Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 7:32 PM
that actualy didn't solve my problem.... oh well... i'm gonna try it with milkshape.... :P
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 10:24 AM
.simpe files into .package files
Quote: Originally posted by _OMERTA_
Wings 3D is WAY bette than MilkShape, i've made the best objects on it(only 2 so far, a helicopter and a revolver, which I will put up for download once I learn how to convert *simpe files to *package files)

does anyone here know how to convert them?

From what I know you cant. .simpe files are resources. I might be wrong, but its better to put your meshes in GMDC of your objects (the way it is done in the tutorial.) I know you want to here that i can, but looking at this post its made me think it can be done. It will say somewhere on the internet but dont get your hopes high. :sorry:
Test Subject
#128 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 11:42 AM
i cant download simPE...help???
Part-time Hermit
#129 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elinmalman
i cant download simPE...help???

What is your problem when you try to download it? The site seems to be working fine for me. Go here and then click on the Downloads link.
Test Subject
#130 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 9:01 PM
To all those who couldn't get the Geometric Data Container to show up:

When cloning the object be sure the box "reference original mesh" is unchecked... this will cause the program to load the original mesh into the package for you, since an object can't show without a mesh... and that's when the GDC shows up! Of course, if you don't have the proper extensions installed you will get an error when you click on it, but you can read the FAQ on the SimPE site to find out how to fix that

I read this entire thread three times and didn't find anyone who had said how to fix this, so I hope I helped!
Inventor
Original Poster
#131 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 1:53 PM
Thanks Khallayne for the info! Could I put it on the main thread with credit to you???
Test Subject
#132 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 5:09 AM
When I click your site http://d2x.examp.com/DSims/, All I have is a 404 not found
Please Help Me WWAAAHHH!!!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#133 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:19 PM
Our server was taken by the RIAA because I rented part out to a friend who put copyrighted material on his portion without my knowledge . So the site isn't there anymore.
Scholar
#134 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 1:48 PM
Thanks for part 1, I'm looking forward to trying the tutorial out
I also didn't get part two,
will you be uploading it here?

thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#135 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 3:25 AM
Where is it
Test Subject
#136 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 3:36 PM
I'm not able to download Wings 3D from the site put on this page and I don't know why. Can you give me an other link where I can download it free? Thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#137 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 8:22 PM
Moonlight, Parts 2 and 3 were all uploaded. The PDF only includes parts 1 and 2, but Part 3 is of no use and is just unnecessary info.

Zeph, an exact guide to the Wings 3D download link:

1. Go to http://www.wings3d.com/
2. On the left, there is a small window that says 'Latest Stable Rel: 0.98.32a' or something similar. If you have Windows, click the link 'win' underneath that line. If you have Mac OS X, press 'mac'.
3. Click any of the download links.
4. Follow the instructions at the top.
5. WOO-HOO! You win! :P
Scholar
#138 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 9:33 PM
Ok, thanks for the reply

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#139 Old 3rd May 2006 at 6:17 PM
Not sure if I'm having a ditzy day but I followed everything right up to step 27, and the endtable that I opened into Wings 3d next to the mesh shape, is on its side with the legs going into the shape, (basically not upright like yours).

Any ideas as to what I have done wrong?

You can also find some of my creations at http://www.spicysims.com
Test Subject
#140 Old 5th May 2006 at 1:00 PM
thnx!
Test Subject
#141 Old 6th May 2006 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
No problem. I'm tryuing to decide what tutorial I'll make next. Suggestions?

If you haven't already started on a different one, I would love to see a hair meshing tutorial with Wings3D.

A slight inclination of the cranium is as adequate as a spasmodic movement of one optic to an equine quadruped utterly devoid of any visionary capacity.
Test Subject
#142 Old 8th May 2006 at 11:37 PM
When I try to save the model in uv mapper it says that the save function has been disabled and same with the import button. What do I do? IT says to register but do I have to pay to register. If not where do I register?

Please respond quickly.

Thanks!!
Test Subject
#143 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:53 PM
Im so confused! Not with the working, but i just can't install all the programs! You know like wing3d! HELP!! but THANKS for this side! im so glad!

-Malster
Test Subject
#144 Old 9th May 2006 at 6:47 PM
okay... thanks! I need help with a nother thing. ive installed it now. But in step 20-21... there are written like: "file or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX or one of its dependencies, was not found"... what is that?!´what can i do? and i dont think that it in step 12 did commit, so i tried again some times but it doesnt work!?! pleeaase help! great guide! thanks alot!
Part-time Hermit
#145 Old 10th May 2006 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ginn123
okay... thanks! I need help with a nother thing. ive installed it now. But in step 20-21... there are written like: "file or assembly name Microsoft.DirectX or one of its dependencies, was not found"... what is that?!´what can i do? and i dont think that it in step 12 did commit, so i tried again some times but it doesnt work!?! pleeaase help! great guide! thanks alot!

If this error message appears in SimPE, it means you will have to install managed direct X 9 that there is a link to at the SimPE download page. You need that for working with meshes.
Test Subject
#146 Old 10th May 2006 at 5:51 PM
okay thanks.. can you give me a link to it?
Part-time Hermit
#147 Old 10th May 2006 at 5:53 PM
It's at the same page where you downloaded SimPE at the SimPE site .
Test Subject
#148 Old 10th May 2006 at 5:54 PM
ive found it! great! thanks!!
Test Subject
#149 Old 10th May 2006 at 6:31 PM
when does part 3 arrive? I love the help the first 2 parts gave! thanks... :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#150 Old 11th May 2006 at 12:16 PM
Part 3 is already here. It's on the site. Only thing is that I couldn't update the PDF yet.
Page 6 of 18