Replies: 562 (Who?), Viewed: 68101 times.
Page 20 of 23
Test Subject
#476 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
That would be a rather complicated mod I think, not only would it require animations for child to elder, but scripting and injecting a whole new function that is either genetic trait or some sort of accident at work etc... It can be done, but a person must be really dedicated.

Yeah I know, hence why it's a mod that I wish existed but likely never will - I definitely won't be making it
Mad Poster
#477 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 11:19 AM
A night market mod where you can shop in the town square when the festivals aren't running and you can buy items you can't normally get for decoration or for whatever use depending on your EPs like flying brooms or wands for Supernatural.

Just a suggestion of possible ideas.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#478 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 2:08 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 15th Apr 2021 at 3:54 PM.
Do sort of wish handling babies & toddlers was more seamless & continuous when moving between actions, so that you don’t have babies lying on the ground all the time!
Field Researcher
#479 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 10:19 PM
I want a mod that makes negative moodlets hit double or triple as hard. I want to see my sims miserable more often . Also to make up for the harder moodlets, would be nice if wishes granted more award points so as to makeup for the passive life points gain while in elated mood.
Instructor
#480 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 11:07 PM
@tysika, It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's worth checking out:
https://modthesims.info/d/432449/mo...ood-flavor.html
Field Researcher
#481 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
@tysika, It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it's worth checking out:
https://modthesims.info/d/432449/mo...ood-flavor.html

Thank you! I downloaded it. It helps a bit although I don't like having positive moodlets weight less, I wish it just made negative ones more OP. Maybe I can edit it myself, tho (I'm so lazy to learn ahhh).
Instructor
#482 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 2:18 PM
Lab Assistant
#483 Old 4th May 2021 at 4:42 PM
I am currently very jealous of the fostering mod the sims4 has
Mad Poster
#484 Old 5th May 2021 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead_kay

The one by littlemssam? I wonder if something like this could be implemented in TS3, considering that it's an elaborated version of the adoption system with some additional gatekeeping interactions...
Instructor
#485 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I wish there was a mod for everyone to automatically wash their hands after using the toilet. I have one that works on ALMOST everyone but excludes slobs from it. Come on people, slobbyness is a sliding scale!

@BlackjackGabbiani : The mod from bluegenjutsu :SimsAlwaysFlushToilets-AndWashHands?
You can download different flavour http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ays-auto-flush/
Instructor
#486 Old 5th May 2021 at 7:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead_kay

I have foster kids in TS3 though it is not an actual feature or a mod but it works all the same except I would be using actual infants, toddlers, kids and teens in the neighborhood that are not in good home conditions. But so far I have only one family with two foster kids because their parents were neglectful. However, the parents are allowed to still be involved in their children lives if they wish and I do invite them to birthday's and holiday parties but I don't think I will ever give them back custody. And the parents have another child plus one more on the way. I will leave them alone unless I notice they neglect them too then I will put them up in a foster home as well. But so far, so good. Hopefully they learned that me, the player, is going to step in if they don't step up.

And here's a storyline the A.I. is playing out. So one of the foster kids, Jodi, has a huge crush on Cairo. Now because they are literally foster children and not adopted into the family which I did not want to do because then that would overwrite their biological parents, this is something I noticed. I am quite curious as to when they age up to teens will she still like him or maybe she has had a change of heart with Zaire, Cairo's older brother, instead who has a crush on her. I never get bored with the A.I. driven stories because there is always something developing, something new, drama and so on. Dynamic not static.

Jodi (Foster child) and Cairo.

Ren (Foster child-Jodi's brother.)

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Test Subject
#487 Old 8th May 2021 at 6:32 PM
1) a mod that allows sims to use the phone while sitting or walking
2) a mod that enables sims to create and run a blog from their computer - this is how most of the blogging is done.
3) the mod that makes sims do more conversational interactions when sitting - it is weird that that have to stand up to tell each other jokes or to ask someone a question. Sims already can chat while sitting, so why not make this option available for other interactions where the sims are basically just talking to each other.
4) the mod that enables adding singers to LN bands - this is what EA should have done.
5) the ability to design the sims' costumes for Spooky Day or whatever other occasions they are wearing the costumes for. I hate it when they show up dressed as hot dogs, or other random sh*t, if I want to make a themed party, where everyone invited should be dressed in a certain way, such as medieval or futuristic clothes.

Check out my YouTube channel and Tumblr - I'm renovating Twinbrook
Test Subject
#488 Old 21st May 2021 at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaaab

Man do I wish there was a mod... Anyone else?

When you hover over the time, you can see how many weeks and days have elapsed
I'd like to see a mod that changes the "Week 9, Day 1" format to something like "Year 1, Month 2, Day 8"

The mod would have settings allowing you to define how many days make up a month, and if you would like a four-month (one season, one month) or 12-month year (as IRL) year.
Forum Resident
#489 Old 21st May 2021 at 11:28 AM
I'd just like to point out that a mod for the very first wish that kicked off this thread now exists. Sims 3 is not dead yet.
Field Researcher
#490 Old 24th May 2021 at 2:13 AM
I wish there was an actual inheritance mod.

how the sims allows us to have loans at the business building (that could be nraas story progression, i've used it so long, i don't know if EA is doing that or Nraas), there should be a mod at the business building where they can allow us to set up an inheritance for anyone in town and that sim can keep going to the business building to keep adding money.

Instead of the first born or their children getting money, it could be a nephew or cousin or something.
Test Subject
#491 Old 25th May 2021 at 7:52 PM
I wish there was a mod that added proper skill icons for skill certificates of ITF skills. It really bothers me when I reach level 10 in Bot Building for example, and the certificate has the icon of the scuba diving skill.
Scholar
#492 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Elynda : 7th Jun 2021 at 2:35 PM.
If I've posted about this before (really can't remember) I apologize, but it has become a pet peeve of mine.

