Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 12:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Split-floor problem (with picture!)
I downloaded a building and it has a split level between the first and two floors.

There is a staircase from first floor, it goes into the split level (as you can see from the picture) and then it goes up to the second floor.

My problem is with the wall of the split level that I have coloured in bright red brick.

1. I want to increase the size of the split level but when I delete the red wall, I can't seem to recreate it. When I use the wall function it just won't let be redo a wall above the level 1 gray wall. This means I can't change the size of the split level. I have been playing TS2 for 10+ years but have never known how to do this!

2. If I wanted to get rid of the split level completely, is that possible now? I tried to remove everything so just have floor 1 and floor 2 but this split level doesn't disappear so I've had to leave it.

Any help is appreciated

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 12:49 PM
This is done using a lot of trickery with cheats, and I'm not sure if it can be extended without creating the exact circumstances, or if it can be extended at all once it's made. There are some tutorials on making split levels that explain how to build them (with pictures) . Maybe search around a bit on Google?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 1:07 PM
If I deleted the whole 2nd floor, could I delete the split-level, and then just rebuild a 2nd floor without the split level?
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 2:24 PM
Which lot is it?
You can delete the whole level and build a normal one, yes.
From the pic, I'd say all that was done is make the level normal size and then shorten the walls with CFE.
If you delete that wall and put another one, I assume, it's a normal size wall, right? Then you'd lower that wall with CFE to make it the same level as the other shorter walls, I think, but I'd have to see the lot to be sure.
This is a simple tutorial on using CFE that shows the basic function of lowering a wall. Although it's not for split levels, it might get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydXN1lkX1lg
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 5:09 PM
Is the red wall not just a half wall?
Alchemist
#6 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 4:22 AM
If you want to put different walls into the split-level space, without using CFE, you could install Numenor’s «unlevelled wall», which will be able to place in that area. You can’t build using standard walls there, because the space is not the standard wall height. It looks like there is a whole dummy level between the lower and upper floors, so to remove the split-level landing would mean rebuilding the upper floor entirely.

This kind of split-level is actually fairly simple to do, as it is just one change across the whole building. Just takes a little planning. Try a tutorial or two, you may surprise yourself.