Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 9:55 PM
Default Batman lovers HELP with Poison Ivy!!!
This is my BEST sim (and DC hero), Poison Ivy. Actually, i don't like the way she is sketched at the comics or in the videogames, sometimes she looks more like a man rather than woman!So i've made my own version of her where she is sweet, sexy and juicy!

I've been hearing opinions that she needs a more curved body, or her face is not unique and that she does not give the sense to others that she can be only the Poison Ivy and no one other!
Is it true?Please let me know what do you think, i used to think that she was perfect but now i am having doubts...
Every opinion highly appreciated.
Advertisement
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
She looks good, but her facial structure looks too much like a default Maxis template. You should work on that bit, it will make a great difference For her body, you could use some curvy body mesh, I know there are some, but I don't have the link at the moment. I'd also like to see her with bigger hair, not sure is there a suitable free hair, but I'll take a look.

I hope you'll keep working on her, she does have potential!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:13 PM
Oh,thank you,that's realy encouraging( i was about to abadon her after the rejection letter)but her face is a real problem...I dont want to make her face like the picture..i made her like this because i wanted her like this.. The letter says the same, she's not unique.If i change her face, she will not be a Poison Ivy for me, but a strainger..As for the skin, i think it is the appropriate skin, it is green with small leaf textures and shiny..
I can't find anything wrong with her so that she should be rejected!
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM
The skin is good, I just thought a body mesh which is a bit more curvy would look better. I honestly do think her face is not unique enough, no offense, but you could play around with sliders a bit and see where that takes you. You don't have to change her to a point where she won't be Poison Ivy to you, only make her face stand out more. I say this because it is the only way you'll get her accepted here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:46 PM
Well, if you say it..it must be true....I gonna change her face and make her somehow more attractive.
How do i use a body mesh?(And where do i find it) is it the cloth she is wearing i have to change?I feel confused..
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:05 PM
It doesn't really matter what I think or say, it's just a rule here, a sim's face really has to stand out to get through. I had my sims rejected several times for not being unique enough, it can be frustrating, especially when you think they look great just as they are She is pretty tho, just tweak her to stands out from a crowd more.

You can get a nude body mesh (basically it's "clothing") and then edit/recolor it as you wish. Here you go:

Warlokk body meshes

Hope it helps!!
#7 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:48 AM
If you need help as far as the facial structure goes, post up a picture of her with only maixs content, meaning items that came with the game, a nice closeup of her face. If you want your sim to look like the lovely picture you included, I have some suggestions, if you want them, let me know!

Also, as per the rules, you have to create some content for your sim if you want to upload her.

Create Content For Your "Other" Sims: While we appreciate the effort you may spend tweaking your sim's face sculpt, sims uploaded to the "other" category wearing a bunch of content not made by the uploader, even with a non-Maxis face, are unlikely to be accepted. With over 100 pages worth of "Other" sims already uploaded, the goal is not just to create a unique face but a truly unique overall look that gives someone a good reason to download your sim over the 2500+ already on the site. Create a new hair recolour, eyes, beauty marks, lipstick, clothing, or the like for your sim to create a unique overall look that truly adds to the feeling and look of your sim. For good examples of what we mean by this - unique faces as well as unique content made by the sim creator, see Kamikitten's Emily and Robert Hawkwood or Zombiejill's Jill.

This can be found in the link below also.

Here are the rules about unique sims:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=204980
Number 9

I also agree about the bodyshape, you should create the outfit that you pictured (from the comic) on some of the warlokk shapes.

I suggest the Enhanced 36D-28-34 as a size for her, its shapely yet her boobs aren't ridiculously over sized.

Which skin are you using?Can you post a link? Thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 1:53 PM
Ah, ok, i can understand now why she got rejected!Because i dont do things others do!Ok, believe it or not my face(myself) is a maxis face!What does this mean?Because of this i cant belong nowhere?Even if her face is something usual it is a creative opinion of the creator that imagined her like this!But ok i will make it more sculptured..And dont ever thing that this is a difficult part, to make unique faces.I do it every day just for gaming sims!
As for the rules..i've tried to create my own content.My SimPE will never gather meshes parts,and i will never find a *** solution because no one helps me in the creator issues!
Despite of all these, i really want to hear your suggestions they're all appreciated.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:43 PM
It doesn't mean you belong nowhere if you have a face that's like Maxis template...the issue is that anyone can take a maxis default face and put some CC on it. A sim for upload has to be different, in order to attract the downloader, it has to be something one cannot make himself that easy. I know you've imagined her this way, but you do need to edit her face to get her accepted. You don't have to make your own meshes, you can just make some make-up, recolor or something, nothing too complicated, just something that will make the sim a bit more of your own
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:48 PM
You don't have to use sim PE at all. Just download a Warlokk mesh(or another mesh) of the shape you want, then add different textures to it using bodyshop and photoshop/gimp or whatever you use.

I'd make her eyes a bit more slanted with a slightly pointier chin. The things is though, I can't really see her face from your pics, and I'm really basing my critique off your avatar.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:05 AM
She's really cool!I think she's nearly perfect!

