Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#426 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 3:18 PM
Found out about the error message. It wasn't the neighbourhood, it was me who had placed the gamefolder on my wrong hard drive. Stupid.. stupid me.. So now, everything is alright! The game barely lags aswell! I want to kiss you for making this!

Sim outside house, and overview:

Now the only thing missing is the music, so I'm planning on getting all the songs from (at least) the radio station wave from the real game. If it's possible to add them as "build music" etc. though? I already have a lot of new wave music, and most of the songs from Vice City.. but eyy, now I need'em all!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#427 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:54 PM
i donwloaded and installed everything shows up BUT THE HOUSES/LOTS/BUILDINGS
Scholar
Original Poster
#428 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:32 PM
Thank you all for testing!

The water still has tons of work to do. Sorry that the custom rabbitholes are currently unavailbe. Thank you for posting pictures, makes me feel better, lol. I've just gotten done with surgery and am having some pain, but Vice City is making it better.

Lexyuno, I have no clue why it's doing that. Have you tried clicking to do something? Like creating a sim or maybe selecting a family to move into a, as of now, non existent house? Can you describe your game/ pc more, like your game version, what games you have. Thanks!
Inventor
#429 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 7:41 PM
My sims hasn't done anything exciting yet, so the pics are very boring. But I mostly wanted to show them so you can see that it actually works^^
Luckily, though there are no families, simmies still have their colleagues and so to keep them company. Neighbourhood runs smoothly

We're just missing a Tommy to hit on ;P And if anyone has made Sylar from Heroes they are actually quite similar. So actually it's only his clothes missingMight be a projects for us who likes making clothes.
Field Researcher
#430 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 12:15 AM
I have tested the world. No lag at all. No big issues.
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-258.jpg
My test-sim standing outside his house.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-260.jpg
Driving to the golfclub.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-262.jpg
Shooting some golfballs in the ocean

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/...eenshot-263.jpg
Driving to the famous Vice Point Mall.
Test Subject
#431 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:40 AM
no need to worry my fault, my game wasnt updatedLOL
Other than that everything seems great and runs very smooth on my PC. I just know tht its going to take you ahile to furnish the buildings and such. good luck on the rest though
Scholar
Original Poster
#432 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 3:22 AM
Thank you guys for reporting back! I'm very glad to see that it's working quite good on the computers so far. I'll definitely be making a Tommy Vercetti sim, but later on.

Great pictures Theis118! I love that outfit on your sim, fits right in,lol.
Inventor
#433 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 12:41 PM
I noticed something: On the back of the (I'll just call it "Entertainment building") the back walls shows. This looks a little off compared to the building it's attached to. The front is pretty cool though ^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#434 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:29 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I think I kept it like that because there is a back door where sims can get out of. I'll have to either keep it like that, or put in a custom rabbit hole there.
Inventor
#435 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:44 PM
Ah, then you just keep it that way Doesn't bother much. It was just a tiny notice in case you didn't knew
Test Subject
#436 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 12:07 AM
wow I just spent the last half hour playing this, amazing job! I love how you created the buildings. I especially love how you did the water. What terrain is that? I would love to use it. Once again amazing job so far.
Instructor
#437 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:05 AM
I don't think I've posted on this thread before. I have been following it though, and it's absolutely amazing.

I downloaded the beta, and one thing I noticed was the tennis court, with the iffy net. You can get rid of the polls in the middle (aka going through the white lines) if you place the "net" first and then the white lines after:

On another note, me and the staff at TSS are making a machinima series, and I was wondering if we could use this hood, it's a great setting and would provide a great back drop to it

Anyways, the world is coming along amazingly, and good luck!
Screenshots

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#438 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki
On another note, me and the staff at TSS are making a machinima series, and I was wondering if we could use this hood, it's a great setting and would provide a great back drop to it

Anyways, the world is coming along amazingly, and good luck!

I'm not Fresh Prince, but I think it would do great to get more downloads and thanks for the neighborhood if it's showcased in a machinima! Well, it'd get those extra downloads once it's released, of course.

ENTJ
Scholar
Original Poster
#439 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:33 PM
Thank you once again for testing guys! :D

Davz3am, I just raised the ground level of the water so I could paint on it, then I made 3 different colors of blue terrain paint to make the water.

Flabaliki, thanks so much for the tip on the net! And I would be more than honored if you used this for your machinima series! And I agree with you Lavaster. =]
Test Subject
#440 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 9:50 AM
Just downloaded! Very nice! cannot wait until its in full! I completely love the water and the beach... looks so beautiful when the sunset hits and then all of a sudden the town comes to life with all of the colourful buildings turning on right at dark. Has such an amazing wormth summer feel to it! And all of the homes feel real "homey" as if it is a real city/neighbourhood! In love with it! Keep up the amazing work! It went rather quickly in on my computer.. possibly because there was nothing in most of the buildings! However as i said before.. in love! AMAZING :D
Test Subject
#441 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 2:04 PM
amazing world fresh prince...i really would like to know how you made those 2 skyscrapers in downtown so high!
Lab Assistant
#442 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:27 PM
Fresh, I have been waiting for this opportunity since Day One. I am the honored one. Thank you for your time, talent and creativity. I installed and so far so good EXCEPT (dumb question) - am I supposed to put the rabbitt holes where ever I choose the places to be? Like, at the building that appears to be a school - I need to put the rabbit hole at the front door, etc, etc, etc...? And also, although I like mostly everything just the way it is but if I make any changes - like a different wall color or chair or whatever - and then you update - yours will override the changes I made?
Lab Assistant
#443 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:51 PM
Ok nevermind....... Once I took a GOOD look around and entered some of the community lots, I answered my own question. I can see that you have already placed some of the rabbitt holes. I found the diner and the hospital so far. Duh.....
But looking at the Shady Palms Hospital I found some "floating windows" . Are these windows supposed to be attached to something I need in my game or are they supposed to be against the wall ? I know you said this world is by no means finished. I just thought I'd point this out and ask. I don't mind fixing it myself.

Palms Hospital 3 by divalbw, on Flickr

Palms Hospital 2 by divalbw, on Flickr

Palms Hospital 1 by divalbw, on Flickr
Test Subject
#444 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:00 PM
@divalbw2, Those are light's. You won't see them in Live Mode. It's to give the city more of the Vice City feel
Lab Assistant
#445 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 4:28 AM
[QUOTE=Garret360]@divalbw2, Those are light's. You won't see them in Live Mode. It's to give the city more of the Vice City feel[/QUOTE

Oh ok cool ! I've just been looking around in Edit Town before I actually play. This world is so awesome!
Instructor
#446 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 11:53 PM
i tried useing the beat version but everytime i used it the game crashed
Field Researcher
#447 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 12:10 PM
I had some trouble getting this ingame, but now it is, I'll post some screenies

First screen after loading

and a quick glance, I'll test more later today!

Field Researcher
#448 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 2:42 PM
Thats crazy.
But then you are one talented creator for sure.
Goig to keep an eye on this.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Lab Assistant
#449 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:58 PM
this is amazing i wish my laptop was working so i can try this.. when it is working i will be testing and putting pics on =D
Space Pony
#450 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:11 PM
wowwww! This looks as amazing as Overlook Bay. Can't wait until it's finished!
Locked thread
Page 18 of 30