Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#8101 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:33 PM
New pic: http://instagram.com/p/nyFRT5wlJ9/#
It's nice that we finally get to see some Sims, but by now I'm hungry for proper information, not just pretty pictures.

EDIT: Oops, I'm late. Well, my opinion's still valid, though.
Advertisement
Theorist
#8102 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:59 PM
Apparently they just remodeled that hallway area so that's probably why he's showing it off. I like the short hair cut that actually looks stylish on the new render.
Mad Poster
#8103 Old 9th May 2014 at 7:16 PM
If you go here and go down about half way you will see a pic of all 4 games and if it is the time line of all 4 games then to me it looks like Sims 4 will be close to the same time frame as Sims 1 https://twitter.com/TheSims3 (I don't know how long the pic will last.)

And if we take the "Diamond Ring" is for engagement then it is just before the start of Sims 1.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#8104 Old 9th May 2014 at 7:33 PM
Anyone else feel that they are hinting at Gunther and Cornelia? Maybe they will be in game as Elders (or ghosts) and won't approve of Mortimer marrying Bella. That'd be a nice story-line for the newly engaged.

Could be nothing though.
Instructor
#8105 Old 9th May 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you go here and go down about half way you will see a pic of all 4 games and if it is the time line of all 4 games then to me it looks like Sims 4 will be close to the same time frame as Sims 1 https://twitter.com/TheSims3 (I don't know how long the pic will last.)

And if we take the "Diamond Ring" is for engagement then it is just before the start of Sims 1.

I don't see it! Anyone have a copy they can put up here? Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, I got it . . . thanks.

What do you think it means?

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Theorist
#8106 Old 9th May 2014 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl

The Sims 5 Confirmed? lol just kidding.
Theorist
#8107 Old 9th May 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
The Sims 5 Confirmed? lol just kidding.

I'm just going to drop my Sims 5 request here for when Graham stops by...

(Sims 3 concept art)

ETA: And new PC gamer article about the Russian +18 rating that upset/took everyone by surprise.

The Sims 4 Rated Adults Only in Russia
Test Subject
#8108 Old 9th May 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl
I don't see it! Anyone have a copy they can put up here? Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, I got it . . . thanks.

There you go, I think it's the right one. You can see all the expansion and stuff packs since the first Sims until the Sims 4.

Mad Poster
#8109 Old 9th May 2014 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
ETA: And new PC gamer article about the Russian +18 rating that upset/took everyone by surprise.

Unfortunately, that's not surprising at all -____-
Field Researcher
#8110 Old 9th May 2014 at 8:06 PM
I'm just going to drop my Sims 5 request here for when Graham stops by...

(Sims 3 concept art)
]

You can really see the TS2 influence in that... *sigh*
Mad Poster
#8111 Old 9th May 2014 at 8:08 PM
Yes that is the pic and if you look at it Sims 2 just after Sims1 and Sims 3 way before Sims 1 and see where Sims 4 is and like I said up in my post (#8103) if this is the time line then it is just before Sims 1.

Quote: Originally posted by lovecat
Anyone else feel that they are hinting at Gunther and Cornelia? Maybe they will be in game as Elders (or ghosts) and won't approve of Mortimer marrying Bella. That'd be a nice story-line for the newly engaged.

Could be nothing though.

If it is the time line then they will be in either just before elder life stage or just after.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#8112 Old 9th May 2014 at 8:18 PM
Okay, I see what you mean now . . . I thought it was this one:
Screenshots

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Theorist
#8113 Old 9th May 2014 at 9:22 PM
This seems like it's all but confirming that they will be in TS4, but I might be reading a bit into it.

Instructor
#8114 Old 9th May 2014 at 9:41 PM
I hope the new trailer is gameplay of the Goths/the Goth timeline. Or at least that there are hints in there somewhere! When they say trailer, do they mean just an advert or what?

Bustin' Out!
Theorist
#8115 Old 9th May 2014 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
I hope the new trailer is gameplay of the Goths/the Goth timeline. Or at least that there are hints in there somewhere! When they say trailer, do they mean just an advert or what?

I think someone slipped in the word "trailer" at one point in the flurry of photos and reports. The actual picture was accompanied by "See them star in an all-new #TheSims4 video next Wednesday." Video was also mentioned in the spanish translation.

