Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#551 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:49 PM
Thank you guys for the feedback! I will be considering a second beta, there's just some things I'd like to work on before I post it. There's really not too much noticeable new stuff, just some buildings on the last island.

Loverboy, I would appreciate it if you told me why the buildings dont look good. It would really help to make them better if you explained yourself. If you're talking about the skyscrapers, unfortunately I can't do much to make them look too good due to the game's restrictions.

Thanks again for all of your comments. I appreciate it! =D
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#552 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 3:04 AM
Alrighty, new beta! I decided to release a new one because I didn't even realize it's been 8 months since the last one. So test, play, enjoy, do whatever you want. Pictures, reports, criticisms, comments; all is welcome.

Still keep in mind that basically nothing is 100% done, including the terrain. You can test and play around the new buildings, even though they are mostly just shells. Just explore around the city and tell me what you think about it.

The file is about 87 mb. You can download the 2nd beta by clicking on this link > http://tinyurl.com/3gbdzd8

Thanks again, and any feedback is more than welcome!
Lab Assistant
#553 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 3:30 AM Last edited by chod3994 : 12th Apr 2011 at 4:25 AM.
Downloaded the beta into my game. Will test and give feedback ASAP if that's OK with you.

Edit: OK I went in game and got some things for you. I know you said you weren't done so probably all I am pointing out you were going to fix anyway.
Scholar
#554 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:55 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 12th Apr 2011 at 9:37 AM.
I really like how everything is so close together and the buildings add a nice touch, so much better than last time. I really can't see what wrong with it except the above poster pics.
Field Researcher
#555 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:51 AM
It's awesome-I love how this is turning out! I've always loved GTA, but I've always had a special place in my heart for vice city-a debauchery-strewn paradise full of A Flock Of Seagulls-but I digress, and this couldn't make me any happier-you've really done good on it, F-P!
Field Researcher
#556 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 5:39 PM
I was going to check out the new beta but here is a screen of the page I get whenever I click on the link:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#557 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 6:36 PM
Please help, I keep getting the same message as Dolldrms 1, I am really disappointed as I was really looking forward to downloading the new beta for Vice City - I even tried following the original link for the original Beta hoping that the new Beta would replace it and downloaded a folder named vcbeta2 which looked promising but inside was Sims 3 pack named Vice City V1 {12} which appears to be the original I tried installing that and the Sims launcher said that the file was already installed and it does appear to be the original.
Scholar
Original Poster
#558 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:08 PM
Sorry for those who the link isn't working. I guess it's due to the weird characters. Try this link > http://www.freshprincecreations.com...B3%7D.Sims3Pack . If that doesnt work, I'll upload one again when i get home.

And thank you all so much for your feedback I truly appreciate it!

chod3394, thanks so much for the comments. I completely forgot about that diner issue, so thanks for informing me! Those buildings in the basements are intentional. I didn't want them in the city itself due to they take a lot of room and dont fit in well, so I put them in the basements so that when a sim goes to work or uses a rabbithole, they go into my shell of a building, instead of using custom content. I dont really know another way to do this, so opinions from anyone on the rabbithole placement is welcomed.

That water road and that back of the building are somethings I still need to fix, and I'll have to replace those floating plants with something else. Thanks so much for posting the pictures and descriptions of the problems. I truly appreciate it!
Test Subject
#559 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:14 PM
Thank you for trying to fix the link Fresh-Prince, I really am sorry to be a pain in the neck but I tried the new link and the same message is still coming up.
Test Subject
#560 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 9:34 PM
P.S. The problem appears to be a Microsoft security update to WindowsDefender that affects some people on certain servers - It also seems to have something to do with Internet Explorer. I solved the problem by changing my browser to Google Chrome and its downloaded with no more problems and I'm going to install it now - Thank you for posting the new beta I really do appreciate it.
Field Researcher
#561 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 3:19 AM
After reading Essexgirl's post, I also changed the browser to Google Chrome and now have the file downloaded. Thanks for sharing how you fixed it, Essexgirl, it is appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#562 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 4:11 AM
I used Firefox and had no issues so definitaly worth trying a different browser if it's not working.

@FP That floating plants glitch can't be fixed. Happens to me when I build in game (I don't have CAW). You'll have to get rid of them.
Test Subject
#563 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 12:57 PM Last edited by Essexgirl : 13th Apr 2011 at 1:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dolldrms1
After reading Essexgirl's post, I also changed the browser to Google Chrome and now have the file downloaded. Thanks for sharing how you fixed it, Essexgirl, it is appreciated.

You're welcome - glad it helped you
Test Subject
#564 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 3:05 PM Last edited by Essexgirl : 13th Apr 2011 at 3:17 PM.
Thank you again for posting the updated beta Fresh-Prince - I thought Vice City looked exceptionally good in the original beta and when the new beta loaded it looks even better and even more detailed (you put the professional Sims 3 map makers who design the maps that come with the game to shame). Keep up the brillient work.

