Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2020 at 8:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default OFB question
When my sims checks up on her lot she learns that her business made a 801 ( or another number ) today. Does this mean how much money her business made ? Her business said that she made a 11 today
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2020 at 10:20 PM
Yes. It decays every day you don't go in personally, unless you have nobusinessdecay installed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd May 2020 at 11:52 PM
Yes, that is how much money she made. Leaving things to a manger are pretty useless without mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2020 at 6:46 PM
Which mods do you recommend ? I couldn’t find any good ones when I was searching for them.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShaniaNextDoor
Which mods do you recommend ? I couldn’t find any good ones when I was searching for them.

I use Pescado's "anti-business decay". As long as your owner phones in every day, your profits should stay steady.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th May 2020 at 7:09 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 4th Sep 2020 at 3:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Quote: Originally posted by ShaniaNextDoor

Well, for the problem you're having, get Pescado's Anti Business Decay like Kestrellyn mentioned.

For other business mods in general... Um, yeah. The list got long. What can I say, I like to be through.
Cyjon's Basic Sell Only
Cyjon's Commercial Buffets
Cyjon's Customer Cleanup
Cyjon's DJ Booth Fixes
Cyjon's Donate Lot
Cyjon's Fake Townie Sales
Cyjon's Faster Pass Along or Squinge's Pass Along Business Perks Fast/Always Positive
Cyjon's Faster Restocking Badge
Cyjon's Faster Set Price
Cyjon's No Quitting (Squinge also has mods for this)
Cyjon's No Window Shopping
BoilingOil's Numbered Business Ranks
BoilingOil's No Met Self Memories
BoilingOil's Pass Along to Family
BoilingOil's Residential Shopping
Inge's Auto Cash Register, Auto Restock Sign, Automatic Open Sign, Employee Scheduler, and Hotel Podium. Or use BoilingOil's Simulated Sales Auto Cash Register. Gummilutt here on MTS made the Auto Cash Register recolorable.
Inge's Pay Door, Buffet, Gym Machines, Arcade Games, and Toilet
Gummilutt's More Sensible Badge Gain and Faster Crafting
Gwenke33's Pickable OFB Employee Work Schedules
Hackster Manic's Mod – Sell Photographs at your Businesses for more than §2
Kestrellyn's Pass Along and Transfer Lots to All
Kestrellyn's Hire Anyone in Person Regardless of Relationship
Lord Darcy's Celebration & Custom Cakes Can Be Placed in OFB Decra-Chill Food Display
Numenor's All-Placement "Open/Closed" sign
MidgeTheTree's Business Owners Can Be Baristas
Pescado's Customer Selector
Pescado's No Lame Hires
Pescado's Rally Forth No Move
Pescado's Relevant Wages
Pescado's Smarter Cashier
Pescado's Swindlers List or

Pescado also has OFB Fixes and Business Runs You, neither of which I don't personally use, but I know others do (instead I use a bunch of Simwardrobe's mods). He has No Playable Shoppers, too, but you don't need that if you use BoilingOil's Simulated Sales or Simwardrobe's Playables Don't Go Broke + Bandatron Playables Don't Go Broke or Squinge's No Unwanted Stuff in Inventory.

Squinge's Assign Sell Items & Tidy Up To Selectable Sims
Squinge's Customers be Seated Faster at Restaurants & Browse Quicker
Squinge's Close Shops Faster
Squinge's Employees Always Rested
Squinge's Employees work for half of normal pay
Squinge's Employees No quitting for low pay & no charging owner to work
Squinge's Hire More Employees
Squinge's Hire Young Adults
Squinge's More Employees For Hire
Squinge's Move away from cash register
Squinge's No Auto Answer Cell phone When Shop is Open
Squinge's No Autonomous Shop Fighting
Squinge's No Autonomous Tipping at Restaurants (to prevents sims from wandering in the kitchen)
Squinge's no more who are you trying to call
Squinge's Order Espresso Owner Fix
Squinge's Promote any Employee to Manager
Squinge's Ring Up Customers Faster
Squinge's Restock crafted items without the need to craft more (this apparently works on food, too) or Restock crafted items without owner
Squinge's Sales Manipulation less motive cost

