Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#451 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 2:25 AM
On Page 11 you said we could take a boat to the island. Where can I get this "workable" boat? Thanks.
BTW You're doing great on Vice City.
Advertisement
Scholar
#452 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 6:13 AM
Great job! I've been play testing and noted a couple of things: my sim ran down nearly into / into the water by the tennis court - routing issue? And, you'll probably need a connecting road to the stadium from the main road. The sims currently run from the main run to the stadium - not very realistic. One of the really large buildings looks pink all the time in map view - not sure which one (double towers?) or what that means. Detailing is very nice. I can see that it is going to be spectacular when finished. Some of the really sharp circle turns are funny because it looks like the taxi is nearly up on the sidewalk when dropping off a sim - that adds realism to me! It seems like there may have been a couple of buildings where the sims went to the back of the bulding vs. the front. I'll have to do some more looking.
Test Subject
#453 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 9:51 PM
Fresh-Prince. i really like your vice city neighbourhood .i want to know when is available? i love it soo much.. keep going your the best
Retired
retired moderator
#454 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:00 AM
I want to check the Beta out in my spare time this weekend (if I get some). Do you have a list of known issues so that I don't raise issues you're already aware of? I've been looking forward to this world forever now. :P

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#455 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:07 AM
i'd just like to say, the beta of vice city made my jaw drop to the floor. i'm a big gta fan, and i really appreciate your work. it's a great project, and it's very well done.
Test Subject
#456 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 9:17 AM
This would work well with the Sims 3 expansion coming out, late night or something. Because you can get appartments in it
Lab Assistant
#457 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:14 PM
The fake "apartments" in Sims 3 Late Night are not the same as Sims 2:AL
Lab Assistant
#458 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:55 PM
What we can do though is make night clubs like the Malibu.
Test Subject
#459 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 10:47 AM
Top Job
I've been following this project for sometime now and was really wrapped to see the Beta version available for download

I must say what a brilliant job you've done on this project so far. Vice City played very well on my PC, very smooth and it was alot of fun comparing the Sim version to GTA Vice City itself.

Funny thing is my daughter walked in while playing VC and instantly exclaimed "Wow dad, did you buy a Vice City expansion". Needless to say her reaction is a reflection of an outstanding job.

Keep the good work up Looking forward to seeing the final version.
Test Subject
#460 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 1:41 AM
hey this is awesome i was wondering if we could edit this map, but not upload it, is that okay with you?
Field Researcher
#461 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpicyTofu
hey this is awesome i was wondering if we could edit this map, but not upload it, is that okay with you?

MMM, Tofu!

but that's a bit of a silly question, see there is no way for FP to know what you do with his Vice city, if you don't upload it...

so ofcourse you can edit the map if you feel like it needs editing, if you even think it's an improvement, you can show us some screens

Sorry if I answered in FP's name, but I'm sure he's busy with working on new cars or this project
Field Researcher
#462 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:50 AM
Lol Jonas I'm in love with that guy in your avatar *.*
Test Subject
#463 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:49 AM
awe awe awe f___king some. this is one down to nailed version of one of my favourite games ever played. This is no doubt, vice city, without the vice of course. Until the guns and cars are out, and of course what else better than a MP5 and a Ferrari Testarossa and large wads of drug money Will you be including the stunt locations? eg car ramps?

Cant wait till the buisness district is done and then bring on Liberty City! or maybe San Andreas. well not probably SA cause the world is so freaking large.

Would be awesome to see a simmified GTA IV L/C.
Test Subject
#464 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 4:32 AM
Hey Hp, its been almost a month since your last post on here, any word/updates on the world? Would love to know what progress you made since the release of the beta
Test Subject
#465 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 7:58 PM Last edited by henriquedematos : 22nd Sep 2010 at 5:55 PM.
As a big fan of the GTA series, I´ve got to say this:

SO MODAHF´KIN AWUSOME! Congratulations for the nice work mate! I am still amazed by this! It is only a small beta and it has already fully impressed me

Just a question: How will you make Escobar International Airport? I mean, it is probally the most complex part of the city, will you try to make it look as similar as possible to its "real" version or will you simply make an airport of your own?
Test Subject
#466 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by henriquedematos
As a big fan of the GTA series, I´ve got to say this:

SO MODAHF´KIN AWUSOME! Congratulations for the nice work mate! I am still amazed by this! It is only a small beta and it has already fully impressed me

Just a question: How will you make Francis International Airport? I mean, it is probally the most complex part of the city, will you try to make it look as similar as possible to its "real" version or will you simply make an airport of your own?

Francis International is in Liberty City not vice
Test Subject
#467 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 2:31 PM
WOW, this is just amazing!! Vice City is one of my favorite games of all time and it's so cool to see the city in TS3. can't wait to see this 'hood finished
Test Subject
#468 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharlieSteal
Francis International is in Liberty City not vice

Ohhh, sorry, that was such an epic fail. I knew it, the problem was that I was reading an article about FIA at the GTA Wikia at the same time I was writting my post and well... I acidentally wrote Francis.

I meant in fact ESCOBAR International Airport...

Test Subject
#469 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 9:17 PM
Very nice job. Some of the buildings aren't exact, but the scale and location of everything is perfect. I've been replaying VC and this really helps with the spirit. :D
Test Subject
#470 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 9:16 AM
Awesome...!
fantastic pictures.
Field Researcher
#471 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 8:42 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th Oct 2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3338317, 3338421
I love it-but, the roads don't look exactly like the right textures. there are some custom CAW textures here: (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=391180) I think that the first one looks more like the streets from the VC in GTA.

You know-that blue road for the boats to go on is a bit odd-looking, but (as my dad pointed out), it looks a lot like a part of the bay that is dredged out so boats can go through. My suggestions are to shade w/the same colors as the blue road around the edges of the afformentioned road, so it looks wider. Also, maybe you could do a part that looks like it's dredged out just going out to nowhere, indicating that ships, yachts, boats, ferrys, etc. go to the island's port.
Test Subject
#472 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x.Tone.Def
Hey Hp, its been almost a month since your last post on here, any word/updates on the world? Would love to know what progress you made since the release of the beta

Might be a while Fresh Prince Forums
Test Subject
#473 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 12:08 AM
Wow, that's awesome. I really like the Beta Version. Very good job .
Lab Assistant
#474 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:45 PM
Hi FP,

Long time no posts, I found out on your site you've got work and college so I understand.

The latest patch makes it possible to build half-walls and roof-top swimming pools. You can also make curved pools. You should use these in Vice City whenever you get a chance to work on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#475 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 11:05 PM
I am very disappointed in the half walls. They have a top that you cannot recolor with CAS so they won't work well for building half walls as architectural detail. We still need to use a custom half wall to do this. I can't believe they did this, to be honest. Seems like it would be easy just to put another color channel on the wall.
Locked thread
Page 19 of 30