By the way, I thought the ghost problem in the starter home I chose to move my first family in was a really nice touch (even if my sims didn't seem to think so).
Test Subject
#565 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:13 AM
I see no need for EA to make anymore worlds once this world is complete, this is the best looking world I have ever seen in any Sims game. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#566 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:57 PM
Ocean Dr at night from the lighthouse

Crusing Ocean Dr in a convertible

Driving through Starfish Island in a Range Rover (my favorite car that you've made)

Tommy Vercetti's mansion, with the sports car and limo just like in the game

In the hot weather of Vice City, convertibles are a must have. Even if it means downsizing the house just a little

I finished the inside of this house for my sims, and managed to fit a driveway outside

The country club looks busy today

Also, I noticed that you might want to make the 'bridges' in the leaf links look more like the one by the beach house at the bottom end of ocean beach. The ones in leaf links don't look as good as that one.
Scholar
Original Poster
#567 Old 3rd May 2011 at 1:37 PM
Once again, thank you all for the feedback and comments! Every little bit helps me with the project, and I really appreciate it!

Rac379, awesome pics! Thanks for posting! And don't worry, none of the bridges are done yet. =]

In other news, I actually just ordered Late Night. So that means I will be making a Late night version, but that's only after I finish the city completely for base game first. I've been working quite a bit of Vice City, and I'll post more pics when I get a bit more done first. Thanks for hanging in there!
Lab Assistant
#568 Old 3rd May 2011 at 10:11 PM
If you are making a Late night version I think you should try to avoid placing any of the towers that come with it. They don't fit in with the theme and look completely different from the rest of the buildings. It is possible to make custom apartments in your existing buildings instead. There is a tutorial for custom apartments somewhere in The Sims Wiki.

Also, there is a new movie studio rabbit hole and deco set (and career) but they are too big for the lot you built the movie studio on on Prawn Island. And I know there's no subway in Vice but hidden (but accessible) subway stops might make getting around easier for some people. But try not to place them diagonally or with MoveObjects On or with more than one on a single lot because I've read a lot a stories about stuck sims and game crashes in those cases.

And don't forget the Malibu.
Scholar
Original Poster
#569 Old 7th May 2011 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Murf
If you are making a Late night version I think you should try to avoid placing any of the towers that come with it. They don't fit in with the theme and look completely different from the rest of the buildings. It is possible to make custom apartments in your existing buildings instead. There is a tutorial for custom apartments somewhere in The Sims Wiki.

Also, there is a new movie studio rabbit hole and deco set (and career) but they are too big for the lot you built the movie studio on on Prawn Island. And I know there's no subway in Vice but hidden (but accessible) subway stops might make getting around easier for some people. But try not to place them diagonally or with MoveObjects On or with more than one on a single lot because I've read a lot a stories about stuck sims and game crashes in those cases.

And don't forget the Malibu.

Thanks for the tips Murf! Appreciate it!
Alchemist
#570 Old 8th May 2011 at 2:34 PM
One question: Why did you make a fake garage at Tommy's mansion? Is it because the >Real< mansion has windows in the garage door? (Never playerd Vice city)

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#571 Old 8th May 2011 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zandvoort
One question: Why did you make a fake garage at Tommy's mansion? Is it because the >Real< mansion has windows in the garage door? (Never playerd Vice city)

The reason I'm using a lot of fake garage doors is because the game has a problem with the real garage door with shadows, and makes it appear really dark, which takes away from the look of the house.
Test Subject
#572 Old 9th May 2011 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
Once again, thank you all for the feedback and comments! Every little bit helps me with the project, and I really appreciate it!

Rac379, awesome pics! Thanks for posting! And don't worry, none of the bridges are done yet. =]

In other news, I actually just ordered Late Night. So that means I will be making a Late night version, but that's only after I finish the city completely for base game first. I've been working quite a bit of Vice City, and I'll post more pics when I get a bit more done first. Thanks for hanging in there!

Great news FP. Also great to hear an up coming LNight version too.

The meaning of zen can be summed up in two words, NOT ALWAYS SO (Digstar on EA Sims 3)
Lab Assistant
#573 Old 11th May 2011 at 7:56 PM
nice world i have it.. but i was askin if you have the base game why would you build that ugly light house?
if i would be you i would use this tutorial to import the "janie point lighthouse" and here's how
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429946

its in the basegame in sunset valley and you can even add that beam for night.. in-game.. .. would look nicer..

the whole town needs a makeover with the later night expansion and outdoor stuff pack..

even tho you make my sims sink in the underwater pathway from the island house to the lighthouse.. you got there.. in late night there are skyscrapers and its much easyer to use the world editor.. btw you will need the patch for the CAW separatly

and here's the patch if you ever need it
Space Pony
#574 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
The reason I'm using a lot of fake garage doors is because the game has a problem with the real garage door with shadows, and makes it appear really dark, which takes away from the look of the house.

If you place a light/invisible light from buydebug exactly under the silver rectangle part inside the garage where the door "folds into", it will get rid of the darkness.
Scholar
Original Poster
#575 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Fresh-Prince : 12th May 2011 at 1:23 PM.
mysteryhouse, I like the custom light house because it creates a more original feeling, rather than having the same light house that everyone else has in their games. But thanks for the tutorial, adding the light will make it look nicer. I'll possibly be doing a make over/update with late night, but definitely not outdoor stuff. And I've deleted the underwater pathway so it doesn't look weird anymore. Thanks for the link to the patches.

Bchbch Walk, cool! Thanks so much for the tip, appreciate it

As for progress on Vice City, I must say that it's coming along very nicely. Also changed my avatar for the first time for like 3 years,lol.
Locked thread
Page 23 of 30