Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 4:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Files recently modified in the game folder
Hello,

I recently reinstalled The Sims 2 on my computer and through a search with the File Explorer, I noticed that there are files in the game folder that have all been changed at the same time recently (the same day of the installation), after I play with the game. During my first session of playing, I didn't do anything except see if my neighborhood had been set up properly.

These files are:
- DesignModeThumbnails.package (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\EP4\TSData\Res\UserData\Thumbnails)
- Hotel01_Permanent.package (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\LotTemplates)
- Dorm_05_Permanent.package (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1\TSData\Res\LotTemplates)
- EPText.package (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\StuffPack\Text)
- Neighborhood.package (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Text)

Anyone know why? I saw someone who had the same case as me, so I guess that's maybe normal. It would be nice if someone would do the same research I did with the File Explorer! (Go to your game installation folder, and just put datemodified:this month package in the search bar of your File Explorer)

(Sorry if I made mistakes, english is not my main language)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 4:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jul 2020 at 5:03 PM.
I have the UC, which I by the looks of it installed at 23. March 2019 (that's the date of all the folders, anyway - folders tend to get the date of installation).

The dates I have on those spesific files are:
- DesignModeThumbnails.package - 14. January 2015, 21:33 (goes for all the other files in that spesific folder too, which means it's the only one NOT changed according to your list).
- Hotel01_Permanent - 23.March 2019, 18:31 (the rest in that folder are 14. January 2015, 21:26)
- Dorm_05_Permanent.package - 23.March 2019, 18:31 (the rest in that folder are 14. January 2015, 21:36)
- EPText.package - 23.March 2019, 18:31
- Neighborhood.package - 23.March 2019, 18:30 (the rest in that folder are 14. January 2015, 21:34)

Looks like all the changes happened within the same minute or so, and to very random files. I'd say most likely it was some kind of update/patch that happened at the time I installed the game. The patches are included in the UC, and I think there was an update function on Origin.

I honestly don't know what I did and didn't do at the time (I had a lot of issues with my game and tried pretty much everything until something stuck). I'm pretty sure it was related to the installation process, as judging by the date it appears the files haven't changed since.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 5:31 PM
Thanks for your answer and confirming that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I have the UC, which I by the looks of it installed at 23. March 2019 (that's the date of all the folders, anyway - folders tend to get the date of installation).

The dates I have on those spesific files are:
- DesignModeThumbnails.package - 14. January 2015, 21:33 (goes for all the other files in that spesific folder too, which means it's the only one NOT changed according to your list).
- Hotel01_Permanent - 23.March 2019, 18:31 (the rest in that folder are 14. January 2015, 21:26)
- Dorm_05_Permanent.package - 23.March 2019, 18:31 (the rest in that folder are 14. January 2015, 21:36)
- EPText.package - 23.March 2019, 18:31
- Neighborhood.package - 23.March 2019, 18:30 (the rest in that folder are 14. January 2015, 21:34)

Looks like all the changes happened within the same minute or so, and to very random files. I'd say most likely it was some kind of update/patch that happened at the time I installed the game. The patches are included in the UC, and I think there was an update function on Origin.

I honestly don't know what I did and didn't do at the time (I had a lot of issues with my game and tried pretty much everything until something stuck). I'm pretty sure it was related to the installation process, as judging by the date it appears the files haven't changed since.

Did you ever opened The Body Shop? If not, your DesignModeThumbnails.package file isn't modified because of that. (maybe)