Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:07 PM
Default Creating a mod: Genie self clean themselves.
Can anyone help me or give a guide how I go about accomplishing this? A mod that advertises Sim to clean themselves as much as normally do when they're stinky and take a shower.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 3:59 PM
Do you have the ITUN? Unless it is hardcoded to not allow autonomous use it should work by adding hygiene advertisement in the ITUN. I think you should have posted in the modding discussion forum.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:31 AM
Which exactly part of autonomy value I change?

Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 2:35 PM
<Change type="Hygiene" advertised="25"

Change the advertisement value higher. Try something like 200.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:25 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:42 PM.
Though will these push that Genie to clean the Sim that (when) has that much hygiene? And 200 represents when they're Stinky (critical)? I put the package in package folder under Game Bin (Since I'm using Steam version)?

ETA: @Lyralei, @heaven, @Karen Lorraine can you move this thread please?

Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:26 PM
Not sure exactly how it corresponds to needs, but the higher the value, the more inclined the sim will be to autonamously do the action. So changing to 200 should make the sim much more likely to do it autonamously. 
Also I think tuning mods should still go in your mods>packages folder, not the game bin even if you're on steam
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 2:17 AM
Yea pretty much what zoe22 said. The higher the value, more likely they are to use this interaction.

To test it. Put a genie on a lot with no shower, bathtub or sink. Bring Hygiene completely down. And check if it works. You can also try locking the Sim behind walls.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 9:00 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Jul 2020 at 9:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Not sure exactly how it corresponds to needs, but the higher the value, the more inclined the sim will be to autonamously do the action. So changing to 200 should make the sim much more likely to do it autonamously. 
Also I think tuning mods should still go in your mods>packages folder, not the game bin even if you're on steam

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Tested, and my sim didn't use the action despite all my attempts to cancel sonic shower. I'll have to try and move it.

ETA: Still hasn't worked. Maybe I should Disallow DisallowAutonomous to true then?

Scholar
#9 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 9:09 PM
I will check if it's hard coded to not allow autonomous use.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I will check if it's hard coded to not allow autonomous use.

So what did you find?

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#11 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 9:05 PM
2 things I noticed that could welljust be it, is the following:

Code:
Change type="Hygiene" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="0"
See how "actual" is 0? Usually what EA does in their ITUN is that if it's advertised as 25, then the actual also needs to be 25. Which for testing, even 100/200 in both advertised and actual should do the trick for testing

Also make sure to change the 'locked' to true for a change. According to Nona Mena's tutorial, it's the following:

Quote:
locked - Whether is the "advertised" and the "actual" change is the same.

Hopefully that actually does the trick!
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
So what did you find?

Sorry been really busy. Looked at the code just now.

Bad news. It's hard coded.

Code:
if ((isAutonomous || (occultType == null)) || !a.SimDescription.ChildOrAbove)
                        {
                            return false;
                        }

ITUN modding will not work. Script mod will be required. I was thinking of doing an Enhanced Genie mod sometime in the future.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 4:10 AM
That sucks I would love genies to just clean themselves or a Sim that annoys them (neat freaks perhaps doing it more often) and summon food when they're hungry.

Scholar
#14 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 5:54 AM
The Current version of Summon food will not work autonomously because it's a menu based interaction. We'll have to create a new one where the summons their favorite food or something.

There's a chance I might create and enhanced Genie mod in like 3 months or so.