Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Warrior Sword *UPDATED*

by JohnBrehaut1 Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 5:01 PM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 6:53 PM by -Maylin-

471 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 19
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 2:03 PM
This is so cool, thank you a million times! I'm doing a medieval story with war going on and now I can really show the fighting. You're the best!
*hugs*

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Test Subject
#77 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 2:56 PM
Awesome!
Where did you get the outifts?
Fluffy
retired moderator
#78 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:20 PM
oooh, you posted it ^_^
that looks great!
*runs off to stab Don Lothario*
Test Subject
#79 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:24 PM
Wow this is Great! I have 1 request. Can you make armour along with this?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:35 PM
ChocolateLady, the red outfit came with OFB and the silver one from Elfmaid http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86611
Ilikepie123, i prefer to make objects, so i probably wont.
Test Subject
#81 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 4:59 PM
This looks great - thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#82 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 5:41 PM
since you said it wouldn't be to hard (and becuase I don't know the first thing about modding) if you had the time could you switch the sword with the larger cooking knife? no need to change the base or anything, just the blade. I have Johnny The homicidal Maniac in my game and it would be awsome for him to have his knife.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 5:46 PM
xSkissorsx, I dont really do requests, so i probably wont. I can tell you what i will be making, "The sword in the stone"
Test Subject
#84 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:11 PM
"Functional" my bottom button. It says it's corrupt when I try to extract it with WinRAR.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:17 PM
I never said I could make it, JohnBrehaut1, besides, I'm only 13, how good do you expect me to be at doing that kind of stuff.
Test Subject
#86 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 6:29 PM
That is freakin AWESOME!!!!!! must have....downloads.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#87 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:03 PM Last edited by JohnBrehaut1 : 15th Jan 2007 at 7:26 PM.
alecrox12, well i am 14 and have been for less than a month, so dont make excuses because of your age.

EDIT: Just so you know over 3/4 of this was done when i was 13.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:06 PM
Water_Rules: mts2 is having some server issues, so that is probably causing it. Wait a little while and download it again.
Instructor
#89 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 7:08 PM
**sighs** I might live to regret this, but...

Quote: Originally posted by alecrox12
I never said I could make it, JohnBrehaut1, besides, I'm only 13, how good do you expect me to be at doing that kind of stuff.

I'm not entirely sure that being 13 makes it impossible to learn how to mesh. But then making new meshes oneself isn't a prerequisite for giving constructive critique.

I _am_ sure that the following isn't beyond a 13 year old:

Anybody who uploads work for free here is making a gift to Sim2 users. Anyone who uploads a work that took 6 months of work is making a huge gift.

If you get a gift, you reply politely. If you don't like it it's okay to say so, and nobody forces you to accept the gift. "hey that's crappy" is not a polite reply and not exactly constructive critique either.

Have fun gaming & recoloring.
Test Subject
#90 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:13 PM
Well whatever your age, you did a terrific job, being twice your age I gotta admit I could never do that. Forget about the age or skills issue, this is a superbe mesh and I'm sure lots of people will be enjoying it ( with 254 thanks already, yea pretty sure there's a lot already enjoying it ).

Thanks for your work and time.

For the ''hand holding it'' problem, I thought of something. I know absolutely nothing about meshing and all, I gotta admit I'm totally clueless about this. But just tell me if my idea is possible to do.
-Ok you said you must attach the handle to the wrist, so the sword doesn't disapear every now and then.
How about making an extension to the handle, a wire, a rod, that would be attached to the wrist so the handle of the sword looks like it's in the hand at all time. Of course that extension, whatevet it is, would be of ''ivisible color'' so the user doesn't actually see it, only the sword in the palm of the caracter's hand.

Just an idea, I might be totally off since I know nothing about how it's possible or not. Anyway I'm already thankfull of what you've done with this, great job.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#91 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 8:29 PM
This is incredible! The potential for using this in stories and pictures is limitless--awesome, awesome job! :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#92 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:09 PM
Absolutely amazing. So much so, it brought me out of my lurker status. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Forum Resident
#93 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:11 PM
awesome!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#94 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:34 PM
Mako.I.Test, I did think of moving the position of the sword lower so it would be in the hand more, but the hand with many things would clip into the sword and instead of following the movement of the hand, it would follow the movement of the wrist, so it would be all over the place.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:10 PM
might seem like a stupid question.... but what do the ghosts of the killed/ suicide sims look like? u kno how when the come out of their graves, they wander around and depending on the way they died they are a certain colour and do certain things.... do you know what colour and things these ghosts do! and btw this is fantastic! loving the sword and it's brill! A* for the object.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 10:56 PM
This is awesome. Thankyou bunches!

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#97 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 11:40 PM
absolutelyfabulous7, I am pretty certain that they will be the colour of when a sim dies from hunger.
Instructor
#98 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 11:57 PM
Yes, the death type is hunger.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 12:57 AM
Oh my gosh this is so cool! Wow! Thank you! *downloads*
Test Subject
#100 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 1:28 AM
Thanks for the answer buddy. It's already looking good, really good anyway.

By the way, I'm not even asking because I know one thing ; this takes a LOT of time and patience. But let me only say this ; If you ever make a similar job with a StarWars lightsaber, I'm sure you'll make many people's eyes pop out of their heads !!! But then again, I'm not asking just dreaming

Thanks again, keep up the good work !
Page 4 of 19