Simwardrobe's Customers Leave After Purchase is built into Playables Don't Go Broke or Cyjon's Leave Business
Simwardrobe's Crafting Station Routing Fix
Simwardrobe's Customer Limit Adjuster or Cyjon's More Customers or Squinge's More Customers At Shop or Piqiwi's More Townie Sims Visit Community Lot (+ Business Lot's Customer). Or you can increase the default number of visitors in the first place by increasing the number in your user startup cheat (add "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims XX"; replace the Xs with your desired number).
Simwardrobe's Help Shoppers First (there's two versions) or Nopke's More Helpful Salespeople
Simwardrobe's Improved Perk Up Interaction
Simwardrobe's Mood Check For Sales Interactions
Simwardrobe's Show Item To Fix AL Only
Simwardrobe's Timeclock (you might not need this if you have Business Runs You or Inge's Employee Scheduler)

If you run non-traditional businesses, you might want to pick up Simwardrobe's employee controllers. There's one for fishing, gardening, maintenance, and musicians, to name a few. Also:
Cyjon's No Engine Weenies
Cedrigo's Buy Juices on Community Lots
Mike_1102's Juice Tray Mods /Fixes - Never Be Cleaned up, Placeable on Endtables, Sellable & More
Simler90's Massage Business Mod
Simler90's Salon Chair Mod
MidgeTheTree's Sell From Inventory
MidgeTheTree's Witches Are Matchmakers
MidgeTheTree's Tell Fortune
MidgeTheTree's Custom Potions Made Better
MidgeTheTree's Buyable Canvases and Prints

If you run home businesses or a farm you might want these:
Kestrellyn Sellable Novels
MidgeTheTree's edit of Cyjon's Less Complaining or Squinge's Customer No More Complaining
BoilingOil's Shoppers Respect Privacy
BoilingOil's More Realistic Yields and BoilingOil's Lower Fish Prices and the Simwardrobe Produce Packing Station Update to go with them.
Simwardrobe's Fish Packing Station and Produce Packing Station or BoilingOil's Simulated Sales versions of the Fish Packing Station and Produce Packing Station
Pescado's Fish and Harvest Fix
Monique's Talk To Many (Plants and Trees)
Monique's Harvest Yield and Harvest Time
Dickhurt's Harvestable Produce Restocking Fix

If you want your playables to visit each other's businesses:
Pescado's No Reassign
Squinge's Hire Family Members

Finally, there's also Simler90's Business Mod and Townie Budget Mod; these are big mods (especially the Business Mod) that attempt to provide fixes or change gameplay.

Note: Pescado's mods can be found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html (or, more directly, here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/) Pick your latest EP and download from that folder. And there's a big word doc with descriptions of Pescado's mods linked on the first post here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,14444.0.html.

Note: Simwardrobe is gone, but Paladin's archive is available here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87829/ thanks to Bulbizarre. I believe there are text files in the downloads, but if not, you can look up "simwardrobe.com" on the wayback machine; most pages are archived and you should be able to screenshot a description.

Anyway, these are just the ones I know about and/or have in my game (I don't have all of these in game, though my download folder is a huge 19 GB. ) Well, except for mods for adult-type businesses, but that's a whole different discussion for another thread. And, actually Squinge has a bunch more business related mods, but they felt too cheaty--in fact I didn't link to those at all. So if you're looking for mods like always get good reviews, no bad makeovers, no customer's throwing their bags down, instant badges, employees don't quit, free employees, get back to work is always positive, or mods that prevent certain socials while the shop is open, etc., they are out there (and a lot are by Squinge), I just didn't link them.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her