Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Relationship Decay Mod

by mgomez Posted 18th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2014 at 8:21 AM by mgomez

459 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 19
Test Subject
#326 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 1:52 AM
Please, fix it soon <3
Test Subject
#327 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 5:03 AM
Zero_, you rock! Downloaded the scripted mod with your cfg file and removed the other version. I can finally play my again again!
Inventor
#328 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:57 AM
I want to say that I loved this mod but it seems that after all these months this latest patch has made it incompatible. Every time I try to load a lot/household it takes me back to the Map. Just thought I'd let you know.

Check out my Simblr
Test Subject
#329 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zer0_
The scripted version of the mod still works, but you have to download the cfg file I provided before.

Sorry, but I cant find the "cfg file" - theres only two downloads. I always take the second one, bc I want no decay at all.
Where can I find the cfg, please?
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pruppp
Sorry, but I cant find the "cfg file" - theres only two downloads. I always take the second one, bc I want no decay at all.
Where can I find the cfg, please?

Page 13 of this discussion
But you need to download the first file from the main download page, don't unzip it, then open my cfg file and set both numbers to 0 (or 1 if 0 doesn't work), put both files (the zip and the cfg) in your mod folder and it should work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#331 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:46 PM
I love this mod!

But EA just forced me to do an update and after that, the mod caused the game to reload the landscape screen over and over.
I tested all my mods (only have this and that you get a better boost of coffee and its this scripted mod, that causes the game to not load)
If you have the time, pls fix that, bc this mod is absolutely needed!

Same here.
Test Subject
#332 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:33 PM
I love this mod!

But EA just forced me to do an update and after that, the mod caused the game to reload the landscape screen over and over.
I tested all my mods (only have this and that you get a better boost of coffee and its this scripted mod, that causes the game to not load)

Same problem here. I searched hours to find the mod which is the buggy one D:
I need that mod so bad ! Love it.

If i set the % on 0 with the other version, will it stop the decay too?
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aniinchen
Same problem here. I searched hours to find the mod which is the buggy one D:
I need that mod so bad ! Love it.

If i set the % on 0 with the other version, will it stop the decay too?

Yes, but you need the cfg file (page 13) because the in game configuration doesn't work since May
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#334 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:46 AM
This mod is awesome! Love the "set it and forget it" option.
Test Subject
#335 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:49 AM
Just did an update and the file that completely eliminates friendship/romance decay completely is having a conflict. When you click whichever household you want to play, it goes to the loading screen and then goes to the screen where you select which neighborhood you want to manage. However, the file that you have to enter the console command into seems to work just fine. Keep up the good work, as your programming is very impressive!
Test Subject
#336 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:20 PM
I am having no luck resolving the issue that came with the latest patch. This is the only mod I have so I know it's coming from here. I can't play the game because when I click on a family, it brings me back to the neighborhood screen over and over. I have tried both versions of the mod, with and without the cfg file but no luck. I can't play without this mod! Please help. I will remove the mod entirely and just build houses until there is a resolution. lol
Test Subject
#337 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimChelle1982
I am having no luck resolving the issue that came with the latest patch. This is the only mod I have so I know it's coming from here. I can't play the game because when I click on a family, it brings me back to the neighborhood screen over and over. I have tried both versions of the mod, with and without the cfg file but no luck. I can't play without this mod! Please help. I will remove the mod entirely and just build houses until there is a resolution. lol

Ok, wait, now it's happening even with the mod removed and the game repaired.
Test Subject
#338 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:35 PM
Page 13 of this discussion
But you need to download the first file from the main download page, don't unzip it, then open my cfg file and set both numbers to 0 (or 1 if 0 doesn't work), put both files (the zip and the cfg) in your mod folder and it should work.

I nearly am done! I opened the cfg file and there stands 30 30 - but I cant change that. Im unable to delete or change the number.
What am I doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#339 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:06 AM
I nearly am done! I opened the cfg file and there stands 30 30 - but I cant change that. Im unable to delete or change the number.
What am I doing wrong?

I don't know, but I changed it for you. Both numbers to 0, unzip it in your mod folder and let me know if it's working.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  mgomez-no-relationshipdecay.7z (161 Bytes, 461 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#340 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 4:49 AM
Just FYI -- this mod seems to working just fine here. I have not noticed any of the 'issues' that people have posted here. That's not saying that they're not happening, but you may want to look further than this mod, or perhaps at the idea there's some kind of conflict or interaction with another mod you're using.

