Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Zamira : 12th Oct 2019 at 11:08 PM.
problem with elevators
Hi I have a problem with elevators in an apartment building that I built, the SIM can only use them from the Floor -1 on the ground floor, on floors 5 and 6 no, and this image appears on the sim:
as if he said he can't pass because of a door ...
how can i solve? all elevators have the public marker and are marked go to floor -1, ground, floor 5 and floor 6.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 11:33 PM
Markers in shafts arent necessary, which could be a reason perhaps putting one in them makes it not functional. Pretty sure you can find premade penthouses with elevators without them and function perfectly.

Also, worth nothing the entrace of an elevator must be extented to 3 length by 2 width routable pathway. Otherwise Sim will have a tantrum even if the lobby of desire destination aš immediately direction-turn after the elevator. Basically, where the footprint of the elevator's outside layer iš highlighted, leave another 2x1 line on its end.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 5:00 PM
Hi thanks to you both for the answers;
I checked, on the 5th floor I had forgotten the public marker.
On the 6th floor it was a problem of spaces, as mentioned by SneakyWingPhoenix.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 7:48 PM
Yeah. Reasons like this why footprint of objects could been made better. Should have made it 2x5 (which beats me who thought it's a good idea) instead of 2x4 where still can't route despite meeting minimun requirement of vacant space.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yeah. Reasons like this why footprint of objects could been made better. Should have made it 2x5 (which beats me who thought it's a good idea) instead of 2x4 where still can't route despite meeting minimun requirement of vacant space.

96/5000
Exactly, I don't know why EA allows such a small minimum space, if the sims don't pass

----> I apologize for my precarious English, it is not my language.