Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 6:03 AM
Default is anyone else haveing this problem
every sim in my game is stealing stuff even non kleptos what in the world is going on and can it be stopped
this has never happened before until I installed eco lifestyle now its happening all the time
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 6:56 AM
I hear it's a feature of the new eco pack. Has something to do with a Neighborhood action plan (N.A.P.) that passed. You can vote on them and see what they are on your mail box.
Some of the effects are quite annoying. Now you have to gather signatures to get it repealed. You need five signatures to repeal.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 2:22 AM
I thought the emergency update was meant to correct this. However my Sims are still "swiping" items off of thier own lots! Deleting really as the items do not appear in the household inventory. This is happening in a fresh new game where there appears to be nothing needing to be repealed. (I will take another look to be certain)
dodgy builder
#4 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
I thought the emergency update was meant to correct this. However my Sims are still "swiping" items off of thier own lots! Deleting really as the items do not appear in the household inventory. This is happening in a fresh new game where there appears to be nothing needing to be repealed. (I will take another look to be certain)

Oh yes. Trine was so happy she could get away with an item of her own. I couldn't ever find out what she thinks she stole, but the house is full of stuff so who knows. I couldn't find them in any inventory either. I kept having to fill the recyclingmachine, so I would have noticed, and the build folder box thing never had anything in it. The worst was the guests though. From what I noticed they even stole things when the action plans was for something else, but I might be wrong. I can't be sure her best friend isn't a klepto. It just wouldn't surprice me if they managed to mess it up.

There is a tickbox in the options somewhere for the NAPs, I haven't tested it, but perhaps I should. I thought I would test the patch first.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 6:34 PM
My sims keep stealing their own computers and I have no idea what they do with them because they are just gone. Also, my sim that is living in a industrial neighborhood bought a generator with her very hard earned simoleons and it was fried by lightning. Ok that was my fault for having it outside, but it caught on fire. My sim put the fire out. Went to sleep. The next day, even though it was unusable, it caught on fire again. My sim put the fire out. I put the broken generator in the family inventory. She went to sleep. The spot where the generator used to be caught on fire again. She put it out. I had her recycle the generator. She went to sleep. Guess what? The empty spot caught on fire again. My sim is doomed to be forever haunted by the ghost of the burning generator.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 1:34 AM
I've gotten to the point where my sims are doing nothing but playing guitars or with clay and cubes and my game is getting unplayable now. Sims are randomly stealing things from me, too, and it sucks because now I have to go through all the neighborhoods in my rotational save and turn off all the NAPS and hope that I won't have to do this again. I installed a bunch of mods that stop the NAPS from having any effect, too. I'm...kinda sad the only thing I really like in this pack is the new skills.
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 8:05 AM Last edited by Keren : 22nd Jun 2020 at 8:18 AM.
The game feature should only accrue if you've got the Sharing is Caring NAP on your sim's neighborhood,
and it might be a feature if your sim have the Recycler trait (but even then, it requires a fix)
please click Me Too on those bug reports, and try the fixes made by modders in the meantime..

Bug: Sim swiping own household objects (Recycle Trait)
Bug Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...it/td-p/9175363
Fix: http://modthesims.info/d/643290/rec...-swipe-fix.html

Bug: Objects disappear from lots/ NPC Stealing (with and without N.A.P)
Bug Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...nd/td-p/9178299
Fix: http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost
Alternative fix which includes more autonomy issues but is less effective on the stealing part (don't use both fixes, they conflict!):
https://simvasion.wordpress.com/por...ractions-fixes/

Bug: NAPs from all neighborhoods are applied to visiting NPCs
Bug Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ng/td-p/9185155
Fix: https://simvasion.wordpress.com/por...autonomy-fixes/

also, seems like toggling off NPC votes doesn't stop the NAPs from being randomly chosen by the game, so it's not a solution.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by guzma
I've gotten to the point where my sims are doing nothing but playing guitars or with clay and cubes and my game is getting unplayable now. Sims are randomly stealing things from me, too, and it sucks because now I have to go through all the neighborhoods in my rotational save and turn off all the NAPS and hope that I won't have to do this again. I installed a bunch of mods that stop the NAPS from having any effect, too. I'm...kinda sad the only thing I really like in this pack is the new skills.