Also, the commands to set the decay rates work just fine. (As do the various debug commands that MGomez put into the mod.) I expect you're trying to use the commands at the wrong time. I don't know if this happened with a patch or what, but the game will not accept these script commands at the map screen. But if you load a lot/household (so you're in 'Live' mode), you can enter the commands and they work just fine.

One last thing -- do not place script mods in nested folders. I have a modified 'resource.cfg' that allows me up to 5 levels of nested folders, but that seems not to work with script mods at all, only .package mods. I can go -one- (and only one) level inside the Mods folder. So 'Mods/Scripts' -- something like that. Any deeper levels of subfolders and the game doesn't see the script mods. That's how it works for me anyway.

Hope this helps someone. Take care.
Test Subject
#341 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:11 AM
Default Needs a Fix!
I love this mod!

The same thing happened to me when the game updated! Needs a fix!
Test Subject
#342 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 7:03 AM
I don't know, but I changed it for you. Both numbers to 0, unzip it in your mod folder and let me know if it's working.

Nope... still doesn't work for me.
Lab Assistant
#343 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Zer0_ : 12th Jul 2015 at 10:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kiki5483
Nope... still doesn't work for me.

Have you enabled scripted mods in your game?
The mod itself needs to be in the main mod folder, not subfolders. The cfg file needs to be in the same folder as the mod.

Anyway I can confirm that configuration in game started working again, so it can be set as for the instructions in the main page. The tuning version of the mod (no relationship decay) seems to be causing problems in my game too.
Test Subject
#344 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 11:39 AM Last edited by Thea : 12th Jul 2015 at 11:55 AM.
This last patch (July 9th) completely broke this mod. After doing some research seems I'm not alone, it rendered the game unplayable and had to be removed to get the game to launch. Dare we hope an update is in the works? This, along with the your motivedecay mod are my two absolute must have mods!

edit: Didn't realize there were posts already on the topic and a fix on page 13. Thank you Zer0_ this seems to be working for me!!
Test Subject
#345 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:10 PM

Thanks very much for the quick answers and the time you invest in this mod!
It sadly is still not working.
I put both files in - I tried the cfg unzipped and zipped - the mod does not show up at the beginning of the game under scripted mods like it used to. I have scripted mods enabled of course.
I still tried it and paid close attention to one specific relationship - but it is decaying. (Extremely fast, thanks EA you really thought that through - NOT).
Test Subject
#346 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 3:21 PM
Yes, but you need the cfg file (page 13) because the in game configuration doesn't work since May

Thank you so much. I wasn't sure if "0%" will mean it is disabled or "0%" means 0 changes. English is not my native language, thats why i wasn't sure if i understood. But it works now. Thanks ! Hero <3
Test Subject
#347 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 3:55 PM

Thank you very much for this fix Zer0.

I was having the same issues as some others with just being sent to the neighbourhood screen when trying to load a lot. I knew it was this mod as I had removed all mods & added them back in one at a time, tested the game & then added the next one in. This fix is very much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#348 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:14 PM
Does not work in my game. It loops back to the town screen whenever I try to enter any house. Once I removed the mod, I'm able to enter any house. I tried putting the mod back in, and the looping issues comes back again.
Lab Assistant
#349 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:33 PM
Thanks very much for the quick answers and the time you invest in this mod!
It sadly is still not working.
I put both files in - I tried the cfg unzipped and zipped - the mod does not show up at the beginning of the game under scripted mods like it used to. I have scripted mods enabled of course.
I still tried it and paid close attention to one specific relationship - but it is decaying. (Extremely fast, thanks EA you really thought that through - NOT).

The patch sometimes reset the options for scripted mod... check if it's really enabled because if the mod is not showing in the start window, the game is not able to read it. Try to download the mod again from the main page if still doesn't work, the mod must be zipped and the cfg unzipped.
Test Subject
#350 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:15 PM
Great workaround, can't wait for a real fix
It's just a guess, but maybe if you put this cfg file in your download folder along with the mod it will start working.. changing the value inside the file from 30 to anything else should change the rate of the relationship decay.. I'm not sure which one of the two values is for friendship and which one for romance.

This works only for the scripted version of the mod (first one in the main download page) and is needed since the in game configuration from command line stopped working and the mod cannot generate the cfg by itself anymore.

I know at least one person who will need a hand to get this working on their system, but thanks a ton Zer0_! I was trying to get friend of the world to compensate, but sims are really needy, like black holes and vampires And sims would rather be called than talked to in person, apparently.
Page 14 of 19