Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 1:32 PM Last edited by SandyBrutish : 10th Jul 2020 at 4:11 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Graves That Still Appear in Hood View
Yesterday I got the Ultimate Collection working on my new Windows10 laptop and transported over my neighbourhood save and all my CC from my old computer. I noticed that when I went into my graveyard lot on the new computer, all the tombstones were gone despite being visible in the neighbourhood view. I thought maybe they were just invisible but nope, I was able to place objects on the tile where the tombstone used to be. The strangest thing is that when I checked the same neighbourhood on my old computer, the graves were all there as normal. I do have the nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath mods.

The neighbourhood file is identical to the one on the old computer... the only thing I did before moving it over was running Hood Checker, which found some invalid family ties and relations that I had the program remove. Does anyone know what's up? And if there's a simple fix or if I will have to restore all the lost tombstones with this method. I did spend the morning reworking the central park east lot in BC before I noticed this problem, and I'd rather not have to do all that work again by just plopping the backup back in :D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 6:15 AM
Neighborhood view shows you the view of the lot as it was when you last saved it. When the graves go missing, the game doesn't update the lot imposters by itself. You'll have save the lot again if you want to update the neighborhood view so the graves go away.

Moving neighborhoods between computers can cause weird problems. The last time I did that, all the employees at my owned businesses vanished out of my megahood.

Even with nounlinkondelete, graves will occasionally disappear on their own. They just won't become unlinked from the sim's files and allow the sim to be deleted from the game. It's good to know how to respawn your graves in case your they disappear.

mike_1102's Urnstone Spawner makes it easy to bring back graves that have disappeared.
https://modthesims.info/d/236885/th...d-09-28-08.html

arek_91's Select Your Cemetery is also recommended
https://modthesims.info/d/316426/fi...-sims-died.html

Simler90's Better Ghosts will prevent ghosts from losing their death type when graves are moved to another lot. This is a big mod, though, and may have other features that you don't want in your game.
https://modthesims.info/d/626308/up...ter-ghosts.html
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Simler90's Better Ghosts will prevent ghosts from losing their death type when graves are moved to another lot. This is a big mod, though, and may have other features that you don't want in your game.
https://modthesims.info/d/626308/up...ter-ghosts.html
SixAm!'s No Death Type Loss When Moving Tombstones to Community Lots will also do that, and is a much smaller mod if you don't want Better Ghosts.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:38 PM
I did run Hood Checker again on the new computer and it found the missing graves. I had the program resolve the issues and my graves returned to their proper place and everything seems to be running fine. Thank you for the replies and your links! I don't really pay much attention to ghosts and dead sims (which is why my graveyard is so lazy and basic) but it's also why I never bothered to get mods that I definitely should have, like Select Your Cemetery. Will be doing that now.