I like the water collectors and the photovoltaic solar panels. Wish there was a thermo solar panel running a steam engine. All in all, this Eco pack needs to be disabled. It's more like the CHAZ pack.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 5:37 AM
And that is why I avoid that NAP like the plague, though I hope you're able to get it figured out!
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
The game feature should only accrue if you've got the Sharing is Caring NAP on your sim's neighborhood,

There's also a bug where Sims can get the NPCAutonomy "stuck" to them (even played Sims), so NPCs from another neighbourhood could still be swiping stuff (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...t/true#M136794). Simvasion's autonomy mod should fix this for NPCs and played Sims. Swiping your own stuff sounds more like the recycler trait though.

also, seems like toggling off NPC votes doesn't stop the NAPs from being randomly chosen by the game, so it's not a solution.

There's a notification for a new NAP every week, but nothing actually goes into effect (unless you vote for something yourself).
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 12:50 PM
One of my Sims has the tendency to to bring out a violin from time to time when asked to do something else. This looks like a bug.

I'm wondering if the new 'no trespassing' for doors and gates is to minimise the amount of unwanted sharing/stealing of objects. I'm now putting fences around all my properties and forbidding anyone not from the household in. It's certainly keeping Vlad and other vampires out.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 6:40 PM
Oh my goodness, the violins! *GAAH!*

If a sim has a violin in their inventory they'll whip it out whenever they're bored (which is translated to "whenever they're not doing anything else") so if you don't want them to do that, you may want to drag the violin out of their inventory and put it somewhere else. This has been a thing long since before the update, though (I haven't updated).

I think it may be a problem with just about any instrument sims can carry around (but it's possible it's worse with the Eco Living pack according to Carl's guide on Youtube, as one of those neighborhood voting things makes all neighbors play instruments at any time).
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Oh my goodness, the violins! *GAAH!*

If a sim has a violin in their inventory they'll whip it out whenever they're bored (which is translated to "whenever they're not doing anything else") so if you don't want them to do that, you may want to drag the violin out of their inventory and put it somewhere else. This has been a thing long since before the update, though (I haven't updated).

I think it may be a problem with just about any instrument sims can carry around (but it's possible it's worse with the Eco Living pack according to Carl's guide on Youtube, as one of those neighborhood voting things makes all neighbors play instruments at any time).

She didn't even have a violin in her inventory, much less play one! She had no musical traits or skills whatsoever.
Scholar
#14 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:09 AM
Yes you no longer need musical instrumentals in your inventory for them to whip one out, even more odd, they play like a professional. If we are all now professional music players regardless of skill point. I don't see the point in training my Music Lover sims any further.
dodgy builder
#15 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Yes you no longer need musical instrumentals in your inventory for them to whip one out, even more odd, they play like a professional. If we are all now professional music players regardless of skill point. I don't see the point in training my Music Lover sims any further.

How do they manage to f* things up this closely? I mean is it even related to anything effected by this pack?
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
How do they manage to f* things up this closely? I mean is it even related to anything effected by this pack?

I don't have the pack yet, nor did I patch for 1.63, but most of those issues are caused due to the lack of tests (in the code)

for example, if there's a role for sims to play more violin because of certain active NAPs, EA probably forgot to add tests so it won't apply on active households, and another test for the violin skill
causing everyone to get a violin spawn in their inventory whenever the game push them to play.

with NAPs autonomy they forgot a test for neighborhoods, so sims from all neighborhoods have autonomy push to do all of the NAPs from all of the neighborhoods..

another good example is with traits. lots (maybe all) of the buffs that are trait related are missing a test for the actual trait
so sims get them randomly without even having said trait.

what most modders who fix those type of issues do, is simply add the missing tests into the tuning files
how EA keep missing to add those from the get go is beyond me.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 7:01 PM
It'll soon get to the place where this game is more of a hassle to play than it's worth.
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 3:58 AM
I don't have the pack yet, nor did I patch for 1.63, but most of those issues are caused due to the lack of tests (in the code)

for example, if there's a role for sims to play more violin because of certain active NAPs, EA probably forgot to add tests so it won't apply on active households, and another test for the violin skill
causing everyone to get a violin spawn in their inventory whenever the game push them to play.

with NAPs autonomy they forgot a test for neighborhoods, so sims from all neighborhoods have autonomy push to do all of the NAPs from all of the neighborhoods..

another good example is with traits. lots (maybe all) of the buffs that are trait related are missing a test for the actual trait
so sims get them randomly without even having said trait.

what most modders who fix those type of issues do, is simply add the missing tests into the tuning files
how EA keep missing to add those from the get go is beyond me.

Lack of testing and poor management. I honestly don't blame EA anymore. Maxis is the one to blame if you ask me. They're the developers and designers.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr