Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#3526 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 3:45 AM
"Who knew that Buzz would turn into the town's aggressive drunk?"
I made Xizzle and my main sim Eva and had them run a home-based saloon,it's been rather fun. Buzz keeps fighting with PT, .Olive and Lazlo every time he comes over.
"Why are the Garden Club members so attractive to every other sim?"
Both Chole and Nervous have kissed Garden Club members.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3527 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:28 AM
The garden club members are attractive to me, because even in hoods where other NPCs are Maxis ugly, they spawn with my chosen face templates and can have townified skins and eyes as well as CC hairstyles. That shouldn't mean they're necessarily attractive to sims as well, but I have a grandmother who's slept with both male garden club sims and several residents of that hood have high chemistry with garden clubbers.
Field Researcher
#3528 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 11:05 AM
Back in the day when I started to play the sims 3 (the year was 2010) and I was trying to learn the game, whenever my sims had food leftovers and I had to choose between "clean up" and "put away", if I used the "clean up" option a pop-up appeared, saying "Don't throw away good food, there are starving children in Strangetown". The first few times that happened, I remember saying: "Cool, the game tries to create the illusion that it's not only Sunset Valley but there is a whole sim-world with more towns" and this opinion became stronger when my sims read in the newspaper that "the most visited vacation destination is Twikkii Island".
But, after I threw away good food a few more times, I remember yelling to my screen "Enough with the guilt-trip game, there is NO Strangetown or starving children"...

2014 came and I got the Ultimate Collection.
Me, seeing the main menu for the first time: "OMG, it's Strangetown"
Forum Resident
#3529 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 6:01 PM
Sometimes, two townies will sit at one table in a restaurant in my game. I usually pretend it's because they're on a date, because it makes it seem like they have lives.
Well today I found Abhijeet Depiesse (adult) sitting with Tosha Go (teen).
"SCIA OPEN UP"
Mad Poster
#3530 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Sometimes, two townies will sit at one table in a restaurant in my game. I usually pretend it's because they're on a date, because it makes it seem like they have lives.
Well today I found Abhijeet Depiesse (adult) sitting with Tosha Go (teen).
"SCIA OPEN UP"

This is "Outing just for fun" for me and no problems.
Mad Poster
#3531 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 5:25 PM
I found it so realistic to finally be able to play a town that in it's infancy actually looks authentic like a ghost town when my residents are visiting the community lots and there's almost nevery anybody else there in the barren homesteading township.
I always though how it used to be in my old vanilla games was so phony and fake with everything overcrowded and with too many sims showing up like it was Dowtown in New York City when it's a barren town in it's infancy.
Lab Assistant
#3532 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 4:26 PM
"What happened to all the adults in this neighbourhood?"
When I was rolling for prosperity challenge only rolled one adult sim but got a whole load of elders who are going to have to raise their orphaned grandchildren.
Scholar
#3533 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:53 PM
"Well just who did you think was going to give you a tip, anyway?"

Having fled to the mountains ahead of the apocalypse, Malcolm Landgraab IV sits down at the piano in his country manor and plays for tips, then complains when he doesn't get any. He's the only Sim in the hood; no townies here and his henchmen have flown back to Bluewater to rescue his girlfriend and her cousin (Malcolm having been too interested in self-preservation to risk waiting for them!).
Theorist
#3534 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 5:19 PM
Not strictly while playing but...

"Why do I keep downloading CC when I'm not even playing the game anymore?"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3535 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 12:49 AM
"Oh, go to work."
My sim, on his way out the door, had a want to buy electronic entertainment so I bought him a game console and of course he immediately rolled a want to play video games.
Link Ninja
#3536 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
"Oh, go to work."
My sim, on his way out the door, had a want to buy electronic entertainment so I bought him a game console and of course he immediately rolled a want to play video games.

That sounds like my husband.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#3537 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:50 PM
"Eh, It's Strangetown. I'll allow it."
"This darn game!"
*Headdesk* "This darn game and it's mods!"
"All I wanted to do is throw an innocent birthday party. If I knew that was going to happen, I wouldn't have invited anyone."
"These next few rounds are going to be a mess."

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Link Ninja
#3538 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 5:00 PM
Quote:
"All I wanted to do is throw an innocent birthday party. If I knew that was going to happen, I wouldn't have invited anyone."

Murder? Woo Hoo? Spill!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#3539 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 4:47 PM
"Well, they're probably to be terrible parents."
My sim Max Cash and his wife rolled the fear to change a dirty diaper right after their daughter, Penny was born.
Inventor
#3540 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:40 AM
"Why are you observing that one?!"

As a Sim was observing whatever decorations were available at this community lot, the third item he viewed was the "Great Sky" miniature dome. It can only be seen through buy/build mode, but Sims can interact with it. Dunno why though.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#3541 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:52 AM
"Forget the stupid painting and work!" - Me to a Sim that kept viewing a painting instead of 'dazzle'.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#3542 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 8:04 AM
"Geez, Vidcund, I love you so much!"
Vidcund is very close to elderhood, but thanks to the signalling perk he squeezed in a second alien pregnancy. Last time I played the household he'd just been returned and his wife had run out to fret about him. When I opened the game, he had a want for a baby, a want to meet aliens, a want for Loki to meet aliens, and a want to talk to his wife. So what was he on his way to do? Straight upstairs to make the bed his wife didn't stop to tidy up before rushing down to meet him coming home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#3543 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 2:30 AM
"Thank goodness that Miliarty pays really well."
I rolled that career for Random Legacy but unfortunately also rolled five children.
"That poor maid."
Zo decided to woohoo with a townie in the living while the maid was cleaning the room.
Scholar
#3544 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 9:04 PM
"You're the one who made the mess, you're the one who's screaming at me about the mess, you're the one who wants to earn a Cleaning skill point - so YES, Gilbert, I'm telling YOU to mop it up."
Mad Poster
#3545 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 2:31 AM
"Don't do it, Julian! Please don't do it! It would break Andrew's heart."

I was playing Jack Gill. It was Tuesday afternoon and Jack had just arrived at PaintBoyz, Veronaville's slightly sleazy club for gay teens. His live-in boyfriend Ravi had gone out to work so Jack had gone to PaintBoyz to try to pick up another boy. (This doesn't count as cheating in Jack's book -- any boy he picked up he would take home to share with Ravi!)

Anyway, amongst the gay teens there was Julian Moltke, Andrew's long term boyfriend. And Julian was in Jack's queue. I paused the game and checked, and it said "Be kissed lightly." Julian was going to kiss Jack Gill! A further check revealed that Jack and Julian had a mutual crush on each other!) I was shocked! How could this have happened? I don't have ACR, and Pescado's Romance Mod, which I do have, is supposed to increase fidelity in long-term established relationships. I would have thought that seven and a half real years going steady (longer than real people are teens for!) would be enough to count as a long-term established relationship! Anyway, what should I do?

With other Sims, I might just have let things proceed, and see how it worked. But Julian is Andrew's much-loved boyfriend, and Andrew is my special friend. He and Julian recently got engaged and a planning a church wedding. Andrew would be devastated by a break-up. I had to do something to help my friend.

Well, I cancelled the Kiss Tenderly action, and then used the Sim Manipulator to remove the Crush flags. I replaced the Kiss Tenderly action with BoilingOil's Kiss Cheek (a social action, not a romantic one). Hopefully this will return Jack and Julian to their previous state of being very good, but platonic, best friends.

How could this have happened? Despite Pescado's mod? I checked Julian's memories, and he has no memory of cheating on Andrew or having an affair. Since he and Andrew are engaged, he probably would have got such a memory if he'd gone ahead with that kiss. I have quite a lot of mods, and sometimes the combined effect of them all might be a little unpredictable.

But I prefer to look at my Sims' lives in their own terms. Jack Gill is undoubtedly a likeable and attractive boy, and both Andrew and Julian are on best friend terms with him. And in the past, even Andrew has been tempted to flirt with him. But Andrew resisted that temptation without my help. The gay culture in Veronaville is very promiscuous, especially amongst the teens, and it can't be easy easy to stick to one's own principles in such surroundings. And, to be honest, the idea of celibacy before marriage is more Andrew's thing than it is Julian's. Julian has told me that he sometimes finds Andrew a terrible tease, slow-dancing and making out with him while wearing the stripiest of undies, and sharing a bed in a similar state of undress, but refusing to ever go beyond making out. Maybe it should be no surprise if he's attracted to Jack, who certainly has no such hang-ups. Bit I'm sure Julian still really loves Andrew and wouldn't want to hurt him. Trying to kiss Jack Gill really is rather out of character. Though I have to say Julian has been acting a little oddly lately: he's noogied two boys in the last few days -- something he's never done before in all the tome I've known him. Maybe it's just a last fling of independence before he gets married. So actually I think it might be a good idea if they get married soon. Surely then Andrew won't think of any more excuses for not consummating the relationship! I'm not sure where Andrew gets his prudishness from; it's certainly not from his mum, who says she "needs" to woohoo at least once every day!

Anyway the relationship seems to be back on track. I don't think I'll tell Andrew. Nothing seems to have actually happened, so there's no point in upsetting him. If anything had happened, I'm sure Julian would have some memory of it. So it looks like Julian and Jack never got beyond the mildest of flirtation. I'll leave it up to Julian if he wants to tell Andrew.

All told it tends to strengthen my belief that Sims are far more than mindless automatons controlled by algorithms. They're real little people trying to give their best shot at this game we call "Life". And, much like ourselves, they sometimes make mistakes!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3546 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 8:46 PM
OUCH!
(when I thought it is good night to stargaze) http://prntscr.com/tm4wyo
Scholar
#3547 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 12:54 PM
"You just married Tank Grunt, the richest Sim in Strangetown with a net worth of over $110K. If that doesn't fulfill your want to marry a rich Sim, nothing will, Stella!"
Mad Poster
#3548 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:47 AM
To fulfill the want sims must live separate and she must move in via wedding.
Scholar
#3549 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
To fulfill the want sims must live separate and she must move in via wedding.

That explains it, but in my mind, Stella just doesn't know what she wants.
Mad Poster
#3550 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
That explains it, but in my mind, Stella just doesn't know what she wants.
In a case like that, if she still has the want, I'd fulfil it manually by turning on Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled and then Control-Click on the want. RoxEllen reminded me how to do it a few days ago here.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 142 of 168