I really wish there was a mod that stopped my sims bosses and workmates from buggering off to become singers, magicians or acrobats. It really isn't such a problem in pre-populated worlds, where those sims will be residents and already employed. They tend to stay in the job. But in worlds that I have populated myself it is a real pain. It is also a problem in worlds where a career didn't previously exist: for example, in Roaring Heights, where their isn't a film studio to start with, but I usually place one myself. My sim joins the career, and the game then goes and recruits unemployed homeless sims as their boss and workmates. Which would be fine, except that along comes Showtime and lures them off with the tantalizing prospect of earning a few coins performing on street corners, come wind, rain, blizzard or tempest. Yeah, that's the life for a sim! Who'd want to be CEO of a company, earn a huge salary, and work in a nice warm office? Who'd want to be a glamorous movie star?

Well, whatever! They never stay in a job long enough for my sims to get to know or befriend them, and the same thing will happen to their replacements. If I didn't set Nraas Overwatch to run their sorry asses out of town there would be a veritable plague of itinerant crooners, conjurors and, worse of all, street mimes!

I've been told that you can use Nraas Story Progression to stop this happening, but that is quite a big busy mod and really tanks performance in my game. So if somebody could make a more lightweight, standalone mod, I would very much appreciate it.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#493 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 1:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
If I've posted about this before (really can't remember) I apologize, but it has become a pet peeve of mine.

I really wish there was a mod that stopped my sims bosses and workmates from buggering off to become singers, magicians or acrobats. It really isn't such a problem in pre-populated worlds, where those sims will be residents and already employed. They tend to stay in the job. But in worlds that I have populated myself it is a real pain. It is also a problem in worlds where a career didn't previously exist: for example, in Roaring Heights, where their isn't a film studio to start with, but I usually place one myself. My sim joins the career, and the game then goes and recruits unemployed homeless sims as their boss and workmates. Which would be fine, except that along comes Showtime and lures them off with the tantalizing prospect or earning a few coins performing on street corners, come wind, rain, blizzard or tempest. Yeah, that's the life for a sim! Who'd want to be CEO of a company, earn a huge salary, and work in a nice warm office? Who'd want to be a glamorous movie star?

Well, whatever! They never stay in a job long enough for my sims to get to know or befriend them, and the same thing will happen to their replacements. If I didn't set Nraas Overwatch to run their sorry asses out of town there would be a veritable plague of itinerant crooners, conjurors and, worse of all, street mimes!

I've been told that you can use Nraas Story Progression to stop this happening, but that is quite a big busy mod and really tanks performance in my game. So if somebody could make a more lightweight, standalone mod, I would very much appreciate it.

This- I wish the game sort of hard-locked NPC sims into their careers.

I think NRAAS can fix this to a degree, right?
Forum Resident
#494 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 2:46 PM
Didn't Shimrod have a lighter SP mod over at the Asylum that only tweaked certain parameters of EA SP? Not sure if it specifically affected careers though. Never used it.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#495 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 7:29 AM
I wished there was a mod that would let sims paint a custom picture that was put into a folder a la Sims 2, instead of going through the hassle of manually replacing or adding pictures with a .package file. If I had in-depth C# skills I would try to make one myself.
Test Subject
#496 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 11:30 AM
I wish there was a mod that added dynamic titles to Sim names. Like when you reach Level 10 in political, it would say President [Sim name], or when you reach a certain level in medical or science career it would say Dr. [Sim name], or when you become a vampire with immortal LTR it would say Lord/Lady [Sim name] etc. If you have multiple titles you would be able to choose which one you want and so on. I think it would be a cool addition. Maybe even give specific benefits for specific titles?
Top Secret Researcher
#497 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 12:15 AM
I wish there was a mod to make restaurant employees wash the dishes so the customer sims can just sit and have coffee or whatever. I think it's dumb that they clean up after themselves. If such a mod exists, please let me know!
Mad Poster
#498 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyFernlily
I wish there was a mod to make restaurant employees wash the dishes so the customer sims can just sit and have coffee or whatever. I think it's dumb that they clean up after themselves. If such a mod exists, please let me know!

What I usually do is put the kitchen, where the sinks and dishwashers would be, behind a door that only staff can get into by way of NRaas GoHere or the Barrier to Entry system. But that means also locking the bathrooms, not having any, or not having any bathroom sinks. Not sure which of those is the worst of the three, but I think some players might use the all-in-ones on such lots since sims can't wash dishes in them.
Instructor
#499 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 5:14 AM
It would be neat if there was a way to lock a household's funds amount when you're not playing. I have to keep a record of the amounts at the end of my cycle and then alter them when I go back. It would be nice if I could skip that step!

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
#500 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 6:13 PM
It may be likely not many, if anyone at all except for me, would have any use for this type of mod.

Long story short: I play multiple worlds in rotation according to the main starter neighborhood which is Moonlight Falls. I am currently playing 2 Sim years at a time for each world which takes a really, really long time to finish just one round. And the more worlds I add, the longer a round is. So the length of seasons and a year in my game is the realistic version TS3-style.

Seasons
Spring ------93 days
Summer ----94 days
Autumn ----89 days
Winter ------89 days
Year---------365 days

It would be very helpful to fast forward time, as in, the weeks and days. But, not only that, to also automatically and accurately adjust all the Sims and cats/kittens/dogs/puppies/horses/foals ages to reflect that passage of time. And of course accordingly age up those whose birthday(s) would have passed. If a mod like that existed, it would be a lot quicker to get through not only the round, but also the generations.

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Page 20 of 23