Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 3:18 PM
Default A World life state exclusive?
By the title I mean, How do you the flag the world so that all Sims, existing or generated ones are anything but human? I want to spice up Sunset Valley

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 11:30 PM
If it's an unpopulated world, you could probably use NRAAS's Story Progression to force the game to make all immigrants occult instead of human. I don't think that would apply to the homeless Sims the game generates, though, like mail carriers and mixologists for bars and coworkers for playable Sims and all that. It might, though. I still haven't totally figured out how to make Story Progression do what I want it to do. *laugh*

If it's a populated worid, you could use Master Controller to add occult characteristics to all existing Sims in a world. AFAIK, you'd have to do it manually by clicking on each Sim, though. But, again, the game always seems to be generating Sims for various roles, so you'd have to continually "catch" any new ones and change them, too.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 1:53 AM
NRaas SP by option covers resident immigration from whatever point it is used/its options are changed going forward. Further NRaas SP with the SP Population module covers by option NPC Service and Role Sims and Roommates including those who have already spawned. Nothing will cover certain special classes of sims automatically such as vehicle drivers.

This is just a technicality, but it should be noted that human is not an occult state. It is the lack of all other occult states.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 9:52 AM
Alright. I suppose you can't mass turn all resided sims into something other than anything besides nraas?? Well I guess that it makes me more fun by having to work towards transformation elixers and splashing random ones to random pedestrians :D

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
NRaas SP by option covers resident immigration from whatever point it is used/its options are changed going forward. Further NRaas SP with the SP Population module covers by option NPC Service and Role Sims and Roommates including those who have already spawned. Nothing will cover certain special classes of sims automatically such as vehicle drivers.

Sorry I keep bugging you about stuff, @igazor but you're just so danged knowledgeable!

So, I'm setting up a Traveler "network" of worlds, each one dedicated to a different occult or occult-hybrid state, the goal being no purely human Sims at all in any of the worlds. At this point, I've only got the households I've made settled on lots in some of the networked worlds and not actually played anything yet. I want to use SP to immigrate additional households into some of the worlds, with the immigrated households consisting only of the specific allowed occult or occult-hybrid state that the particular world is dedicated to.

In doing some testing of this concept in a test world, I put in some settings in what I thought was the right place (General Options --> Options: Lots, and then whatever the menu option name is for the Immigration/Emigration settings. I set it to immigrate 100% occult and in the option where you can specify occult types, I made only the type(s) I wanted true. I rapidly immigrated a few households, but I still got human immigrants. So, I'm guessing I set the options in the wrong place? Do you know how to do this properly? I don't have any of the personality-related modules of SP installed, but I do have all the others. (Population, Money, Careers, etc.)

Yeah, I know I should probably ask on the NRAAS boards, but...I'm here right now.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 1:30 AM
@iCad
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Lots > Options: Immigration/Emigration > Chance of Occult > 100
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options: Sims > Town Occult Ratio >
Set to 100 for the one occult type you want
Set to 0 for the others (unless you want hybrids, which would take a few more steps and the Hybrid mod to make them playable)

Now every immigrating resident sim should be an occult because of the first setting, and they would have to be the one occult type you want because otherwise the set ratios would exceed their caps of 0.

What is probably happening the way you described it is that the default ratio of 50 for the occult type under Options: Sims is already exceeded so the incoming sims are ignoring the Options: Lots setting and you are getting humans instead. One of those settings would have to win out over the other in that case.
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 6:32 AM
Ah! That worked...mostly. I did not realize I needed to do anything with the Sim options, so it must have been that that caused the issue because once I zeroed everything that I didn't want out, it worked 95%. I rapidly immigrated 10 pairs in a test world, and 9.5 of them were correct. I still ended up with one human in the batch, but if that happens in my "real" worlds, it's easy enough to grab the one human and give him the proper characteristics with Master Controller. Really, I just wanted some randomness instead of me having to make all the Sims and subsequently choosing only the traits and LTWs and stuff that I like. So, I wanted SP to make 'em, not me.

Thanks as always, @igazor