Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#8976 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 11:55 AM
What would happen if I were to plop down a SHT stage (with proprietor placement and all that crap it needs) on an Arcade lot? Has anyone tested?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#8977 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 2:35 PM
Perfect topic for my question.... :D

Is there a way to give the super-speed animation (used by vampires) or at least a ''super-speed'' looking effect to regular Sims?

I want to create a speedster and having that effect would be great :D

Thanks!
Instructor
#8978 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
What would happen if I were to plop down a SHT stage (with proprietor placement and all that crap it needs) on an Arcade lot? Has anyone tested?

I have a setup like this right now (in Boroughsburg, inside the Bowling Alley Arcade - the stage I think is intentionally the right size for a SHT stage). It works like in a usual SHT venue. My Magician sim has gigs there (after auditioning for gigs at the Proprietor) at level 5-6 with modest success (doesn't attract much audience). Mind you though, that I haven't had any SimFest yet there, which, honestly, I don't miss.
Instructor
#8979 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
I have a setup like this right now (in Boroughsburg, inside the Bowling Alley Arcade - the stage I think is intentionally the right size for a SHT stage). It works like in a usual SHT venue. My Magician sim has gigs there (after auditioning for gigs at the Proprietor) at level 5-6 with modest success (doesn't attract much audience). Mind you though, that I haven't had any SimFest yet there, which, honestly, I don't miss.

That's exactly the one I had in mind, lol Excellent! I've built a Live Show venue but may not add it after all. I'll add a stage to the park so they can do low level gigs while they still suck at it

And I'm doing the freelancing DJ thing as well so fingers crossed it works for them too!
Scholar
#8980 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 6:06 PM
I did discover something today and I get so confused I must ask if this is normal or not.

If you click on the treasure chest on the menu of an active sim you will see the lifetime happiness points. You know, those points that your sim can use to bay rewards. I had two human sims and a horse on the same lot and while the pet had a steady number the points of the humans were climbing at the speed of the in game clock. Yes it's true, the number were raising and that constantly. What sort of bug can that be? I have no mods that effects the lifetime points.
Lab Assistant
#8981 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
... the points of the humans were climbing at the speed of the in game clock. Yes it's true, the number were raising and that constantly. What sort of bug can that be? I have no mods that effects the lifetime points.

This is totally normal Your pet just wasn't happy enough. If the positive moodlets add up to a very good mood and the mood meter thingy is higher than the little notch, lifetime happiness points will be added constantly. I use this to collect some points for my toddlers, even if they don't have wishes yet.
Mad Poster
#8982 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
This is totally normal Your pet just wasn't happy enough. If the positive moodlets add up to a very good mood and the mood meter thingy is higher than the little notch, lifetime happiness points will be added constantly. I use this to collect some points for my toddlers, even if they don't have wishes yet.

This can be done with babies too, but it's much more challenging to get and keep their moods elevated. I consider it a success if a baby ages up to toddler with a couple of hundred (or really any number greater than 0) happiness points already.
Scholar
#8983 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 10:05 AM
Thank you for the answers. I don't use to give this panel so much attention but this time I just happen to see it and found it odd. But OK, I understand. No, the horse was not very happy as it was raining (and there is no room for a barn on the lot).
Mad Poster
#8984 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 11:28 PM
Where does the game get names for fish that your Sim puts into fish bowls? I usually go with the default name, and recently have noticed a theme with the names the game is using (Elizabeth, Emily, and Garrett are characters from different video games and also the names the game suggested for the fish that my Sim put into bowls towards her LTW.)
Mad Poster
#8985 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:07 AM
Does getting a degree while they already have the job related to the degree give them a sallary boost? I notice they don't get jump to the relevant level instant-iniously? but I didn't pay attention if they sallary pay has changed.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8986 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Does getting a degree while they already have the job related to the degree give them a sallary boost? I notice they don't get jump to the relevant level instant-iniously? but I didn't pay attention if they sallary pay has changed.