Could be an in-game/staged video.. not a trailer, which I think would be externally rendered. That'll likely be at E3.
Instructor
#8116 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:10 PM
I think someone slipped in the word "trailer" at one point in the flurry of photos and reports. The actual picture was accompanied by "See them star in an all-new #TheSims4 video next Wednesday." Video was also mentioned in the spanish translation.

Could be an in-game/staged video.. not a trailer, which I think would be externally rendered. That'll likely be at E3.

ah ok, thanks for the info! I hope it's a gameplay demo and not just a trailer as in a tv-ad trailer sort of thing! Even a neighbourhood/environment fly-through would be pretty cool

also another question (not sure if it's the right place but it seems relevant) - how are renders created? Are they just in-game pictures that are photoshopped, or are they created externally out of game altogether?

Bustin' Out!
Theorist
#8117 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:15 PM

The word trailer originated from this post on Facebook. I'd think the words could be used interchangeably though -- it's all promotional. But it sounds like Simmers have different expectations when they hear trailer rather than video? Either or, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever they have for us.
Instructor
#8118 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:15 PM

I don't understand what all the hype is when it's been rated the same in Australia already for the earlier versions, which likely means it will be for TS4 there as well. Other countries do not have the same rating systems as the US and it's ridiculous to assume they do.

As far as the Morty and Bella pic, it looks mostly good, but her feet are warped or something and that chair looks terrible. We really won't know anything about how things will look in this game until we see actual game-play footage. It would be cool to see these characters in TS4.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#8119 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 9th May 2014 at 10:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
I don't understand what all the hype is when it's been rated the same in Australia already for the earlier versions, which likely means it will be for TS4 there as well. Other countries do not have the same rating systems as the US and it's ridiculous to assume they do.

It's always had the teen equivalent before in Russia and the only reason it received the +18 rating was because of new anti-gay legislation passed last year. It's very upsetting.

"@ TheSimsInRussia 18 + has been assigned in accordance with the law number 436-FZ “On the protection of children from information harmful to their health and development.” -- From my post.

And the Mature rating in Australia has this definition: "Mature (M) – Contains material that may require a mature perspective but is not deemed too strong for younger viewers. Not recommended for young children but not legally restricted. The content is moderate in impact." Which is nothing like the Russian rating.
Instructor
#8120 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:32 PM
Laws change all the time everywhere, and while I'm against treating anyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, etc., in a harmful manner, I don't see that a law trying to protect children is meant to promote harm to other individuals.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#8121 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:36 PM
Laws change all the time everywhere, and while I'm against treating anyone, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, etc., in a harmful manner, I don't see that a law trying to protect children is meant to promote harm to other individuals.

I'm just going to go with the assumption you haven't bothered to actually read any of the linked to legislation and leave it at that.
Field Researcher
#8122 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:52 PM
I'm just going to go with the assumption you haven't bothered to actually read any of the linked to legislation and leave it at that.

Or she's blind.
Instructor
#8123 Old 9th May 2014 at 10:57 PM

I can't see it as protecting children since there's nothing wrong with homosexuality to begin with. Children usually find out quite early if they're gay or hetero and should be taught that it doesn't matter, they're just as precious no matter their sexual orientation. Russia is really getting extreme about this matter in my opinion.
Lab Assistant
#8124 Old 10th May 2014 at 12:18 AM

Could be nothing though.

I agree lovcat... it'd be great to have them there if it is circa Sims 1/ pre sims 1. But then they were also tweeting about Xander vs Alexander Goth... so maybe they're just having fun tweeting about the Goths? It would be really fun to have them though, and as you say to have them disapproving of Bella or something. Let the games begin XD

Just quietly though, if its true that this game is pre Sims 1 at least in the case of the Goths, I will be kind of bummed out on the one hand, because with the other I will be trying desperately to play in a way which brings about the same set up as we had in Sims 2. A sequel would have been much more fun for me personally.
Field Researcher
#8125 Old 10th May 2014 at 12:18 AM
Anyone who actually wants to 'protect kids' should probably take a good, hard look at what's happening to gay kids in places like Russia or Uganda and think about who really needs protecting.

On topic, I like everything that's coming out lately in terms of art. Sims look better than TS3 default Sims did; here's hoping the gameplay actually follows through on that improvement.
Locked thread
Page 325 of 817