What I do...I do it for friendship!
-Terra<3
(I adore this guy!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:28 AM
Oh, thank you all!!!Everyone's too helpfull..Ok then, i will change the skintone and make it more curvy, her face, her eyes and make up and i'm thinking of chainging her outfit too,make it more leafy..The problem is that her skintone is an unknown CC and i cant use it if i don't know to whom belongs...
I am posting the skin here as the Vampire of death asked it.

http://www.easy-share.com/191082891...nVines (AC).zip
#13 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:38 PM
Thanks, did you make it? I was just asking because I had never seen it before and I thought you made it. If you want to know who made it, post over at WCIF with pictures of your sim, they maybe able to you where you got the original.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:51 PM
Unfortunatelly,no i did not make it and i don't know where i got it too..But i love it so much that i want to make it mine!Tell me, if i make a recolor of this(and improve the leaf textures) can it be legally mine?
And are skins linked to meshes?It has been a long confuse in my head this..
#15 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Vampire_of_Death : 7th Jun 2010 at 9:39 PM.
Nope, the skins are separate than clothing meshes.

And no, the texture would still belong to the original creator, you would have to credit them for the base texture. But from what I see the leaf texture is on the outfit, not the skin. But I could be wrong.

Here is where the skin is from:
Without leaves:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph....html#msg886979

With leaves:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph....html#msg880366

Here is the member ID on MTS:
http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=449396

SO, you will have to pm them for permission or not edit the skin.

I think before you start creating things, you should take a look over here at some tutorials.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...thing_Tutorials

BUT before we start worrying about downloads and creating things for Poison Ivy, we need to work on the facial structure of your sim. Can you please post a picture of your Poison Ivy without anything that you have downloaded. We can then work on her shape.

Here is what I mean, the top two sims are with CC (custom content) while the bottom two aren't. This picture is kind of showing you how having a Maxis sim (sim 2 & 4) can be easily achieve but with a few facial tweaks and changes, your sim can look a million time better, more unique, and look realistic.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:31 PM
Oh, thank you but be sure that i didn't find the skin here in MTS2 i think that i found it in the exchange of The sims 2 community(should i give this link in the upload?).
Yes i've seen this Batman Arkham Asylum version Poison Ivy, but i have to say that i dont like this skin much, it's missing the light from the skin i have..The more the light and the shadows the more the curves of the body!(i think..)
Here are some "nude" face images from bodyshop:

And with make up:
#17 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:34 PM
I actually found the skin myself, I just updated my post of you want to check it out.

Your first picture isn't working for me, so I don't know whats in it, but you need to post a picture of your sim facing forward with no makeup, no custom skin, so a just a normal colored skin that came with the game.So she looks like a sim that came with the game.

This is because some skin and some makeup can change the way a sim look and your biggest concern in the structure. Without that, no matter how much content you make or how amazing it is, the sim will still not be unique enough.

This is just for reference, then we can build on that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:41 PM
Ah, no custom skin ok.Hope this helps:

#19 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:05 PM
Alrighty, that is what we need, good job! So, do you have a certain picture of her that you want her to look like, if not, I have some suggestions.
[IMG]http://www.alexross.com/CP1289-Pretty-Poison.jpg
[/IMG]

I know you don't lie the Arkam Ivy, but how about herfacial structure?

But if you don't like any of mine and can't find one yourself, pick a favorite celebrity that you think would make a good Ivy and we can use that structure.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:27 PM
So, it is required to have my PI or any other DC hero based to an image?Sounds too demanding but ok i will..
So i have to change:
1)the face
2)Skin
3)Make up
4)The outfit
ut i dont want to change the hair, i believe it's the ideal for her...anything else?
#21 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:47 PM
No, you don't HAVE to base it on a picture, it is just easier to use a picture of a person that looks simliar to what you want. So for example, If I was to make Harley, I would use a picture of a pretty woman that has a similar facial structure to what see in my head. Then, that way, if I think something looks off, or lost my place, I always have a source to work off of. I just wanted to make sure that before I give any advice for structure that you didn't have a specific look in mind already.

I see no reason why you have to change everything you listed, the skin is perfect in my opinion, just use the one you have. I linked to it above.

At the moment, lets forget any content. Just pretend that she is just a maxis sim and that is all the content you have available. You really need to focus on the face. Don't worry about anything else, we will get to that I promise. Just set it aside.

So, face. Do you have any ideas how you want her to look? If you don;t have a picture, just describe what you think, as a character, Poison Ivy would look like. Would her lips be turn up i a smile or in a frown, would her eyebrows be close and angry or soft and kind, etc.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:04 AM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 8th Jun 2010 at 9:14 AM.
Well, you're right i'll focus on her face.
Those pics i think are ideal for my preferences..:

They're all lovely.. :lovestruc
#23 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:33 AM
So one thing that is prominate in all of her pictures is her lips. With those, I would:
-make her lips a click or two shorter, length wise
-A more curved top lip, so it indents more by a click or two
-A click or two plumper

Jaw:
-Make it a bit more square, so its a bit longer back by the ears
-Make the chin a click higher towards the lips

Nose:
-Make nostrils a click wider
-Move the nose down two or three clicks

Eyes:
- make them a few clicks more squinty, more closed
-one click closer together
-move eyebrows down a click

-move entire face up a click or two.

So use these suggestion to help shape her face, use the pictures while you are doing it, fix it. I did it all by eye, so once you have an update, we will look at it again. Just remember to post pictures without any custom skin or makeup.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:28 PM
Ok she will be coming soon(gonna take much of my time so i leave it for the weekend) but don't her eyebrows need an update too?
#25 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:32 AM
I included my suggestions for the eyebrows under eyes.

Also, this will be the only time that I'll say this for a while, but you should find some eyebrows here on MTS, make sure they are the ones you want, and put those on Ivy. The reason you need these at the beginning is because certain eyebrows are higher than others, have different shapes, etc.

These are my favorites:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=279660

And, if you can't find the exact color, let me know, and I can help you recolor it to your hair color. But that's later, now, we just want a general shape.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 1 of 8