Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Designable modular stone stairs, with shape options

by marvine Posted 16th Mar 2008 at 10:39 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2008 at 5:32 PM by marvine : Added manual install instructions

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 147 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 11:20 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
I was searching for something like this :lovestruc .it is so great .Big thanks
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 11:23 PM
No! It still isn't showing in my game( What's happening?
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 11:29 PM Last edited by fsh23 : 21st Mar 2008 at 12:39 AM.
Ok, they've overwritten "almost indestructable stairs in concrete"... and there is only one of them. No recolors or anything. They don't look like yours, only the texture.

Now I have pasted your text under BV TSdata instead. Now it doesn't overwrite any more but there are still no recolors, and they don't look like as they should (that is, like the ones in your pictures).

if you can
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#54 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 11:42 PM
Omg omg omg - these are the best stairs since Numenors recolourable wooden and lethe_s elven stairs =) An absolute must have for us who love building outdoor realistic. Ty so much for sharing and for having this brillo idea!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 11:48 PM Last edited by CynicalChick : 21st Mar 2008 at 6:32 AM.
wow, that looks sooo natural... Great work!
Field Researcher
#56 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:05 AM
Wow, just wow, simply gorgeous and so inspiring to create fantasy and nature styled type homes, love this.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#57 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:25 AM
Spectacular!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:23 AM
*bows down*

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:30 AM
thank you thank you thank you

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:57 AM
Fantastic, thanks so much
Forum Resident
#61 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 1:01 AM
WOW. I cannot find word to say what I feel. wonder and joy, I think. I can already figure them in game.... thank you marvine. thank you thank you thank you
Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:17 AM
Insanely beautiful!
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 5:03 AM
This is so unique! Great job
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#64 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 6:12 AM
Fantastic!! You did a wonderful job.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 7:07 AM Last edited by whoden : 21st Mar 2008 at 7:12 AM. Reason: Forgot a question
How do I change the stairs in-game? Do I need an extra program?
Also, and I don't know if the stairs did it, but when I installed them, my neighborhood cam got all wonky for a bit. But after I deleted and re-installed them, it kinda fixed itself. Explanation?
Forum Resident
#66 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 8:24 AM
You really do make some awesome stuff for our sims! Thanks a million for sharing so generously!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:53 AM
Wow, my first reaction was so filled with happy, surprised profanities that it can't be repeated here, but suffice to say these are glorious! Finally something for nature trails that won't clash with... well, anything. Thank you so much!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#68 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 12:59 PM
So awesome! Thanks! :D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 1:15 PM
Absolutely brilliant! I'd like to get rid of all the game stairs and just use yours.
Instructor
#70 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:41 PM
This is possibly the most amazing custom content ever created! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! :D
Forum Resident
#71 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:58 PM
...........maxis guys must be astonished to see what a modder can actually do.....WOW!!!! thank you veeeeeeery much!!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 3:07 PM
Oh...my...God...*dies* This is possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! My kudos to you!

~†~Come to the Dark Side...we have pretty men.~†~
Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 5:24 PM
Fsh_23,
My bad - I didn't realize that if the EPs brought more modular stairs, then the numbers I indicated are already taken for other stairs >_<
So in this case, I guess that pasting my script in the same location *without changing the numbers* should work fine and not overwrite anything - unless you just delete it and do the Scriptorium install, which won't mess with the scripts at all (the new definitions are added in a special folder).

Whoden,
These stairs aren't related in any way to the neighbourhood camera so this must have been a coincidence.
Once the stairs are in place on your lot, they just show the basic single stone shape; you need to use the "design tool" (looks like swatches of cloth on a ring) in build mode to choose the shape and colour of each step individually.

ATTENTION: if you never edited scripts to install modular stairs, fireplaces or custom walls, in order to avoid confusion and messed-up files, I strongly advise you to use Numenor's Scriptorium! It's a very small program, installs in 1 click, and will allow you to properly, safely and easily install and remove all these special items.

Thank you all for the feedback, this wouldn't have been possible if Numenor didn't figure out how to make modular stairs recolourable in the first place!
From there is was just a matter of personal need and curiosity, and I'm really happy that you like the outcome
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 8:07 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
These are absolutely fantastic. I've installed them and the waterfall shower in my caveman lot and it turned out great. Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:57 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 8:06 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thanks.
Page 3 of 7