Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SEP (Slot Enable Package) v. 1.2 *UPD 19may08*

by Numenor Posted 28th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM - Updated 19th May 2008 at 1:18 AM by Numenor : Updated to "Kitchen & Bath" SP

406 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 383 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 17
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#351 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 6:44 PM
Thank you, Numenor, for your time and effort to make sure the SEP is compatible with AL and all other EPs.

One question though.. Does SEP work the same as Lord Darcy's mods to enable more objects to be placed on any surface such as top of dressers, armoires, shelves and so forth?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#352 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:21 PM
No, this is a completely different mod; the SEP is only aimed to allow a diagonal placement on the corner counters (thus making the corner usable); the SEP does NOT add new "slots" to the counters.
On the contrary, Lord Darcy's mod is a modification of a many objects (not counters, as far as I know) that ADDS new slots to the objects, thus allowing a greater number of decorative objects placed on them (or allowing placing objects where no object was previously allowed).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#353 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 12:35 PM
I intentionally left out kitchen counters to avoid possible conflict with SEP. After all, functional corner slots are way more important than decorative slots only for useless clutters.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#354 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 4:37 PM
Thanks, mylord You are always one step beyond

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#355 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 6:49 PM
Thank you two for the help!
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Here I am
Let me update the CEP and then I'll update this mod, too, to AL and IKEA.

The suggestion given by Yaakovashoshana, above, is good: re-buying or moving the corner counter.
The fact that AL doesn't contain any new counter doesn't mean that this mod is safe: often the new EP brings copies of the original counters from the older EP, which may break this mod.

I'll check this as soon as possible.

Ok. I think I missed something. Numenor wrote in this post, that
"The fact that AL doesn't contain any new counter doesn't mean that this mod is safe: often the new EP brings copies of the original counters from the older EP, which may break this mod."

And now everybody says there is no need to update.
Can somebody tell me now is it safe or not?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#357 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 4:58 PM
You're right, my explanation was not worded in the clearest way -

Usually, when a new EP comes out, the SEP can suffer for two main problems:

1) the new counters released with the new EP are not included in the SEP (and therefore don't have the usable corner), and I have to update the SEP to include the new counters. This problem did NOT occur for Apartment Life and Ikea, because neither packs provided new counters. Under this point of view, we can say that the SEP doesn't require any update.

2) The second problem is that sometimes the new EP, in its effort to update something in the old counters, temporarily "breaks" the SEP, thus causing the corners to become unusable. From this point of view we can say that the SEP is not "safe", meaning that it can be temporarily broken by the new EP.
In this case, there is no need to update the SEP, because the solution is is simpler: you have to sell and re-buy the counters, or just move them around (so to make them change from corner to straight and then back to corner); this way the corners will be usable again.

Conclusion (after my tests with AL and IKEA): the SEP is perfect as is; it doesn't require any update, and can be safely used with AL and IKEA

Lab Assistant
#358 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 9:40 PM
Thank you for your answer!
It's clear now!
Lab Assistant
#359 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 11:49 PM
This...is...so...GREAT! Thank You :D.
Lab Assistant
#360 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 12:30 AM
As always, thanks for your great work!

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Field Researcher
#361 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 7:41 AM
This is the most useful mod ever! I don't know how I could have played sims without it. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#362 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 4:46 AM
Thanks so much for the work you do Numenor. I totally depend on this mod for my small lots and small apts.

I wonder if you need to look at this for Mansions & Gardens. Since installing it I have had lots of problems with cornering maxis and cc counters. I don't know if the new 'setquartertileplacement on' cheat has changed something in the code, but since counters can be moved with that cheat, I am sure something was changed in coding them.

However, I make sure it is off before placing counters.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#363 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 3:57 PM
If you have problems with the counters not accepting diagonal object any more, after installing a new EP, you may need to either:
- sell and rebuy the corner counter; or
- pick the corner, move it around (so to make itsshape change to linear) and then place it back in the corner position. This should force the game to read again my mod for that counter.

Anyway, I'll check this mod with M&G to be sure that Maxis didn't break anything (more that we already know )

Test Subject
#364 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 9:54 PM
I think that M&G may have broken the SEP because it no longer works in my game since installation. I thought I may have accidentally deleted it from my downloads folder during maintenance, so I redownloaded just now. I'm a little confused because when I went to put the new download in my folder, it asked to overwrite the one I already have, showing that I still have it, I just overlooked, but the file I have says it was last modified on 6/15/2008, and the one I just downloaded says last modified on 5/19/2008. Should I just go ahead and overwrite and see if it starts working again?
Instructor
#365 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 9:13 PM
Why oh why hasn't Maxis hired you yet? This is brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#366 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:03 AM
I've been using this mod ever since I discovered it years ago! Just recently got Kitchen & Bath Stuff and I was stumped for a second when my corner counters weren't working properly, then I remembered I hadn't gotten the updated SEP for K&B. Downloading now.
I love you Numenor! You're the best.

What a lovely way to burn
Lab Assistant
#367 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 6:43 PM
Awesomeeeeeeee!!! Thanks!
Test Subject
#368 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 9:24 AM
We can always count on you Numenor, for the best in innovation and originality! You are definitely "Best in Show!" I never hesitate to download anything you come up with, I know it will be only quality. My heartfelt thanks to you!
Test Subject
#369 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 12:37 AM
I'm re-installing the sims on the new box I built and this is the first thing I downloaded for my game. I litterally can't play without it anymore, it makes too much sense! It's bad form that with all the patches and packs maxis has made they never picked up on this mod (and maybe sent you a check).
Test Subject
#370 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 7:24 AM
Ahh, you're a life-saver. I don't know how I got on without it before! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#371 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 5:00 PM
hi all, does this still works with the latest release of EP and SP?

#372 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 5:09 PM
wow, thanks numenor, i cant wait to test this!!!!
Test Subject
#373 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:38 AM
I love having this, I can't even use custom counters anymore, I miss the slot too much. Is there any chance you'll update for Kitchen and Bath?
Test Subject
#374 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:38 PM
Would you mind updating this for AL? <3 this download.
Lab Assistant
#375 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:19 PM
Three words: U R AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks much! =^..^=
Page 15 of 17