No, and that's very annoying. Whenever I plan to send my sims to Uni after they have already been in the workforce (as YAs or Adults with full time jobs), I have to remember to try and put them in a different career to begin with than the one I ultimately want for them. And that's not always possible since storylines evolve and plans change. But sometimes I'll give graduates who return to their existing careers a promotion and maybe a Bonus (raise) by way of MasterController for all the academic effort.
Test Subject
#8987 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:12 AM
Is there a way to stop my sims from getting massive amounts of time off after getting pregnant? I have master controller and story progression, and had set it to not give them any time off (so I thought), but they seem to have gotten over 5 days off anyway.
Mad Poster
#8988 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dockamorpher
Is there a way to stop my sims from getting massive amounts of time off after getting pregnant? I have master controller and story progression, and had set it to not give them any time off (so I thought), but they seem to have gotten over 5 days off anyway.

The SP options dictate what sims stand to get over and above what they are getting from EA as a base number, which in turn varies by career and job level. The SP values do not replace the game values, they add to them. Thus the trick is to use Town (Caste, Household, Sim) Options and set Pregnancy > Maternity Leave to a negative number. How negative a number to use depends on whether you want to see any parental leave at all or just less of it across the board. Changes made this way would only impact future pregnancies, not ones for which sims have already been granted paid leave.
(SP Population add-on module required)

MasterController can be used to add or take away days off already accumulated, but it can't do anything for future automatically made allotments. MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Career > Days Off > (enter a negative number to take days off away that have already accumulated; use Status > Career to see how many that might be already for any given sim).
(MC Cheats add-on module required)
Test Subject
#8989 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:10 AM
Thank you so much Igazor!

I have another stupid question. It seems like every time my game creates a new sim they get added as a roommate to my house. It’s not really a big deal, as I can just dismiss them, but I’m more-so curious as to what I messed up to cause this to happen, haha! Is this a known issue/setting in MC or SP?
Mad Poster
#8990 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:21 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Oct 2020 at 3:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by dockamorpher
Thank you so much Igazor!

I have another stupid question. It seems like every time my game creates a new sim they get added as a roommate to my house. It’s not really a big deal, as I can just dismiss them, but I’m more-so curious as to what I messed up to cause this to happen, haha! Is this a known issue/setting in MC or SP?

If the residential lot on which your household is living is showing as Residential-Regular (or Ownable) in Edit Town, then this means you probably have the town's Roommate Service enabled. They need to be called up to cancel it or else whenever you dismiss a Roommate, a new one will be provided for you by the next sim morning. Asking a sim to be a roommate through social interactions will engage the ongoing service as will using MasterController's Add Roommate function.

If the lot on which they are living is showing as Residential-Apartment, then there is no way to switch off the Roommate Service as that is how that kind of lot is supposed to work. This lot type (from Uni) is meant to emulate a dormitory-like setting away from Uni World. The lot type in this case can be changed, again through Edit Town, but not while your sims are living there and most players find it needs to be changed to a Community Lot type first and then Residential (Regular or Ownable) again to get the new designation to stick.
#8991 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 6:40 AM
Oh we did? That sounds fun. How about you start one?
Field Researcher
#8992 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 8:42 PM
I started playing The Sims 3 a few days ago coming from The Sims 2, I ran into some minor issues and I don't know if they're part of the game or caused by mods?
When I direct my sim to buy drinks to have with a friend, after the friend gets the drink form my sims hand, my sim gets stuck holding an invisible cup and I have to reset them;
When my sim is sitting at a table with a friend without doing any other activity and I direct them to talk, they do the talking animation but don't get any relationship increase/decrease. When they're eating however, they do increase their relationship as I can see the icon above their heads;
My sim's best friend died, I got the notification, the wishes my sim had related to them disappeared, however, my sim didn't mourn their death (never got the mourning moddlet), I thought that was strange;
Can someone help me? Are these things normal? Are there mods to fix them?
Lab Assistant
#8993 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 10:09 PM
Hey, welcome to Sims 3

This sounds all very buggy to me. Non of these things happend to me before.

