Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 9:52 PM Last edited by BeckyBoo8 : 6th Jul 2020 at 10:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Two "Throw Party" Tree Options
So I'm having some laptop trouble and long story short had to install all of my games once again.
My Happy Holidays disc was not working, so I went onto my old laptop and copied the two files H05.bundle.package and H06.bundle.package under C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and placed them in the same location on my new laptop. Opened the game in a test hood - everything seemed fine.

The only thing is when I click the phone, there appear two "Throw Party" options on the menu. One has the options for House Party and Sports Party, the other has the option for New Years Bash. Normally, there is only one tree that has all three options. I don't mind the two tree options so much, but more so want to make sure what I did didn't just explode my game. (I backed up everything)

I could live without the stuff pack, but I already had the pack installed on an old hood I want to continue playing, so I need it to work because the pack adds NPCs and not having it would corrupt my neighborhood.

EDIT: also I think I may not have copied all of the files I need, since there is no option on the fridge to bake Santa cookies.
EDIT 2: Santa Cookies option is available. Maybe I didn't have what I needed the first time.