Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 10:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Belladonna Cove has been reset??? sort of????
So I went onto my sims 2 game today (ultimate collection).

I noticed the splash screen was taking much longer to load to the main menu, but i shook it off as sometimes it can take a long time anyway.
As it finishes loading, the Mods warning comes up.
I found this really strange as I had the mod start up screen warning disabled for as long as I can remember.
Again, I shook it off and loaded up my most played and populated neighborhood: Belladonna Cove.

The game loads normally into the hood and I am suddenly welcomed to the "Welcome to Belladonna Cove" introduction message, to which I then notice that the ONLY families and lots that were available on the hood were the ones you start off with, such as the Cleveland family. Shocked, I went to my sim bin, only to see that it was completely empty and several of my custom lots on the lots bin were missing.
Even stranger, I went to the sub hood bluewater village within belladonna cove and noticed there are no sims living there but all of my own lots I placed are still there!

I then went to check Pleasantview as I have a couple of my own families living there, but all was normal. When I went to play on one of them, I was getting tutorial messages?! (I also had the slight graphical glitch that flickers the walls while playing but I immediately fixed it when i realised my in-game settings had been reverted.

After quitting the game, I went to check on SimPe. I have very little experience and knowledge on how to work this program, but I knew that would have all the data. The neighborhood on SimPE still has all of my sims from belladonna cove with the correct portraits, but all their details seem to be blank?

I have had a Lot corrupted on this hood before, years ago, and i completely deleted the lot file. Up until now I haven't had any issues with my belladonna cove.
Admittedly I have a LOT of mods and cc after 3, almost 4 years of putting countless hours onto this save file, but even after running the game without the custom downloads I still ran into the same issues.

Does anybody have any ideas to recover my hood back to the way it was?? I understand how difficult or even impossible it might be but I'd give anything to get my save back!

(Just to add you're more than welcome to say I deserve it for never backing up my save)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:47 PM
It sounds like the town got corrupted and that's why I only play from blank terrain maps instead of the loaded towns shipped with the game.I've got a BACC in the Strangetown terrain and that's going well and I've got other games ready to start if I want to play something different.
I would advise you to check that your Sims 2 folder din't get pulled and replaced by your computer and try to track the correct one down if that did happen and restore it if you can before starting a new town up in a blank terrain and adding your own sims and making your own story like I've had to do.I'd start playing my town with just one couple and the community service center and start to gradually add others in slowly over time as the town gets played.