Replies: 2027 (Who?), Viewed: 201268 times.
Page 80 of 82
Mad Poster
#1976 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 8:57 PM
Stir fry with broccoli, cauliflower and carrot.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#1977 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 9:16 PM
Final day of leftovers. And broccoli (there was some left from a week or so back, and all the other not-green greenery was already consumed).
Mad Poster
#1978 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 2:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Oooo! Can I have your recipes?

Haha, the recipe for most (non-baked) food I cook is "Hmm, I think this amount of this thing would be good! *adds it* And maybe some of this! *adds it too*

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#1979 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 4:52 AM
Yesterday: scoops of peanut butter out of the jar
Today: Gin and fruit punch.
I tend to keep it simple. I did make something for the daughter, tho. She's having a self inflicted bad day.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1980 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Haha, the recipe for most (non-baked) food I cook is "Hmm, I think this amount of this thing would be good! *adds it* And maybe some of this! *adds it too*
Haha! That sounds like what most good cooks do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I did make something for the daughter, tho. She's having a self inflicted bad day.
What did you make her?

We went to a party and brought an asparagus dish that was gobbled up. It's baked with a cream sauce and Parmesan - what's not to like?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#1981 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 5:45 AM
I made my daughter box fettuccine yesterday, but she decided not to eat it. She is very picky. I had meat balls with ketchup on them today. Daughter had McDonald's. picky means McDonald's... oh why?

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1982 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 6:39 AM
When my son was little, he only ate box mac n' cheese, peanut butter and honey, and pizza. He also liked hamburgers and MacDonald's or Burger King were ok by him. I couldn't get him to try anything. That did not change significantly until he was in college, where he did the cooking. Now an adult, he amazes me with the variety he eats and his kitchen skills.

Mad Poster
#1983 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Dec 2019 at 4:36 PM.
A kind of rib steak. Just hoping it will turn out alright.
(edit: it did )
Alchemist
#1984 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 3:07 PM
Homemade pizza tonight, something with chicken for me. I can't tolerate 'red sauce and cheese' together anymore--too much fat, I think. I'm not doing much more because I burnt myself out with housework yesterday plus cooking/baking.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#1985 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 5:19 PM
Eggs Benedict, which ohmygod poaching eggs and making Hollandaise sauce and having them both finished at the same time is impossible... :P

Still good though!

Mad Poster
#1986 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 6:42 PM
Leftovers from Xmass; goose (hubby insists on doing this nasty pile of bones every year). I made asparagus , my own recipe: drizzled with olive oil and baked 10 min, drizzled with pureed asparagus (the 1/3 that was too tough, the other third I could make furniture out of), not cooked, just mashed through a sieve makes it thick. Then mixed it with butter browned with whole walnuts (which I removed and covered with fudge). Simple, crunchy, buttery. And salad, on individual plates -mixed baby greens, sprinkle on top pistachios, goat cheese, pomegranate. THAT stuff is all gone, but still have so much left from cheese plate..got to freeze it all (crackers?) ..So tired of it. And eating too much left over fruit..apples, pears, grapes. Oh, and I discovered the orange pieces...carefully cut free of the membranes... in the fridge, forgot to put on salad..

Namaste
Alchemist
#1987 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 6:37 PM
I made cinnamon rolls this morning. They were a quicker than normal recipe and I was skeptical but they tasted awesome.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#1988 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 7:53 PM
Ordered pizza. It's a bit expensive, so it's more of a once in a while treat, but sooooo yummy!
Mad Poster
#1989 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 8:59 PM
Last night was veggie pizza. Had the remainder of the pizza this morning.

Alchemist
#1990 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 9:17 PM
We are trying to get out a rut of doing the same thing on Saturdays. So we drove to a different town to do a little shopping and then out to lunch at our local diner. It started snowing (which was expected) and the diner had a skeleton staff on or people who were disinterested and we had a lackluster meal. We rarely eat out so it's disappointing. We keep trying new restaurants in the area (we moved here in April 2019). Our main choice is usually a diner which serves food all three of us can eat (husband is a vegetarian and son very picky semi-vegetarian, me just like food cooked properly). Diners used to be awesome. Now you're lucky if they come around with a coffee pot for a second cup.

Mad Poster
#1991 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 9:58 PM
Lasagna (without pasta or ready-made spice/sauce mix, for a change) with lots of veggies mixed in with the meat, a layer of sweet potatoes, cauliflower sauce, and cheese on the top. Turned out pretty good!

That poor blender, though... I do need to get a proper food processor soon, because I don't think the plastic container in the blender is meant for hot things (I'm always afraid it's going to crack), and it's a nightmare getting thicker mixes out of it.

May consider making a thicker version of the sauce as a possible replacement for potato mash. I never used to like cauliflower, but I think I may be developing an "it's okay" taste to it.
Mad Poster
#1992 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 10:33 PM
Pasta with soft butter (spreadable) and pink Himalayan salt.

Mad Poster
#1993 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 10:34 AM
Eggs Benedict - Home made hollondaise, smoked salmon, spinach and home made hashbrowns and obviously poached eggs
Ricotta and Blueberry Hotcakes with meringue kisses and mascarpone
Corn and Zucchini Fritters with labne, muhammara (Capsicum dip) and rocket
and Bircher Muesli with almond milk, coconut yoghurt, cocoa nibs, pistachio and apricot & date compote

I'm basically remembering everything that I have cooked today at work

And what I cook for myself to eat at home; Red Bull and take away, mainly potato cakes and dim sims from my local servo

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#1994 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 6:13 AM
Mushroom-and-ricotta stuffed ravioli (from scratch- I've wanted to try making filled pasta for a while now, and it wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I'd expected) with a white wine / butter sauce, fresh-baked cheesy flatbread, and a spinach salad with strawberry and almonds.

Mad Poster
#1995 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 8:29 AM

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
DELETED POST
11th Mar 2020 at 2:51 PM
This message has been deleted by Emmett Brown. Reason: wrong thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1996 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 3:19 AM
Ooo! Those look delicious, Sterling_Archer. What are they? Being home more means cooking more. Recently made lentil penne with sauteed spinach and vodka sauce. Today I tried West African peanut soup.

Scholar
#1997 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 9:32 AM
Made "extra dark chocolate snack cake" by brownedbutterblondie the other day. Its weird. Its almost like cake bought from the supermarket minus the chemically taste. Its not bad, but like where's the coffee flavour that was supposed to be there? Cos we put in more than was instructed. We didn't make the coffee buttercream to put on top cos the cake is sweet enough without it.
Test Subject
#1998 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 2:39 AM
Default thanks bro
wow thanks bro
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1999 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 8:18 PM
Making a stir-fry tonight with wheat noodles - Chinese type, savoy cabbage, onions, scallions, garlic, ginger, hot pepper oil, sweet chili paste, tofu, and soy sauce. I might throw in an egg.

Mad Poster
#2000 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 12:43 AM
We bought a bag of GOYA white rice a couple of weeks ago as that is all I could find at the time.  Does anybody know the secret to cooking it?  I'm determined to use it up as I'm not going to be one of those people that buys stuff "just because" but my usual trick of rinsing rice to remove a lot of the starch isn't helping in this case.  The stuff comes out like oatmeal no matter how much I rinse it. 

We typically buy long grain brown rice which I've found doesn't have this stick-to-your-ribs problem. I don't know if cooking this white rice in the Instant Pot would make any difference or not.
Page 80 of 82