that's possible.) Just an idea!

Anyway! Thank you again for this very cute addition. Mods like yours make the game much more fun! :3

i tried to get rid of the shiny, plastic look. i looked at the reflectivity of the mesh but i couldn't solve the problem. i noticed accesory meshes of other people had similar issues. the strange thing is teen adult and elder females don't have this problem. if you know how to solve this, please let me know.

this was the best animation i could make. i'm afraid this will have to do for now.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 9:49 AM
*SQUEAL* You are so loved for this! Thank you thank you! I have been pulling for a fox tail for ages
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 2:53 AM
Yeeeaaaa! *runs around the room screaming like a fool* huff, huff, ok now that that's out of my system. I love it! It's adorable! Any chance you might make horse or zebra tail and ears?

Though I go to you
ceaselessly along dream paths,
the sum of those trysts
is less than a single glimpse
granted in the waking world.

-Ono no Komachi
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 4:46 PM
Thank you so much for this massive (and delightful) undertaking. I will use your animal kingdom meshes as I make recolors of my furry skins instead of the original foxtail & ears mesh.

My Sims2 Site - genensims.com
My Art Site - sidneyeileen.com
We Reserve the Right to... oh nevermind.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 2:50 PM
The animal kingdom idea sounds great. And the fox tail and ears are great. I know you said you're not taking requests and I don't know if it fits in with what you want to do, but how about bat wings and a kind of pointed devil tail with maybe some small horns on the forehead? I like how your tail stays on in PJs, etc. and how it can be combined with other accessories.
#57 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 2:06 AM Last edited by CynicalChick : 17th Nov 2005 at 4:08 AM. Reason: that was SO unecessary
Thank You
Instructor
#58 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 2:57 PM
Thanks.Now if only we had a fox skintoone we could have a fox sim.Could you make a two tailed fox?You know two tails in one.
Instructor
#59 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 2:58 PM
Thanks.Now if only we had a fox skintone we could have a fox sim.Could you make a two tailed fox?You know two tails in one.
#60 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:33 PM
I really really want this but i think the link is broken. could someone please email me the files? the fixed tail and the ears? i would be forever indebted!
#61 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:31 PM Last edited by HanyouChuiisiSama : 20th Nov 2005 at 8:45 PM. Reason: forgot email addy
Whoops, here's my email:
[email protected]
uhoh double post :sorry:
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 3:35 AM
They are great, but, shouldn't you change the elders tail and ears to white?? I mean, that way will look like a real elder fox... =P

:*†*: þðñkÿ :*†*:
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Dec 2005 at 5:39 AM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#64 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 6:49 PM
I just can't tell you how awesome you are! This is the best chance I've found for a Shippo yet! You seriously rule!
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 5:07 AM
These are AUSOME~!

But I can't seem top get them to work.. when I try clicking them a message comes up saying I need to double click package files to install thier content.. then when I do double click, the same thing happens..
#66 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 8:43 PM
Akane: Simply move them into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/SavedSims (or something similiar) and they'll be categorized under Glasses.

All of your animal tails/ears rock, but these beat all others. Thanks! But if you can figure how to make them look better (like aimlesscoyote suggested) then I would be SO delighted
Test Subject
#67 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 3:37 PM
«3 Thank you very much for these!
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 9:38 PM
these ears and tails are great!

do you need anymore expansion packs other than the standard Sims 2 to play? Also, how do you install these things???
Test Subject
#69 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 3:39 AM
It would be very cool if there was fox fur to go with! I have the racoon and I need a fox fur and I have looked everywhere for fox fur Please and thank you!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jjlionstar_75
It would be very cool if there was fox fur to go with! I have the racoon and I need a fox fur and I have looked everywhere for fox fur Please and thank you!!!!!!!!

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1040747

And yes, this is quite posably the single best mesh out for TS2 :nod:

A Proud Furry Fan
#71 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 10:04 PM
oh!!! im so happy! but...but...somethings wrong with the fox ears download link....i click it and it gives me this weird anime picture.....*sobs uncontrollably*
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 9:37 PM
I absolutely love your animal kingdom meshes, thank you so much for creating them!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 5:33 PM
wooohooo!! i can finally make an accurate sim of me! (well of my name anyway) thank you! thank you! wooo!!
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 4:01 AM
Thanks for making these. I'm creating some furry Sims for my favorite neighborhood with them and some appropriate recolors.

I Love My Doc Brown Sims
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th May 2006 at 3:53 PM
Thank you very much! The ears and tails are perfect for my werewolf family. Very nicely done.
Page 3 of 5