Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2021 at 9:55 PM
Default Is there a music autonomy mod such as this? (details below)
Recently I downloaded a hack from Cyjon I believe, which changes the way the electronic synthesizer works. Basically, when it's used by player direction, it acts as a skill object meaning sims keep playing it even if their fun meter is full,, and when it's used autonomously it acts as a "fun" object, meaning that sims tend to stop using it once their fun meter is full.

Is there a mod like this for the other instruments?? My sims are SO obsessed with instruments, and I wouldn't mind it if they would STOP after a while but they don't, they could probably play them all day if I let them, or at least until they're on the brink of peeing themselves.. It gets kind of really boring after a while.. It doesn't help that almost all their wants become music related too.. Lol. I wouldn't want to disable autonomy for the instruments all-together, but I think it would be really cool if they acted like the synthesizer mod.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th May 2021 at 5:02 PM
You might want to try Dizzy's "Exit Fun Hack" found here. The description reads, "Sims that have already acquired fun will be more open to queued interactions." And I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but I saw another one on there called "Exit Skill Hack" which makes it so "visitors that use skill objects (like chess or piano) will exit out of that skill sooner depending on how active they are."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2021 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dina Landgraab
You might want to try Dizzy's "Exit Fun Hack" found here. The description reads, "Sims that have already acquired fun will be more open to queued interactions." And I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but I saw another one on there called "Exit Skill Hack" which makes it so "visitors that use skill objects (like chess or piano) will exit out of that skill sooner depending on how active they are."

Hi! Thank you for the recommendations. I tried out the Exit Fun Hack but it hasn't had an effect I wanted. The issue, I think, is that instruments are treated as skill objects no matter if used autonomously or player-directed, and so this hack had no effect on them. I loaded up a test household and left the only fun item to be a piano. I played at speed three until someone used it, and then the wife of the household sat down on it. She didn't quit playing it on her own basically the entire day. I usually have no issue getting them to stop playing it by giving them a command, I just like to let my sims be autonomous sometimes and not micro-manage everyone, especially when I can't find interesting wants to fulfill, so I find it really annoying when the whole household just gets stuck on instruments all day. It's like I have to constantly watch them and constantly think of stuff to keep them away from the darned things.. It gets a little tiring, and it feels all the more pointless when the sim already has maximized creativity.

I think the way the synthesizer mod works is perfect, because I can choose to let them skill for a long time if I direct them to use it, but if they choose to go play on their own they don't get glued to it all day.