Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 12:33 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 25th Jul 2020 at 10:55 AM.
Default Loincloths for Adult Males like these teen ones from PBK (or a tutorial so I can convert them myself) [SOLVED]
I've had these loincloths for teenage boys by ladylarkrune at Plumbbob Keep for a couple of years now, and I'd like to get something similar for adult males. I had rather hoped that ladylarkrune might have done a similar set for adults, but I can't find any adult loincloths on Plumbbob Keep at all.

The teen set uses an excellent alpha-editable mesh by tiggerypum, who also made a matching mesh (with a few recolours) for adults. So I'm thinking, if nobody's made the ones I'd like already, could I do an age conversion myself? With a matching mesh already made, it would seem to be largely a matter of resizing the .BMPs in the right proportions. I've seen experienced modders do age conversions quite quickly. So could anybody point me in the direction if a good and easy-to-follow tutorial on doing age conversions?

By the way, my Sims and I have no objections to females wearing loincloths too. Modern Veronaville is quite open-minded about such things. So are there any loincloths for females?
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 1:44 PM
If the meshes have the same shape and the same UVmap, it should be fairly easy to make recolor conversions in Bodyshop (make recolor files for the adult and teen versions and copy over the textures - if they have different file names, you can just make sure the filename is the same. Bodyshop textures don't really mind as long as they're BMP files and have the proper name and same size as the ones they're replaced with.

For female versions you'd probably need to find another mesh to work with, as the simple way of just changing genders on male/female conversions only really work with the ages child and below (due to neck gaps).
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 10:45 PM
An alpha-editable skirt could have the sides edited away to resemble a loincloth, as long as the alpha goes all the way to the waist. There's also an accessory sarong for adult female sims out there and maybe its mesh could be recolored to look like a loincloth. It's probably Elau's swim scarves accessory here on this site.

I had a Stone Age sims village hood where the women wore something bottom-only but I don't remember if it was skirts or loincloths and I don't remember where my DVD with the backed up files for old neighborhood saves is.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If the meshes have the same shape and the same UVmap, it should be fairly easy to make recolor conversions in Bodyshop (make recolor files for the adult and teen versions and copy over the textures - if they have different file names, you can just make sure the filename is the same. Bodyshop textures don't really mind as long as they're BMP files and have the proper name and same size as the ones they're replaced with.
Thanks simmer22 and SIMposiast, and sorry for not replying sooner. I suppose I was hoping that something might be available "off the peg". It was indeed much easier to do an age conversion than I ever imagined. I just had to clone tiggerypum's loincloth and then replace all the texture .BMPs with the teen ones from PBK. I did all seven inside a couple of hours:
I had always imagined I'd have to resize the .BMP images for the larger adult body.

tiggerypum's mesh is really an alpha-editable skirt. Some of their original Egyptian loincloths do go all the way round like a skirt. I think sushigal must have used it for her England Waiter outfit, as I already had the mesh (and only the mesh) in my downloads folder.

At present I know absolutely nothing about UVmaps, though I'll obviously have learn if I going to continue to try my hand at meshing. In the non-Sims world I know UV normally means ultra-violet but I cannot even imagine how ultra-violet light could affect my Pixels.

As for female loincloths, I've got some Maxis Castaway ones, and I'm sure I could edit the textures to get plainer ones more like the ones my boys wear. At present I only have teen ones, but I think that's only because I didn't bother to install the Adult and Elder ones. I'll want to remove the "warpaint" for modern [semi-]civilised Sims to wear! Anyway getting the adult male ones fixed was my priority. It means Julian will still be able to wear his extra short one when he goes to university. When he becomes an undergraduate, he'll maybe celebrate by getting his scissors out and making his loincloth even shorter.

I think I'll upload this to Plumbbob Keep seeing that's where I got the teen ones from. I know I'm not really a medieval player, but I do play Veronaville, and Veronaville's story goes back a very long way.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 7:04 PM
I guess this is a little late, but there are some in this set here: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...33142#msg733142. Hermit Fox updated castaway meshes to include fat and preg morphs in the 2018 Founder's Day event on Garden of Shadows. They might be a little too tribal for you @AndrewGloria, but there's loincloths for all ages, so you might be able to use them to recolor. And the Native Hunter Swim Bottom is shorter; maybe you can take a look at that to recolor?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 10:54 AM
I have shared my age-converted (teen-to-adult) version of ladylarkrune's loincloths at Plumb Bob Keep here. It seemed the most appropriate place since her original teen ones are there too.

Thanks Phantomknight for your information about those Castaway clothes by Hermit Fox!

I'll have a look at them. Some of them seem to be separates, which could be useful. The Castaway clothing I have at present is by meetmetotheriver/Tarlia, and comes in the form of lots of items combined into a few large files. SIMelissa told me about them a few years ago. Because they are essentially Maxis items, they don't have the custom star, and as a result are "townified", which means townies can generate wearing them. I would prefer them not to as this would indicate an a very eccentric choice of clothing even by my standards, I don't like the body markings that teens and older Sims have. I suppose it's ok if it's some sort of body paint (warpaint?), but if they're tattoos, they clearly should have them on all their outfits, including naked. I also had a graphics issues with some of the child formal wear, and had to "detownify" these by editing the Property Sets in SimPE.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!