For the missing mourning moodlet, does your sim have the cold-hearted reward? This would make him immune to after death sadness. Otherwise the moodlet should be applied if they were really best friends.

Do you already have some mods in game ( because you mentioned, it could be caused by mods)? Have you ever tried the game without them and is the problem still there? There is a thread here that lists recommendations for mods if you are new to the game: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517365 I would at least go with NRaas Overwatch and MasterController to keep the game playable and help you out of situations where something unexpected happens.
Field Researcher
#8994 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 10:38 PM Last edited by moveobjects : 7th Oct 2020 at 12:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
Hey, welcome to Sims 3

This sounds all very buggy to me. Non of these things happend to me before.

For the missing mourning moodlet, does your sim have the cold-hearted reward? This would make him immune to after death sadness. Otherwise the moodlet should be applied if they were really best friends.

Do you already have some mods in game ( because you mentioned, it could be caused by mods)? Have you ever tried the game without them and is the problem still there? There is a thread here that lists recommendations for mods if you are new to the game: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517365 I would at least go with NRaas Overwatch and MasterController to keep the game playable and help you out of situations where something unexpected happens.

Thank you Good to know it's not unmodded game behavior, I'll try to find out what's causing it.
No, my sim doesn't have that reward. I'm using many nraas mods including all the recommended ones for performance, I'm also using the fixes mods recommended in this guide (I did all the required steps on it all well), and a few other mods. I'm also playing in Midnight Hollow, and only have the ambitions and late night expansions (don't know if that's relevant). I'll check right now if the invisible cup and talking while sitting glitches happen without mods.

Edit: these things still happen without any mods unfortunately (I only couldn't test the mourning moodlet one), I tested on two different worlds as well.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8995 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Also there's the whole forum rules problem that says to host a contest you've had to host a contest here before...
I think it's that you have to have participated in a contest before. I know contests are moderated now as in the old days we had a whole load started up only for the 'host' to abandon it... very disappointing. The rules were to prevent that, but seem to have put people off altogether.
Lab Assistant
#8996 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 7:15 PM
@MurderPrincessK: I don't qualify to host a contest at all. But we could really nicely ask someone who has hosted a contest in the past and is still active here... To host a contest seems quite time consuming so there should be at least some kind of feasibility study before we bother one of the 'old' contest hosts. Perhaps someone gets in the mood to do it, if s/he sees that there is a high enough number of interested people (if there is at all). I'm thinking of a poll thread here in this forum, like "What kind of contest are you interested in?" Building, Writing, Photography, I don't do contests - like that? I cannot do that on the phone, but perhaps tomorrow on my pc. Or do you think it is useless and we are not enough active users here anymore?
Scholar
#8997 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 5:56 AM
Posted under Rules for hosting found here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531036#host

To Be a Host: You must qualify to be allowed to host your own contest on this site. Firstly, you must have at least 20 posts (in any forum on this site). Secondly, you must have successfully participated in at least one contest on this site as either a judge or a contestant. Successfully participating in a contest means that you judge for the entire duration of the contest OR you must have made it through to the end of a contest if you've chosen to participate as a contestant. Note: Single round contests will not qualify you to host.

I don't qualify if those are the rules, but if I could I wouldn't mind picking the end of year calendar photo contest back up for sims 3 only. I think if you advertised it on the main forum to let people know it was happening you might actually get participants.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#8998 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 3:58 AM
Is it possible for an elder Sim to get pregnant of an alien baby (abduction type), even if using NRAAS?
Lab Assistant
#8999 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MW_thesism3
Is it possible for an elder Sim to get pregnant of an alien baby (abduction type), even if using NRAAS?

I would like to extend this question: Is it not possible to get an alien abduction in an overstuffed household, even if all the NRaas mods are in place to allow more than 8 sims?
Lab Assistant
#9000 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 9:13 AM
how to install at home in a package format? I'm betting on Mods\Packages, but there are no houses in the game.
Page 360 of 385