Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2020 at 6:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Do you have a default replacement for the snow like this one? I couldn't get the X-Ray cursor to work either and completely forgot that I had that mod in my game (the X-Ray cursor won't work with replacement snow textures).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2020 at 1:21 PM
Okay, we'll check something else. I believe the x-ray cursor is a shader. On older or smaller computers, if the game decides your hardware isn't capable of running the high end graphics settings, it may automatically set them all to the lowest options. This includes disabling shaders.

A quick and easy way to check whether your shaders are turned on is to place a fish tank in one of your households and stock it with fish. Or have sims visit or live on a lot with a pond large enough to show pond fish and wait a minute or two for the game to spawn fish in it. (The Maxis park in the middle of Pleasantview works well for this.) If you can see fish swimming around in aquariums and ponds, your shaders are turned on. If you can't see any fish, shaders are turned off and that may be the cause of your x-ray cursor not working.

If shaders are turned off, you should be able to turn them back on again by adding this line to your userstartup.cheat file. Be aware that if you have a really small computer, turning shaders on may affect the game's performance.

boolprop useshaders true

Let me know if you need help making a userstartup.cheat file.