Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:43 PM
CMAR caused NRAAS to malfunction. Now NRAAS doesn't work even after 3 reinstalls.
I have been playing Sims 3 since it came out in 2009. I was great at it. I used all the cool mods - NRAAS, CMAR, Pose Player, lots of CC. My lap top was in a car accident in 2019. I just got a comparable lap top to play games last week. Everything worked fine. Bridgeport and Twin Brook disappeared but I can live with that. I went slow adding my CC and Mods a little at a time. I added CMAR so I could have more spaces for tats and skins and sliders. Then, NRAAS stopped working. No more editing or controlling things with NRAAS. I have uninstalled the ENTIRE Sims 3 and Origin files from my Add Programs three different times and it still does not work. I have added mods slowly but adding NRAAS does not move. I am wondering if I lost something that makes it work? Can anyone help? I have not put CMAR back in since NRAAS stopped working. All my mods are the last update available.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:27 AM Last edited by igazor : 17th Jul 2021 at 1:12 PM.
Mods do not function at the program level, there is no point in reinstalling the game or fiddling with Origin if one is having a mod conflict issue. It's always the TS3 user game folder in Documents that carries the mods and they work from there, on top of and not inside of the game program. A fresh start would be to pull this folder out or rename it and let the game generate a new no-content one on the next startup.

CmarNYC's XCAS and NRaas mods are compatible with each other but one needs to take extra steps if using the full version so that both XCAS and MasterController are allowing for exactly the same number of sliders as each other or else unexpected things can happen. And yes, we can provide more detailed info and help at NRaas than here.

Bridgeport and Twinbrook disappearing sounds more like you are having an issue with some of the EPs not loading at startup. The mods do not cause nor can they prevent that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 4:15 PM
And I can confirm that CmarNYC's tattoo mod works with Nraas (MC, DE, Overwatch, etc), as I use them both and never had a problem--I'm on patch 1.69 with all EPs, and these are ones I use:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 10:19 PM
There's the problem. 1.69 is famous for breaking a LOT of mods, esp script mods (I would know, I went through it with my 100+ mods folder when it dropped *shudders*). 1.67 is the one before it and the safest old patch to keep the game at if you want to keep mods running. If you play via disk, make sure to set the game to not auto update itself in origin. If you play digitally on origin, it'll always be on 1.69.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2022 at 8:49 AM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Jun 2022 at 9:10 AM.
Am sure you are trying to be helpful, but Patch 1.69 does not break Script Mods and is not famous for doing so. It does have an effect on Core Mods, but only because the internal build number may not be what Core Mods expect it to be. Other than managing the way the game starts up and providing the often delicate and easy to break Launcher "features," Patches 1.67 and 1.69 are identical once the game is up and running.

I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience with your game, and I do agree that 1.69 and the Origin requirement are obnoxious and totally unnecessary which is why I eventually paid for the Steam version when it went on sale and reverted back to 1.67 myself especially after continuously having to play hide-and-seek with my own EPs. But if 1.69 appears to be breaking Script Mods (and the same for 1.70 for those running the 64-bit Mac version) in-game, there really has to be a contributing factor other than just the patch level rising.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2022 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Am sure you are trying to be helpful, but Patch 1.69 does not break Script Mods and is not famous for doing so. It does have an effect on Core Mods, but only because the internal build number may not be what Core Mods expect it to be. Other than managing the way the game starts up and providing the often delicate and easy to break Launcher "features," Patches 1.67 and 1.69 are identical once the game is up and running.

I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience with your game, and I do agree that 1.69 and the Origin requirement are obnoxious and totally unnecessary which is why I eventually paid for the Steam version when it went on sale and reverted back to 1.67 myself especially after continuously having to play hide-and-seek with my own EPs. But if 1.69 appears to be breaking Script Mods (and the same for 1.70 for those running the 64-bit Mac version) in-game, there really has to be a contributing factor other than just the patch level rising.

Atleast you didn't have much trouble, I just remember loads of people having trouble with 1.69 and most core/ script mods I see to this day only work on 1.67 and back. Hope you two have more luck on 1.69 than the rest of us!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2022 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LegendofLink
Atleast you didn't have much trouble, I just remember loads of people having trouble with 1.69 and most core/ script mods I see to this day only work on 1.67 and back. Hope you two have more luck on 1.69 than the rest of us!

I'm speaking on behalf of the players I've helped and supported over the years at NRaas and on the official EA site, can't really count how many that might have been. I didn't mean to imply that I was relying only on my own experiences to draw any conclusions. Players did indeed have trouble with 1.69, and some still do especially if they wish to play offline all of the time as many of us on 1.67 still prefer to do. But it's not Script/Core Mods that cause these problems.

We've looked at the actual patch code at NRaas. There are no Script/Core Mods that will work on 1.67 only (but not 1.69/1.70) or 1.69 only (but not 1.67/1.70) once we get past the potential core version mismatch warning. If you ever see "1.67 only" or "1.69 only" on Script Mods, that really means the developer did not have access to the other patches/install types to test. Not that it won't work exactly the same once the game starts up.

Now game utilities like EasyCASP Editor, SaveCleaner, and the pack selector are a different matter. But those aren't really "mods" the way we usually think of them.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LegendofLink
There's the problem. 1.69 is famous for breaking a LOT of mods, esp script mods (I would know, I went through it with my 100+ mods folder when it dropped *shudders*).

You misunderstood me--I was confirming that Cmar's core mod & Nraas BOTH worked together WITH 1.69 on all EPs--the update did not affect either mod in my game at all. Cmar's mod has a 1.69 version, and that's the one I use, so there's no reason for it to cause issues.